Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful!
    #2064424 - 11/02/03 06:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all, I posted a few days ago with my plans on shroom hunting for the first time. I just got back from my first shroom hunt with a friend.

It was nighttime when we were getting ready to leave so by the time we were out of the city we couldnt tell a cow field from a patch of trees :P after driving for 4 hours we decided to turn around and head back since we could not spot any cow fields (lesson 1 learned : know the area your going to hunt in before hand).

On the way back i thought I spotted a clearing so we stopped, and checked it out. Sure enough it was this huge farm land with cow poop just on the other side of the fence we walked to!

We began our search with 2 flashlights and searched the short grass where we saw lots of fresh cow poo. No sign of shroom anywhere, so we started heading for the more out in the open field.

It seemed like cows may not have ever roamed this section of the farm/field. Regardless we continued shuffling quietly in the darkness with our flashlights lookin for some poop.

Suddenly my friend started squealing like a korean school girl on crack and pointing to a spot on the ground. There was  a single shroom growing in between some  knee high grass!!! With closer inspection, the mushshroom was growing off some really old looking cow shit!!!!

As we began pulling back more of the grass we found 6 more mushrooms all growing off the same cow pie. It was an awesome feeling, because for a minute there we thought we were going home empty handed, but not now :grin: We did , after much searching find 1 other cow pie in this knee high grass field but it had no shrooms on it.

Shortly after my flashlight died so we soon felt  like we were looking for a needle in a haystack. We headed home for our 3 hour ride back tired , hungry, and happy ! our missoin was to go out and pick wild mushrooms from a cow field and we did. NICE!!!!

Well hopefully now i will find out they are the good kind so here is all the info regarding their appearance and some pics. I want to eat them soon if they are psychoactive so any helpful replies are much appreciated.

I dont know what color the spores because I just got home with them, although I can tell you that the gills are a dark blackish color.

These mushrooms were found in Florida, about 50 miles south of Orlando in a cow field. They were growing off of some cow dung, with lots of knee high grass keeping them covered.

When we first picked them the caps seemed to be a light brown with maybe a hint of gray in there. Now hours later, the caps are almost entirely black or very dark. 

Sorry about the shitty quality, I could not get my digi cam to work and my webcam was my only option ( it has shitty resolution). I hope someone out there can help me identify these, thanks in advance, good times :rasta: peace

-Dank 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful! [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #2064479 - 11/02/03 07:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

well; although i can not tell much from your pics; i do not think those are Cope. cynas [the only active species with black spores you are likely to find growing from dung in your area].

if they do in fact have black spores they are likely some panaeolus species.

if you want an id you should give a full description. certainly get a print if you can.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful! [Re: canid]
    #2064620 - 11/02/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I tried to corrct them in photoshop and they are beo yond correcting. cannot tell what the hell they are except thaey are some kind of panaeolus as noted above.

btw, Walking around in someones cow field in the dark with a flash light invites buckshot wounds to the butt.

mj

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2064701 - 11/02/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I did what I could to correct the color/brightness and they are really hard to make out.

I would say Panaeouls papilionaceus or a similar specie. They are inactive.

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2064781 - 11/02/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Did they look like this when they were fresh????

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Re: ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful! [Re: BluMonkee] * 1
    #2065328 - 11/02/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the replies all. BluMonkee, I dont think those are the same kind I picked, because the caps were not as light colored and the cap was also more spherical.

Is the pan species that u guys mentioned poisonous?

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2065383 - 11/02/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Not poisonous, but, not good to eat.

The pictures above, those are Copelandia cyanescens...they are hallucinogenic...but, notice the cap color and shape is way different.

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Re: ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful! [Re: angryshroom]
    #2065435 - 11/02/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Cool thanks angryShroom. I think im gonna pack some into the bong later with some mary just to get the essence of first shroom hunt :P

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2065510 - 11/02/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm...I hope your joking!!  :crazy:

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
Re: ARGH MATEYS~! first shroom hunt- --sucessful! [Re: angryshroom]
    #2065568 - 11/02/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hey, thanks for the ID on mine, and I didn't even have to ask  :grin: I was wonderin' what those little rascals were, hangin' out in the pasture with my cubies  :stoned: 

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck