Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Old shrooms found on haystack
    #15326469 -

Hey so i found some old shrooms in a haystack. I know it's hard to Id shrooms in this condition but I want to at least get some spores to mess around with. Also found a patch a few miles into the forest, probably not active, and around a pound of boletes. Will post more details if needed, thanks.

The haystack shrooms

http://img257.imageshack.us/i/imagejvd.jpg/

http://img267.imageshack.us/i/imagengg.jpg/

No. 2

http://img440.imageshack.us/i/imagebii.jpg/

Boletes

http://img338.imageshack.us/i/imagefan.jpg/

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/imagecrxn.jpg/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old shrooms found on haystack [Re: Zerpk]
    #15326517 -

I think the first ones are psathyrella sp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old shrooms found on haystack [Re: Zerpk]
    #15326613 -

The caps on the haystack mushrooms are rotting so its hard to say what they are.  Coprinoid or Psathyrella or Bolbitius.  Check spore print color and/or post pictures of fresh mushrooms, especially the gills.

The second set could be Hypholoma.  Check spore print color or post pictures of the gills.

The third set is Suillus lakei, a rare find in your area.  Did you find them in the bay area or farther north?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old shrooms found on haystack [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15326883 -

Alright thanks man Ive been searching the Siskiyou flood district near lake siskiyou, found a random haystack with a bunch of rotting shrooms on it.

Nice to hear the boletes are edible since I ate them already haha, not too smart since they are a different species than last time..

I know I need to be heading towards the ocean, but I'll be heading through weed and medford soon, any good active spots within a hour drive of either city? For this month or maybe in the spring


--------------------
Please report any and all bugs to ZerpkAlpha@gmail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old shrooms found on haystack [Re: Zerpk]
    #15327566 -

Zerpk said:
Alright thanks man Ive been searching the Siskiyou flood district near lake siskiyou, found a random haystack with a bunch of rotting shrooms on it.



Ok you are way up north.

Quote:
Nice to hear the boletes are edible since I ate them already haha, not too smart since they are a different species than last time..




All boletes in California are edible unless they have red pores.


Quote:
I know I need to be heading towards the ocean, but I'll be heading through weed and medford soon, any good active spots within a hour drive of either city? For this month or maybe in the spring



It is against the rules to ask for active spots, however I have done extensive hunting around weed and there are no actives in that area.  Probably not in Medford either, you need to head closer to the coast for that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* found shrooms shroom_hunter 5,848 2 09/17/01 09:05 PM
by pyromaniac
* found shrooms shroom_hunter 2,832 2 09/12/01 08:30 AM
by Gumby
* shrrooms growing out of haystacks plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jake909 2,020 10 08/15/03 09:04 AM
by GGreatOne234
* ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful! DankBluntZ 4,664 9 11/02/03 04:11 PM
by BluMonkee
* Transplanting Fl Cubes to Medford Or. it_all_goes_away 702 9 07/10/11 04:44 PM
by Doc_T
* Today's hunt, Medford area, pics. ;) RogueFrog 462 3 11/08/11 08:02 PM
by vjp
* Re: Maryland shrooms shrooms Anonymous 2,063 4 07/21/00 07:27 PM
by mjshroomer
* I want some shrooms Ashaman 2,077 4 05/09/01 09:22 PM
by forax

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
927 topic views. 3 members, 58 guests and 154 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.