Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15036985 -

I've personally seen someone fly over 20 feet out of the front window. They went to my highschool too. One of them died and the other broke their back and a few other bones and had lots of road rash but they aren't paralyzed lucky for them and they recovered by the time highschool was over for me.

Anyone who says it should be a personal choice should just play Russian roulette. It's the same thing, shit happens.

It's gonna be a sad day for your parents though when the police have to explain you died because you didn't wear a seat belt.

Not saying it happens often but its completely preventable.... whats a little discomfort compared to losing your life or breaking tons of bones?

I'm sorry but if you don't wear a seatbelt you are REALLY fucking stupid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: BaSSidio Head]
    #15036987 -

BaSSidio Head said:
Psybe said:
The choice should be personal, like putting substances in your body.



I see what you are saying but it is just fucking stupid. Even if you got in a wreck and you were the only one that died because you didn't wear a seatbelt, you just put that strain and grief on your family and friends because you were selfish enough to take a stupid, unbeneficial risk.



I agree and feel what you're saying, but you could say the same thing about a drug overdose. Is that going to stop you from dosing?


--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.


My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15037004 -

Psybe said:
BaSSidio Head said:
Psybe said:
The choice should be personal, like putting substances in your body.



I see what you are saying but it is just fucking stupid. Even if you got in a wreck and you were the only one that died because you didn't wear a seatbelt, you just put that strain and grief on your family and friends because you were selfish enough to take a stupid, unbeneficial risk.



I agree and feel what you're saying, but you could say the same thing about a drug overdose. Is that going to stop you from dosing?



I am pretty sure you control how much you dose and what you are putting in your body. You cannot control other people's driving. So why put your life in a stranger's hands when you could take 2seconds to buckle your seatbelt?


--------------------

What's from the earth is of the greatest worth.:potleaf: :mushdance:
So before u knock it, try it first and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15037005 -

Yeah but you have control on how much you dose. You don't have control on other drivers.

I mean really... the argument you are making relating to drugs is pathetic at best :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15037007 -

Btw, it's also interesting to see that not only the arguments are invariably the same, but also the fact that the seatbelt thing always turns into a heated debate with mud being thrown in all directions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15037011 -

Uzziel said:
Yeah but you have control on how much you dose. You don't have control on other drivers.

I mean really... the argument you are making relating to drugs is pathetic at best :lol:



Many people have died after taking what they thought was a safe amount...


--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.


My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: koraks]
    #15037014 -

koraks said:
Btw, it's also interesting to see that not only the arguments are invariably the same, but also the fact that the seatbelt thing always turns into a heated debate with mud being thrown in all directions.



Debate is fun.. and that's debatable


--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.


My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: koraks]
    #15037018 -

I'm just playing with logic here. To be honest, I could really give less of a shit someone wears one or not. Darwinism :tomatoface:

If ya gotta brain, use it or lose it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15037025 -

Uzziel said:
If ya gotta brain, use it or lose it expel it through the windscreen



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: koraks]
    #15037043 -

:lmafo:

koraks said:
Uzziel said:
If ya gotta brain, use it or lose it expel it through the windscreen






--------------------

What's from the earth is of the greatest worth.:potleaf: :mushdance:
So before u knock it, try it first and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15037046 -

Uzziel said:
I've personally seen someone fly over 20 feet out of the front window. They went to my highschool too. One of them died and the other broke their back and a few other bones and had lots of road rash but they aren't paralyzed lucky for them and they recovered by the time highschool was over for me.

Anyone who says it should be a personal choice should just play Russian roulette. It's the same thing, shit happens.

It's gonna be a sad day for your parents though when the police have to explain you died because you didn't wear a seat belt.

Not saying it happens often but its completely preventable.... whats a little discomfort compared to losing your life or breaking tons of bones?

I'm sorry but if you don't wear a seatbelt you are REALLY fucking stupid




Truth. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: indica]
    #15037052 -

Wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you'll live a crash. You guys are making it sound like it's a miracle invention.

If you are in a high impact/inertia crash, you still have a good chance of dying, seatbelt or not.

I agree though, a seatbelt saved my dad's life, and that's great. ranted, But pleanty of people who choose to wear them have still died wearing them.


--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.


My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15037057 -

it's a $500 fine here (GA) for not wearing seat belts, around town I dont
because the cops here in Podunk dont give a shit about little stuff, the
county will rape you over the seat belt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15037105 -

Uzziel said:
I've personally seen someone fly over 20 feet out of the front window.

It's gonna be a sad day for your parents though when the police have to explain you died because you didn't wear a seat belt.





and what about the people that die while wearing the seatbelt, I lost a good
friend to a seatbelt, he'd fallen asleep at the wheel, ran off the road and
hit a tree, car caught fire and his seatbelt was stuck in a postition he
couldnt reach it, the seat slammed forward and he couldt get his hand behind
the seat to release it and he didnt carry a knife. he burned alive.

while the NHTSA claims seat belts save lives there's evidence that those
seatbelts also promote bad driving habits which negates the use, since a
far lower number of traffic fatalities involve roll overs and with the
increase in the use of and numbers of airbags in vehicles it skews the
reported results, between airbags and restraints there should be almost no
traffic fatalities and yet we still have 40,000 per year. in lower speed
collisions there's more serious injury as a result of the seatbelts and
airbags... in fact there's a survey that shows fatalities involving
seatbelts have risen because of the bad driving habits while those not
wearing seatbelts are reduced

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Government-Survey-Reveals--by-Martin-Hill-080608-450.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15037183 -

Well pris, I checked out your article. First off, it is just an article writtien by Martin Hill, a self described "Catholic paleo-libertarian from California" with no credentials. He cites many studies conducted by the US gov't, but every single link is dead.

Still, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Here is his core stat:

Quote:
there has been over a 10% DECREASE in traffic deaths among those who were not wearing their seatbelts. Whereas, among those who were wearing their seatbelts in compliance with ''the law'', deaths have RISEN.

Restrained (wearing seat belt)

2002 deaths: 12,719
2006 deaths: 12,874

Unrestrained (not wearing seat belt)

2002 deaths: 18,269
2006 deaths: 16,037


I wonder why he doesn't mentioned that, despite the 10% decrease in fatalities in those no wearing seat belts, the overall total is still much higher than fatalities in those wearing seat belts. And the increase in deaths for those restrained? It's only an increase of a couple hundred, very easily explained by normal fluctuations over the years, not a statistically significant number though.

Are seat belts perfect? No, I doubt many people will make the claim that seat belts save lives 100% of the time, and yes, sometimes they will directly be attribute to injuries sustained. But, there is no debate that seat belts save many more lives than they destroy.

I don't think it should be required by law, that's just a money grab in tickets given, but I do think that any rational human should wear it regardless, understand the benefits gained over an possible negative.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #15037192 -

In my new car you have to wear your seatbelt, other wise it will go DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!! untill you would rather just not drive


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Herbologist]
    #15037214 -

My mother's car does that, so I usually wear the seatbelt if I'm driving it.

Otherwise, I don't.

I only used to wear my seatbelt if I was doing illegal thangs.

But I usually don't, and I don't drive like an asshole, so I'm not really worried about being pulled over.

There's a $100 fine for not wearing one around here, but I've been stopped before and never once was I issued a ticket.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #15037255 -

shivas.wisdom said:
Here is his core stat:

Quote:
there has been over a 10% DECREASE in traffic deaths among those who were not wearing their seatbelts.Whereas, among those who were wearing their seatbelts in compliance with ''the law'', deaths have RISEN.





Which is probably not even statistically significant change, but alright, let's continue.
Quote:
Quote:


Restrained (wearing seat belt)

2002 deaths: 12,719
2006 deaths: 12,874

Unrestrained (not wearing seat belt)

2002 deaths: 18,269
2006 deaths: 16,037





Could the decrease in unrestrained deaths perhaps (maybe, possibly, going out on a limb here) be explained from a decline in people moronic enough to not wear a fucking seat belt when it's really no trouble at all? I mean, according to Darwin, they'll go extinct anyway :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15037257 -

I wear my seat belt 100% of the time. I feel naked driving without it on.

I don't trust other drivers enough to not wear one...I want to live:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you wear your seatbelt? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15037273 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Uzziel said:
I've personally seen someone fly over 20 feet out of the front window.

It's gonna be a sad day for your parents though when the police have to explain you died because you didn't wear a seat belt.





and what about the people that die while wearing the seatbelt, I lost a good
friend to a seatbelt, he'd fallen asleep at the wheel, ran off the road and
hit a tree, car caught fire and his seatbelt was stuck in a postition he
couldnt reach it, the seat slammed forward and he couldt get his hand behind
the seat to release it and he didnt carry a knife. he burned alive.

while the NHTSA claims seat belts save lives there's evidence that those
seatbelts also promote bad driving habits which negates the use, since a
far lower number of traffic fatalities involve roll overs and with the
increase in the use of and numbers of airbags in vehicles it skews the
reported results, between airbags and restraints there should be almost no
traffic fatalities and yet we still have 40,000 per year. in lower speed
collisions there's more serious injury as a result of the seatbelts and
airbags... in fact there's a survey that shows fatalities involving
seatbelts have risen because of the bad driving habits while those not
wearing seatbelts are reduced

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Government-Survey-Reveals--by-Martin-Hill-080608-450.html



I honestly don't know what to tell you or how to even solve the problem. I've seen first hand two people fly out of a front window going at 50 mph.. I feel a lot more safe with a seatbelt on. I do realize there are serious injuries due to the safety measures though.

I'll take my chances...

:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you wear seatbelts?
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 3,607 35 06/17/05 01:37 PM
by buckwheat
* Do You Wear Seat Belts?
( 1 2 3 all )
DiploidM 2,889 44 02/25/07 02:32 PM
by Ripple
* How many of you guys have been brave enough to wear...
( 1 2 3 all )
MyInnerChild 3,731 42 09/04/07 11:45 PM
by MyInnerChild
* wearing fur?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,075 36 09/07/04 05:27 PM
by d33p
* how much is a seatbelt ticket in NJ? AJ4U 2,374 19 06/16/09 09:28 PM
by AJ4U
* 100$ ticket for no seatbelt has just turned into 500$ and soon a warrant for my arrest!!!!! advice kintos 944 10 01/03/10 08:12 PM
by Deekay
* Fellow Americans - Police Road Blocks - Mandatory Searches?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Silven 11,641 80 11/25/04 08:05 PM
by Prisoner#1
* bill introduced to end mandatory minimum sentences in all drug cases CosmicFunGuy 399 0 03/20/09 10:46 PM
by CosmicFunGuy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,907 topic views. 0 members, 28 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.