Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSketchy105
Curious Newcomer

Loc: United Sates of America
Evaluate My Plans for First Tripping Experience:
    #2400203 - 03/03/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It's good to be apart of the shroomery community, thank you for being knowledgable people -- I just love you all. This month I will be trying shrooms, after much research and hundreds of trip reports I have decided that this is something I want to do to expand my horizons, so to speak.. March 26th is the date I have set it at, and I need some of you guys to evaluate my plans so I don't step into any junk or create a bad trip.

Friends: I am shrooming with two friends of mine. It is hard to describe our relationships -- I wouldn't say we don't trust each other, but our tastes vary so much. I am afraid that they will want to listen to Panterra while we shroom; from what I understand, grops like Shpongle are closer to the ticket. Music like this scares me, and it seems like the guys I will be shrooming with would say 'Don't be such a pussy." Well, this bothers me a bit, though assuption has come into play in the last scenario. One of my friends has never done it before and refuses to learn about it. He seems to be under the impression that knowing nothing about it will make it better. The other friend has done them before and has told me not to learn about it... as he too said that not knowing anything about it will make the experience better. I totally disagree, though I do not have the experience TO disagree -- only what you great folks have told me.

Location: I will be camping at a statepark overnight in a large tent. I would like to ask you guys when the best time of day would be to do this -- day or night. I am also not sure if it is alrght to go outside and walk arond. Are you sane enough while doing shrooms that you can understand things going on around you? Can you make any logical decisions if needed? And, are sunglasses reccommended?

Like I said, March 26th will be the day I do it, and here in the southern states it gets pretty warm pretty quick. I am hoping the weather will be gracious to our journey, though I am a little worried about the two guys I am going to shroom with. I don't feel like they want to have the same involvement as myself.

--------------------
I ain't happy, I'm feelin glad
I got sunshine, in a bag...
I'm useless but not for long
The future is comin on

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Evaluate My Plans for First Tripping Experience: [Re: Sketchy105]
    #2400276 - 03/03/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

How much do you plan on eating? If I were you, I would bring a walkman with my own selection of CDs, so that you can go out on your own and explore. I would definitely feel very uncomfortable listening to Pantera. Even Sphongle was a little overwhelming for my first trip (25 wet grams).

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2400346 - 03/03/04 10:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think it's a good idea if you are worrying about those 2 guys. Shrooms are all about your mindset and setting you are in , if you are in a setting with 2 guys you arent very sure if you want to trip with them or not that is NOT a good idea, might send you into a bad trip with worry on your mind.

--------------------

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: Gorian]
    #2400365 - 03/03/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 12:54 PM)

OfflineSketchy105
Curious Newcomer

Loc: United Sates of America
Re: Evaluate My Plans for First Tripping Experience: [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #2400524 - 03/03/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I sure hate to think that I do not trust these guys -- but in the area of shrooms, I'm not so sure these are the people I would want to be around. In fact, I don't think there is ANYONe I could find that I would feel comfortable with doing these shrooms; I do know that tripping alone is not a good idea. I would especially feel weird camping alone and shrooming. Imagine that! Well, I appreciate what you guys are telling me, it's all great stuff.

Are there levels to the tripping experience? times where you want to talk, and other times when you don't? I always feel like I'm wasting being high on weed when I sit and watch a movie... is it not the same way with shrooms? You don't mind beinlonesome in a small group?

--------------------
I ain't happy, I'm feelin glad
I got sunshine, in a bag...
I'm useless but not for long
The future is comin on

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #2400692 - 03/04/04 12:28 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well you have 24 days to get to know them better, why not learn some stuff about them, and when d-day comes around you can decide

as for music, i think if i listened to pantera on shrooms i would shat my self figuretivly speaking of course.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2401353 - 03/04/04 05:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, welcome to the Shroomery!

I think its great you research and not just gobble it down. You are definately right about educating yourself. When you know nothing about mushrooms and imbide you are at substantial risk of shitting yourself with terror. Now this is no biggie, but uneducated newbies when facing unexpected terror of cataclysmic dimensions may call 911 because of their fear and at best get a $100s ambulance bill or at worst they get busted and a criminal record which will d-stroy their life.

Do mushrooms carry substantial risks? They do. But there is no doubt that the major long-term disruptive risk is the LEGAL one: do -not- get busted because when things get wrong mushrooms tend to fuck you up with fright, but the law will fuck you over with a criminal record
if you happen to run into a cop with a foul mood.

WHEN ON MUSHROOMS ---ANYTHING--- CAN HAPPEN  :shocked:
if this thought scares you, its maybe not a good idea to trip just yet, or at all. Read the FAQs here at the Shroomery: It seems like you haven't done that in-depth.
If you don't read the FAQs, don't dumpster-dive the forums for info you need and don't listen to the advice we offer us hippies will  take you to the Shroomery backyard and smack the shit out of you with those lightweight wooden coathangers you saw on your way in. If you don't believe that you haven't used "Search" too :lol:

Ask yourself: Do you REALLY want to ingest that mushroom?

About your prime post... Lemme sum things up:

***This month I will be trying shrooms, after much research and hundreds of trip reports I have decided that this is something I want to do to expand my horizons, so to speak..***

***One of my friends has never done it before and refuses to learn about it. He seems to be under the impression that knowing nothing about it will make it better. ***
***The other friend has done them before and has told me not to learn about it... as he too said that not knowing anything about it will make the experience better.***

***wouldn't say we don't trust each other, but our tastes vary so much. I am afraid that they will want to listen to Panterra while we shroom (...)Music like this scares me, and it seems like the guys I will be shrooming with would say 'Don't be such a pussy." Well, this bothers me a bit, though assuption has come into play in the last scenario.***

Well.. I'm going to run by it as i see it, being highly subjective.

1...You seem to say you want to engage in the mushroom experience for serious business (perhaps even personal growth) and have done a thorough risk assessment.

2...Your fellow virgin has no experience and wants no knowledge beforehand. Now this is a choice and I got to respect that, bit if word on the street has it shrooms and LSD will make you  :nut: :nut: :nut: in a bad way and he rather not know the truth it seems a very ill choice on his behalf to not here the pros and cons. For instance the very knowledge that one can fry in horror in a bad trip without any negative after effects is *liberating* because the thought: "OH GOD ALLAH JESUS KRISHNA JOSEPH SMITH!!" is far less mindfucking then: "OH GOD ALLAH JESUS KRISHNA JOSEPH SMITH I AM GOING TO DIEEE!!" While knowledge may not help you avoid fear, you will likely know it is JUST FEAR and not POISONING/INSANITY.

3...Your vet friend said its best not to learn about it. This I cannot judge. He might be very ill-informed himself or he might be in the know and have your # that you're the kind that easily freaks if hearing negative things.

The task well before the 26th for you is to check out how things are in your possible tripgroup. Will your vet friend catch you if you fall or just let you splat? Will your friends insist on Panthera even if you don't like to or can you mutually agree on something. And most importantly: ARE THESE THE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO GET VULNERABLE WITH ?!
They could be top notch friends in sober life (I cant know, only got your impression to work with) but that says nothing about their quality as Psychedelic Companions.

If they insist on going against your will you either are too eager to agree or they are too damn stubborn. Not quite right either way.

Will your vet friend (be able to) push aside his trip and give all he has to help you if you should get in trouble? If not, it is a very ill signal, at least to me. If he won't be able to get off his cloud he either took too much, is overwhelmed himself, confident you CAN do it yourself or cares too little.

Should shit hit the fan, could you bring up embarassing topics or  look the fool without being laughed at or even haunted by it for weeks to come. (hahahah! he cried like a baby and yelled mom, mom! :shake:) If this will likely be the case DO NOT TRIP.

A bad trip by itself is horrible.

A bad trip with your friends by your sides helping you in-depth or comforting you by singing kumbaya with you  :thumbup: while the fear tornado rages may turn a bad trip, even if laden with fear, into an overpoweringly positive thing that brings you closer together. "cool" friends won't sing kumbaya with you if you really need that because they think its stupid/embarassing.. Nuff said?

A bad trip with your friends sitting inert (either by being too high, fear of making it worse or --not caring--) is absolutely worse then a bad trip and may scatter your friendship afterwards.

But a bad trip with your friends giving you -negative attention- (making fun of you or even trying to get you deeper in the shit) is the most dangerous of combinations. Yes: dangerous. A psychedelic mushroom will not physically poison you but -under the Influence you may poison your own mind with wrpong thoughts- now a 1.000 to one this will be temporarily hellish, say some hours to a few days at most. Your mind is all about balance: even most mentally ill people have a good balance in certain things because its ONE MIND. But if "friends" are deliberately fucking with you when in trouble this isn't mindfucking but -psychological rape-. If it stays at that your friendship should shatter.. but you might have shattered too.

Most young people who are in dire mental problems are because other people forced horrible experiences on them.
(sexual/violent/neglectant/social abuse etc.) You should consider the fact that psychedelics were clandestinely researched as means of torture and brainwashing aids. This is not because shrooms or LSD are Hell but because they can be MADE HELL by negative attention.
YOur trip by itself will likely fall between Bliss or Abyss.. but your "friends" can turn it into mental torture for months to come.

Do the soulsearching and do the talking. They might be great friends or pass your friendship test, all fine & well. But is there the possibility of you guys goingt the distance to help a scared buddy out or are the three of you still stuck in the Cool stage?

I much rather see you lying on your bed or sitting in the sunny forest on 0.5 grams dry or 5gr fresh BY YOURSELF then on a higher dose in the presence of the wrong friends.

0.5/5gr is deemed a "hilariously low dose" according to most, but one that when combined with meditation brings this 250 lbs vet in Entity contact and immersed into visionary worlds, drinking from the Well of Being :wink: and with psychedelic  psychospiritual personal growth in the months inbetween I have yet to see with a lot of 1/8 oz (3gr/30gr) trippers. For most (and me) the mentioned 0,5gr dry/5gr fresh are not overwhelming and perhaps non-impressive, but tripping is 90% work + 10% dose and this combination can make even this low dose hit you like a ton of bricks :eek:

If you don't learn to get the most out of the least but DO 10% and DOSE 90% you might one particularly nasty day find out you've taken 10x too much, perhaps 10x too often, giving you 100x more trouble then responsibly adult behavior would've. A lot of folks can gobble even 1/4oz strong dried mushrooms and get away with it, but most simply CAN'T. And very few (likely less then 1 in 1.000 people) get in truckloads of trouble by just a single nibble for months or years on end.

For most tripping can be quite, quite harsh but is -very safe- when done responsibly while very few get in very, very big trouble, and the latter few constitute the "LSD = Insanity" bad rap psychedelics got on the streets and in gov't/church sponsored drug-fighting orgs.

For solo I'd say start with 0.5 gr dried = 5 gr fresh cubies and keep that up for a while with a boosting dose 1 1/2 hours into it if needed or double doses at most. (not more often then say 10x a year, which is pretty often as vets go)
If in a small group of friends of reasonable cohesion I'd say go for the universal standard. Throughout the psychedelic literature (not kittylitter-ature) you see a recommended dose of about 10-20mg of psilocybin. If you got reasonable quality cubensis mushrooms this amounts to 1.5 grams dry (about half an eighth) or 15gr fresh on average.
If you did not take too large or especially too frequent doses before and your sensitivity is average this can blow you away beyond your wildest newbie dreams :grin: but can usually be dealt with if you for some reason can't -or won't- "go with the flow".
1.5gr of quality cubies can blow you away, but aren't likely to blow you apart.

I would never recommend you take any drug not prescribed to you by your doctor (not even pot) but of the major drugs that are out there for most people mushrooms are a very fine choice if used wisely.

Do your homework inside and get talking with your friends to decide for -you- what would be best. In any case we all wish you a monster of a good time (spiritually or good-ole euphorically) and please report back about if and how it went and how it WAS !!

Wishing you all the best, welcome @ the shroomery and
dodge those yellow thingies! :smile2:

WICCAN_SEEKER

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience