Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
New DAW made by aliens.....
    #15330686 -

Not really aliens, just a really rad programmer/graphics designer with a vision.  If it bores your, skip through to the 3d view of automation.  :awecid:



--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15330757 -

I wonder how it will fare on CPU usage.

Really interesting looking though. I definitely want to play around with it sometime.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15330937 -

hahahhaaha, pretty awesome.  I can't work like that, but still its pretty sick looking.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: teamkiller]
    #15331514 -

That's a unique way to produce. It would be fun to try it out.

seems like you would need a good machine to run it thought.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15331802 -

Very cool. Reminds me of Touch Designer in its operation:

http://www.derivative.ca/







--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: The_Ghost]
    #15332657 -

I can't really tell what's going on, and don't understand the overall function of it, but you guys seriously underestimate the power of modern computer hardware. Most any second-generation intel processor paired with at least a DX9 level card and a decent amount of memory should handle that.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: blujay]
    #15332684 -

Well considering most producers use a pretty heavy amount of VST's, you have to realize that the DAW isn't going to be the only thing using up CPU.
However, considering the amount of processing that can go into a single song, it wouldn't be too hard to make a track take up a fair amount of cpu.
The depth with which you can take your production is infinite, with cpu usage being proportionate.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15332702 -

Yeah, except like I said, I don't really understand what's going on there. Just that graphically, it's not going to be very much overhead if you have a modern spec. It's not like that's being anti-aliased; and it's not really using any textures, lighting, or physics or anything else of the sort. Drawing lines is something modern graphics architecture is really good at, so you ought to be fine.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: blujay]
    #15332718 -

Oh yes, the GUI shouldn't be a problem for any decent computer.
It's the equations and formulas that go into the DAW's production tools that determine the amount of CPU used.
The computer I produce on is old, so the GUI would probably make it hard to run.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15332726 -

I guess it's only worth it if you have the hardware to run it smooth and want a bit more aesthetic appeal to your DAW, unless it has unique features and such.

I may be able to run it, but I'm fine using a 2d workstation :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15332796 -

NICE :yesnod:


--------------------
This website is GIVING ME THE SHITS!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New DAW made by aliens..... [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15332830 -

Rabidbaboon said:
Oh yes, the GUI shouldn't be a problem for any decent computer.
It's the equations and formulas that go into the DAW's production tools that determine the amount of CPU used.
The computer I produce on is old, so the GUI would probably make it hard to run.



Yeah, it probably isn't worth it.

Filed in category "Aero Glass"


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A contest in graphic design, winner gets their design printed
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ZippoZM 13,996 69 12/24/05 05:26 PM
by lemon_lw
* shroomery check out my brand new track, fresh off the DAW
( 1 2 3 all )
greenspectral 2,480 48 04/06/10 09:24 AM
by truekimbo2
* Which DAW do you use?
( 1 2 3 all )
Earth Child 1,362 41 06/03/12 07:39 PM
by Psy Baba
* Awful (warning, graphic content)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Liz 6,533 80 03/22/06 03:37 PM
by inoculatedGreif
* Your Workstation photos.
( 1 2 all )
Maverick 2,634 31 06/10/08 03:41 PM
by xaeviax
* Missing uvp workstation key St.Demas 122 0 03/31/17 11:53 AM
by St.Demas
* First multi user DAW? Psy Baba 1,281 9 06/17/18 01:02 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Arachnophobia?? -(Very Graphic Pic's)-
( 1 2 all )
SouthPArk 4,006 24 07/03/05 06:52 AM
by GulGen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
632 topic views. 12 members, 39 guests and 295 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.