Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: the stinkbug moon
mycelium isn't green is it?
    #1490733 - 04/24/03 08:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So a foaf cased for the first time a month or so ago and before the first flush even came in it got contaminated, so how are you supposed to keep a casing contam free if you have to fan it? When is a casing most succeptible to contams? My guess is when your breaking up the cakes...Also I was thinking maybe my water was what let the green in...Do you guys use bottled water or some other special water I was thinking of using a VERY dilute solution of bleach & water to help kill any contams what do you guys think a foaf's next attempt is coming up soon and he doesn't want any contams...Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium isn't green is it? [Re: dizzymystic]
    #1490843 - 04/24/03 09:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here's how you kick trichoderma (the green stuff) in the ass:
Before you case, with whatever the stuff you're using is, make a solution of some hydrated lime (pickling lime at the grocery store - careful, it'll fuck you up! Use gloves and a dust mask) and get some pH test strips from the wal-mart pool section and wet the casing mix a little - then SLOWLY add a little of the solution at a time until its around ph 9. Mix, mix, case. That'll help - it'll slow down colonization a touch, but it'll sure beat the shit outta trichoderma - and it's also a good way to buffer the pH as you go with your flushes, but you'll probably learn about that later :tongue:

I need to learn to spell.... :grin:

“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”

-Charlie Kelly

Edited by Jon_Doe (04/24/03 09:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation