Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemud420
trippin alone 2nd time
    #1488590 - 04/24/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

heyhey i tripped last friday for my first time i had an OK time..there was some difficult parts but overall it was a gooood experience. Do you think it'd be wise to trip in my house alone this weekend? Everyone says trippin alone is just great an all that so id like to give it a try..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: trippin alone 2nd time [Re: mud420]
    #1488633 - 04/24/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You need to be 100% confident about doing this, because things can happen that throw you off. I've tripped solo numerous times, but on one solo trip I started wigging out (was on acid, not shrooms) for no reason. I was lying on my deck chair and had started listening to Godspeed You Black Emperor, and the start of the album has a very moving crescendo and suddenly out of the blue I felt like I was being overwhelmed and pushed down by some unknown force. It scared the crap out of me, and I turned the music off and went inside and had to calm myself. I had already listened to a few albums and it was going really well. I got myself sorted though, and the rest of the trip was great.
Not trying to scare you, but you need to be aware that trips can turn wrong without any hint of danger or warning. It may be best to get a bit more experience so you'll be able to cope with anything that might happen on a solo trip.
If you do decide to go ahead, just have a back up plan in case you start freaking out (like a friend you can call who might be able to come over), and remember that you will come down all in good time. Deep breathing can help as well, as well as changing the scenary, change the music, get a glass of water or take a piss. Those are all just little things that can help steer a bad trip back into safe waters, but I'm not sure how effective it will be in a full blown bad trip.

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: trippin alone 2nd time [Re: Sheepish]
    #1488658 - 04/24/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

true true very true , you should listen to Sheepishs' words of widsdom mud.

Because one time I thought I was going to trip alone at home off of 1.5g's but my parents ended up coming!!! Which was just disasterous, so be careful with what you choose to do.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: trippin alone 2nd time [Re: cube421]
    #1488671 - 04/24/03 07:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Whoops, I forgot to ask if your parents will be at home while you're tripping.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: trippin alone 2nd time [Re: Sheepish]
    #1488809 - 04/24/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've tripped more solo than I ever did with people. The reason most people tell you to have a guide with you is for moments when your detachment might be too much or too fast for you to handle. You need someone else there to help ground you back into "reality." As well as just help reassure you that no matter how tripped out your mind is at that moment, just hearing another person say "you're fine" is very reassuring when you're new to tripping.

I've never had a bad trip...but I have had some very intense moments of panic/anxiety (the worst was a panic attack after smoking some really incredible weed)...but just remember...when you're tripping, your mind's normal way of relating and interpreting sensory perceptions are changing. Don't feel like you're "a wuss" if you choose to have a guide/sitter with you.

If you choose to trip solo, it's definitely a good idea since it's only your second time to at least let someone close to you know that you'll be tripping. I say this because if you end up getting into a state of mind that you can't handle or bring yourself out of...it'll most likely be too late for you to call for help and you'll have to endure the trip on your own til it's over.

Granted...the one thing that you should remember if you get into a mental state that is uncomfortable or frightening...just remind yourself that you can't OD on shrooms (well you can but you'd need to eat TONS of them)...and that as intense the experience might be...it will eventually go away.

If it's only your second trip...I'd recommend you not trip solo only because trips are not like other drugs where the experience is consistent every time. Every time you trip you can and usually do encounter new experiences or mental states that you might not have encountered before; even on the same batch of whatever psychedelic you're dosing.

I prefered LSD alone to shrooms alone...I liked shrooms more for social settings...but that's just a personal preference. Trip with at least one guide/friend for a few more trips until you can become comfortable in altered mental states. If you can handle ego loss and sensory detachment...solo tripping will be a "piece of cake" for you...but you don't have to trip solo to prove to yourself, or anyone else, that you're "brave." Never let something like that be a motivation to any type of experience. Take things at your own pace. You said you had some intense moments on your first trip...that is sign enough that you might be overwhelmed during a solo trip.

Hope my advice helps.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinemud420
Re: trippin alone 2nd time [Re: Boppity604]
    #1489151 - 04/24/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ty for the advice..my parents mite be around, i usually wake up earlier than everyone around 9 then everyone else is up at 11 and dont bother me in my room till sometimes 1 or 2 i was thinkin if the home thing didnt work out i could just go outside on my own ( i know a place to just chill and listen to music or w/e) id only be havin a 1-1.5g's taht were left over..but i mite just wait till i have more experience now

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom