Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15037279 -

It's like the odds of choking on a gas mask during a mustard gas attack. I'll take my chances with the gas mask, thankyouverymuch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #15037288 -

shivas.wisdom said:
I don't think it should be required by law, that's just a money grab in tickets given, but I do think that any rational human should wear it regardless, understand the benefits gained over an possible negative.



it's not as much about tickets as it's a reduction in insurance liability,
have a wreck with out your seatbelts and the insurance company can exercise
it's options to not pay on your injuries claiming they would have been
avoidable had you been in compliance with the law

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: koraks] * 2
    #15037322 -

koraks said:
Could the decrease in unrestrained deaths perhaps (maybe, possibly, going out on a limb here) be explained from a decline in people moronic enough to not wear a fucking seat belt when it's really no trouble at all? I mean, according to Darwin, they'll go extinct anyway :smirk:



dude... we're talking about america, there's never a decline in morons, if one gets darwin'd then 3 more take his place, an idiot hydra+



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15037330 -

Hell yes, I have been to many accidents where someone was killed because they weren't wearing their belt. On the other hand, I have also seen some internal damage done from the belt. Still, you are way better off wearing it than not.


--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15037334 -

I haven't been to America. Are those lobster-tongues a fashion accessory?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 2
    #15037340 -

Mad_Larkin said:
I haven't been to America. Are those lobster-tongues a fashion accessory?




they're claimed to make oral sex much better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15037356 -

:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15037437 -

Prisoner#1 said:
koraks said:
Could the decrease in unrestrained deaths perhaps (maybe, possibly, going out on a limb here) be explained from a decline in people moronic enough to not wear a fucking seat belt when it's really no trouble at all? I mean, according to Darwin, they'll go extinct anyway :smirk:



dude... we're talking about america, there's never a decline in morons, if one gets darwin'd then 3 more take his place, an idiot hydra+




:lol:
Valid point. There's something about the US habitat that makes being a moron a positive trait. I haven't exactly worked out what that is. It's a pity that Darwin is dead; it would have been very interesting to send them to the US and have him do field research. You know, look at Americans' beaks and stuff, and drawing conclusions from that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child] * 1
    #15037686 -

Psybe said:
The choice should be personal, like putting substances in your body.



It is personal, as long as you are driving on personal private property.  Once you drive on public property the public has an interest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: DieCommie]
    #15037699 -

Agreed. I don't wanna be killed by someone flying out of their windscreen at 70mph.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15037784 -

Mad_Larkin said:
Agreed. I don't wanna be killed by someone flying out of their windscreen at 70mph.



Straightforward logic then tells me that you then prefer to be killed by the windscreen hitting you at 70mph.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: koraks]
    #15037792 -

Nah, I'm good. :loldongs:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15037796 -

i have a friend who was in a carcrash early this year.

he was drunk as fuck, going 90 on a backwoods country road.


at some point he lost control of his car and swerved off the road.


his car flipped 5 times and he was thrown thrown the front windshield.


the car was completely fucked in the end.


he survived this crash tho. but here's the kicker. the only reason he survived was because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown through the windshield.

if he had been wearing his seatbelt, he would have been crushed and overall fucking dead.



moral of the story?


don't drink and drive.

don't speed at night in the middle of nowhere.

a seatbelt is NOT a gurantee of saftey.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15037800 -

not really, its uncomfortable.

life is uncomfortable.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #15037807 -

When I was younger and depressed and hateful, I'd purposely leave it off, hoping someone would hit me.  I've since grown out of that.

But my lack of wearing a seatbelt for that period of time made it into a habit, so I often forgot to wear it.

That is until I got a 300$ ticket.  Since that day, I have not driven without a seatbelt, or allowed anyone in my car without a seatbelt.

MisterMuscaria said:
I always wear one but i dont force other people to.



If you get stopped and your passenger isn't wearing a seatbelt, you get the ticket, and you get the points on your license, and you get the insurance rate hike.  No one rides in my car without a seatbelt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: BothHands]
    #15037819 -

BothHands said:
If you get stopped and your passenger isn't wearing a seatbelt, you get the ticket, and you get the points on your license, and you get the insurance rate hike.  No one rides in my car without a seatbelt.



Perhaps.

In Florida, any minor in your vehicle you are responsible for.  Anyone with a driver's license that refuses to wear their seatbelt will be ticketed, not the driver.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #15037823 -

The Ecstatic said:
not really, its uncomfortable.

life is uncomfortable.



Only if you don't have :happyweed:

Edited by Mad_Larkin (09/06/11 12:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #15037825 -

The Ecstatic said:
BothHands said:
If you get stopped and your passenger isn't wearing a seatbelt, you get the ticket, and you get the points on your license, and you get the insurance rate hike.  No one rides in my car without a seatbelt.



Perhaps.

In Florida, any minor in your vehicle you are responsible for.  Anyone with a driver's license that refuses to wear their seatbelt will be ticketed, not the driver.



Hmm, that's only if you ask them and they refuse, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15037827 -

Mad_Larkin said:
The Ecstatic said:
not really, its uncomfortable.

life is uncomfortable.



Only if you don't have :happyweed:



I always drive high, and I drive a cop car.  My seatbelts are uncomfortable as fuck.

I pull it across my chest when I see a cop, or when I'm drunk as fuck.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: BothHands]
    #15037834 -

BothHands said:
The Ecstatic said:
BothHands said:
If you get stopped and your passenger isn't wearing a seatbelt, you get the ticket, and you get the points on your license, and you get the insurance rate hike.  No one rides in my car without a seatbelt.



Perhaps.

In Florida, any minor in your vehicle you are responsible for.  Anyone with a driver's license that refuses to wear their seatbelt will be ticketed, not the driver.



Hmm, that's only if you ask them and they refuse, right?



The way I understand it, the driver isn't responsible for the actions of any other persons with a driver's license when it comes to seatbelts.  I doubt the officer would say "Ok, I'm going to ticket the passenger for not wearing a seatbelt, but only if you asked him/her already."


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you wear seatbelts?
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 3,607 35 06/17/05 01:37 PM
by buckwheat
* Do You Wear Seat Belts?
( 1 2 3 all )
DiploidM 2,889 44 02/25/07 02:32 PM
by Ripple
* How many of you guys have been brave enough to wear...
( 1 2 3 all )
MyInnerChild 3,731 42 09/04/07 11:45 PM
by MyInnerChild
* wearing fur?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,075 36 09/07/04 05:27 PM
by d33p
* how much is a seatbelt ticket in NJ? AJ4U 2,374 19 06/16/09 09:28 PM
by AJ4U
* 100$ ticket for no seatbelt has just turned into 500$ and soon a warrant for my arrest!!!!! advice kintos 944 10 01/03/10 08:12 PM
by Deekay
* Fellow Americans - Police Road Blocks - Mandatory Searches?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Silven 11,641 80 11/25/04 08:05 PM
by Prisoner#1
* bill introduced to end mandatory minimum sentences in all drug cases CosmicFunGuy 399 0 03/20/09 10:46 PM
by CosmicFunGuy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,907 topic views. 4 members, 14 guests and 98 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.