Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejosiesdog
Stranger
How did my puppies jaw get broken??
    #13593769 - 12/06/10 11:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

sorry this is so long, but there is a lot to it.

I have two 13 week old puppies that my 18 year old daughter left outside with the mom and dad. Now, this is a no no as mom plays too hard and dad will pin the pups to the ground in a dominant manner when they are misbehaving. Dad has never drawn blood on the puppies, never bit them, and doesn't keep going after them once they submit.

When the puppies were left outside with mom and dad, I was at work.  My daughter ended up leaving with her boyfriend and "forgot" the pups where outside.  My 19 year old son heard this horrific yipping and ran outside to find the dad pinning the male puppy to the ground and wouldn't let him up.  The dad obeyed my son when he told him to stop.  When he checked out the puppy the puppy would cry every time he touched his jaw.  I didn't find out until I got home because nobody called me at work.  I took the puppy to the vet the next day and found out it's jaw was broken. but the good thing is it is a non displaced fracture and it will heal without a problem.

I am confused as to how the dad could break the jaw in that manner. I actually am concerned that my husband might have done it but won't tell me.  Case in point - my daughter tells me after the fact that when the big dogs are trying to follow my husband into the garage that he kicks his heel up backwards and hits them in the face causing them to back off. This I did not know and absolutely do NOT condone.  More evidence - when I got home from the vet and told him the pup's jaw was broken, he stated "I already knew that" and when I asked him to clarify he stammered and stuttered and just said, Oh I could tell from how he was crying.
More things that make me think that my husband may be responsible - we had a discussion a few days later at a restaurant during dinner.  It first involved this guy that had lied to me and then I started talking about how I didn't understand how my dad dog could have broke the pup's jaw from just pinning him. My husband tried to state that the dad dog rears up on his two hind legs and actually slams the puppies into the cement. My daughter quickly argued that she never seen the dog do this to which my husband answered "I don't mean like a horse - he just goes up on his legs and slams them"  When we both argued that the dog didn't do that, my husband stated "well it is just a little bit, but he slams the puppies into the cement".
I tried to give him a little way out by suggesting that something could have fallen on the puppy.  However, when I suggested that maybe something in the garage fell on the puppy he quickly argued that "I don't let any of the dogs in my garage".  But then he said that the puppies climb on things in the backyard and tried to say that the puppies where climbing on top of an old washer he had in the backyard that he was going to scrap.  The puppies are too little to jump or get on top of the washer.  My daughter made sure to tell him that. I asked him if he was home when it happened and he answered "no" really quickly but my daughter reminded him that he was home so he changed his answer to "Well, I am not even sure what day it happened, so I can't say if I was home or not".
Anyhow, I got tired of the discussion so I excused myself and left the restaurant and walked down three stores to the pet store. I went inside, bought some dog food, paid for it, and took it outside. WE had arrived to the restaurant in two different vehicles, so after a brief discussion about where to put the dog food, I got into the truck with my husband.  I started to talk about the guy we were talking about at dinner - the one who lied to me.  I made the statement "I don't know why people gotta lie, why they just cannot tell the truth".  My husband immediately responded "Well, I guess something could have fallen on him, maybe the dad dog didn't do it".
I was confused because I never said anybody was lieing about how the puppy got hurt and his immediate assumption that I was talking about the puppy situation makes me believe more that he did kick the puppy and it wasn't the dad dog that did it.
I don't know - I was hoping for some input from the community as to what they think of the situation? AM I just being suspicious and jumping to conclusions? or does the evidence produced sounds like he may have done it?  He believes in smacking the dogs when they are bad which I yell at him for and I have caught him kicking at the big dogs like he was trying to "shoo" them away which I have yelled at him for. I don't believe in any type of physical abuse towards an animal. I believe that there are better ways to train and correct.
Any suggestions for me to find out if he was responsible for the puppy's jaw being broke.
Any help or suggestions would be great.  BTW -  soon the dogs will no longer have to be exposed to him as I am moving away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEnigma of Ankou
Realist
Male

Re: How did my puppies jaw get broken?? [Re: josiesdog]
    #13593783 - 12/06/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I stopped reading this after you stopped breaking the wall of text up into paragraphs

Paragraphs god dammint :crankey:

But yeah its obvious as fuck that hes the one that did it.

--------------------
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.-George Orwell-

OfflineLadyLittleZeppelin
Stoner
Female User Gallery

Re: How did my puppies jaw get broken?? [Re: josiesdog]
    #13594021 - 12/07/10 12:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Why are you even asking us? You know he did it. Why not stand up to him? I would leave my husband if he did my animals that way. If he can't be nice to something that can't fight back who says he's not doing the same thing to you and kids?
Just sayin. My husband's stepdad is a general asshole and he never hurts his animals. I couldn't imagine living with someone like that, not even for a minute. Well hell, if my hisband ever hit me I'd just slash his throat. Love him but I have a 0 tolerance policy for animal abusers and women beaters.

--------------------
SHROOMS MAKE YOU GAY
~
Crystal G said:
  its cuzzzzzz i giiiiiive a meeeeean blooooowjjjobbbb.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder