Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
new martha-mutant koh samui super strain pins
    #15342675 - 11/09/11 12:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was inspired by a post on this site somewhere to build this glove box and it has paid off. I have not seen green since. It is not my idea but I can say it is effective and cheap.I bought a hepa-filter/ionic fitter from wal-mart for $30. I used tape to form a flap around the exhaust on the device. I first line the inside edge of the flap with packaging tape. It sticks well to the bag but peels off the duct tape easily. I use a new super-cheap-o trash bag and start sticking it to the tape following it all the way around.I turn on the unit and cut one long slit on top for loading/viewing and two small holes on the side for my hands. When I run it it inflates the bag and creates positive pressure. I keep it in the box and very clean.

Here it is inflated. Two hand holes and  viewing hole. hepa and ionic filtered.

The tape and tape flap

Sometimes I roll it up and use it again

I also ordered a four tier shelf unit from amazon.com for $20. I picked up an impeller cool-mist from wal-greens for $20. I have a repti-fogger that i love but Im not sure yet how helpful it is to my martha. The fogger is piped in the top corner. There are two "windows" cut out on two sides plus the top and bottom are fabric. The bottom fabric holds the water completely from soaking through but it seems like air passes easily enough. It passes easily throughout the zipper though.

I was having problems keeping my temps right so I bought a space blanket form wal-mart for $3.00. It was 80X50 and was more than big enough. It keeps my martha around 76 all day and shields it from everything else. it traps the little bit of heat from the light. Due to how cheap it is for Mylar foil I think I will be using this in all my projects. It helped me in a bind and I hope others will see the value too.

I have a tray of pan cyan goliath in her. I've never had much luck with pans so I hope these fruit. They are clean still and on evening 4 in the fc. I also have some koh samui super strain mini-cakes and an agar plate of Hawaiian Im trying to pin. Mostly just testing out the unit.

I also have a small pump in the bottom of my martha that I can run from time to time to make my martha 'piss " out the excess water that has built up. Not necessary but convenient not to have to worry about water-logging it.

Edited by spiritlands (11/14/11 01:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: awesome glovebox and new martha [Re: spiritlands]
    #15342736 - 11/09/11 12:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

kneetoe

--------------------

Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Re: awesome glovebox and new martha [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15358381 - 11/11/11 11:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This is a new addition to my arsenal. It is a double boiler made from industrial coffee maker parts. My friend builds all kinds of cool shit for brewing beer. He used a big stainless pot and one of my girlfriends pots to make the device. It has a thermostat and power supply, on/off switch ect. We will be building more. Its nice to just throw a pillow case of shit in it and come back i a few hrs. Here's the inside with a  good view of the elements.

With the pot

With the hpoo

Electrical components

I needed to heat my martha a little but I didnt have room for a tub of water, I dont have shelves cut yet. The space blankets are working great but I think I need a little more heat to get these pans to pin...

I used a few feet of tube plastic to make what I can only describe as an elongated water-wing. Then I added the outer bag as a surface of plastic to tape to. The air pocket acts as an insulator and the water helps transmit heat. It provides easy access to the heater so this holster has made it convenient to get my temps dialed in. It takes up almost no space either since it is along the rails dangling under everything. Here is the outer sleeve and the slightly inflated inside sleeve sealed as one unit.

Idk if you can tell but the water fills the inside "inflated sleeve" which is where the heater rests and the outer layer has a tape handle I use to hang it with.

Here's some knots and the first pins. These were Koh Samui Super Strain mini cakes and this is the first time Im seeing them in person.

--------------------

Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha

:spiralflip::spiralflip:

InvisibleShroom_Goon
Just Some Guy

Re: awesome glovebox and new martha [Re: spiritlands]
    #15358396 - 11/11/11 11:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This is going to destroy RRs dial up connection lol

--------------------
:peace: :heart: :mushroom2:

Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Re: awesome glovebox and new martha [Re: Shroom_Goon]
    #15369338 - 11/14/11 01:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha

:spiralflip::spiralflip:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom