Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion!
    #1499455 - 04/27/03 11:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Before you dismsis this post halfway through as being non-spiritual or philosophical, please to the end. You will then (hopefully) see the nature of this post fits perfectly in this forum.

About 2 years ago, I noticed a rigidity movement in both the joints of my hands, and the joints of my feet. Everytime I moved them up or down, They will feel stiff and ridigity. In the past 5 months or so, they have gotten a lot worse, and the "tremors" have now moved throughout every part of my body. From my eyelids, to lips, to trunk of my body, to feet - I notice tremors. They come in attacks, and anxiety worsens them.

Anyway, this illness has taken me from General Doctors, to neurologists, to physical therapists. I've gotten treatments from suggestions to getting EMGs and MRI, which was immediately denied by my insurance.....to anti-depressants and massages.

Yes, I was even given anti-depressants.

Anyway, I had a very, very spiritual experience while in the doctors office that lasted me throughout the whole day.

I was prescribed anti-depressants, and an anti-convulsant medication to stop the tremors. I dislike medication itself, as it tends to hide the symptoms, instead of treating the cause of the problem.

I asked the neurologist "I really dislike taking medication, I dont truly believe in its effectiveness. I believe my body sends me these messages for a reason - so I can stop the cause of whatever is upsetting my body. By supressing the symptoms - we are learning nothing of my condition, and certainly not stopping the cause. In fact, I believe supressing the symptoms might cause the illness to progress faster since my body really wants to show me whats wrong"

The response I got put me in a state of presence that I had not experienced in a long time. "Dana, even if you have something like Multiple Sclerosis, there is no cure. The only thing we can do is treat it like we are treating you now. Medication is the only answer"

My thought that followed was truthful, simple, and clear... "Then why am I here?"

The revelation that I had was a profound one. Why are we so tempted to go to doctors, and trust the medical profession in situations like these? So quick to hide the symptoms - the very symptoms that just might bring us closer to reality by waking us up to change, and unpleasantness.

The medical establishment is a business. They sell us happiness. Their form of happiness is a false sense of security, which lies in our health. They sell us medications and therapies that hide the symptoms of illness.

But, think for a second if we could all see past the illusion of pain. If we were all unattached to our bodies. This does not mean the end of taking care of your body. The body will always be your temple as long as you live within it.

What good would the medical establishment be if we relied on healing ourselves - which in reality is the only true form of healing.

I believe the whole medical scenario is a scam. Soon they will be selling us immortality - but then who will be the fool? To be trapped in ones own body, means an enternity without liberation from the body.

Illness, no matter how horrible or bad - is natural. It happens on its own accord, and ceasing to stop it unnaturally is a desire of the ego. Where will humans stop?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion! [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1499562 - 04/28/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Medication is the only answer

that's some good stuff man. It must be exasperating being a doctor. They really don't seem to be capable of much. I know so many people they just can't diagnose or treat.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1499589 - 04/28/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No disease is incurable. Not aids, not cancer. And to be honest - the cure itself has been with you ALL along.

The cure is acceptence and surrender to the symptoms of the illness, not treatment with medication.

This doesnt mean to stop your body from healing itself - but to surrender to your present state and accept what is.

Doctors would not make their big bucks if the majority of people learned this. If people stopped associating with the ego and werent afraid of illness, then there would be no medical establishment in the sense we know it today.

Anti-depressants have to be one of the worst things to hit humanity in a long time, just thought Id throw that in there.

Medication only hides the truth. Medication just lies to your mind and body by trying to cover up true feeling.

Let me ask everyone this....Does a true healer use manipulation and deception to heal? If your answer was no, then why do you continue to go to doctors? Their medication is deception for your body in a pill.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion! [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1499626 - 04/28/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've only been to a doctor once in my life. They get paid by prescribing drugs to patients, and they often do this just to get money, not to make someone healthy.

My mom takes tons of medication and I don't see any real differance in her. She is deep down pissed off at life cuz she isn't living the life she wants, but she does nothing to set her life in that direction. She doesn't know herself, I think that is the core of her problem. The cure to her prblem is within herself imo.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion! [Re: Murex]
    #1499709 - 04/28/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

that's something i've been rolling around in my head for a while, but could never really put my finger on exactly what i was thinking. Thanks, you did it for me.

Got a question though, are you still taking any medication for it?

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion! [Re: thestringphish]
    #1499716 - 04/28/03 01:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

are you still taking any medication for it?

Nope. I really don't think I ever did. I might have had 1 pill.  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Am I taking the right path - Give me your opinion! [Re: Murex]
    #1499857 - 04/28/03 02:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"What good would the medical establishment be if we relied on healing ourselves - which in reality is the only true form of healing."

you cant self-heal everything. you can take preventitive measures to avoid sickness, but you cant self heal alot of things, examples:

-bullet wounds

-fractured hips

-anuryzms

etc. now, im all for self-healing, I myself dont take medication, and I think that western medicine focuses too much on making people "feel" better, than actually helping them be healthier. but come on dude.....

I believe the whole medical scenario is a scam.

thats just too extreme, there are lots of positive aspects to modern medicine. like....emergency medicine. you cant heal yourself if a metal rod goes through your stomach, either go to a hospital or die.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom