Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed!
    #1478810 - 04/21/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone have any experience with this plant? I ordered 4 oz's of bark from bouncing bear and was wondering if anyone knew how to prepare it. If no one has, my theory is that I can take the bark, pour water over it and blend the f**k out of it, heat the slurry for about 10 minutes, strain the stuff, and boil the leftover again with less water, and then drink the water. I assume this would work since DMT is soluble in water. Anybody have any dosage suggestions or changes or other advice for my supposed preparation? And no, I don't have any syrian rue, because I believe it will be strong enough by itself. I was thinking roughly 12g's of bark per dose. Any comments will be appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: biglo]
    #1478864 - 04/21/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you need syrian rue or some sort of MAOI otherwise it WILL NOT BE ACTIVE orally. it doesn't matter how much you take it will all be broken down in your gut before it reaches your brain. sorry.

you can do an extraction (run a google search for QT's DMT extraction, or try http://dmt.lycaeum.org), which can be injected or smoked, or you can get yourself an MAOI like rue or b. caapi and try an oral ayahuasca preparation.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (04/21/03 11:42 AM)

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1479257 - 04/21/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well, that's all well and great, but as mentioned before, I don't have any syrian rue! I thought DMT was water soluble so it should be able to be extracted from the bark by boiling it. Since I have no syrian rue, I was wondering if it was still possible to get effects without it, because I heard syrian rue can make any psychedelic journey more intense because it is an MAOI. Would the boiling water extraction work, because I was under the impression from an erowid report that mimosa is quite potent by itself, with a recommended dosage of 8-10 grams. You seriously can't tell me that DMT has no effects by itself, however I understand if I do drink a concotion that I described making, perhaps the DMT won't be metabolized fast enough to cause any effects, like salvia. If this is true would it matter if I do an alcohol extraction as opposed to a water extraction? If there is a way to prepare the DMT without extracting it to a smoking form or to make it effective without rue? That would be ideal solution, if it is not too much of a pain.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #1479271 - 04/21/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you do a simple extraction for smoking purpouses you will end up with 6-8g of nasty ass goo to smoke, Which will take forever and make you sick and probably still have no effect, Just buy some peganum harmala from bouncing bear, it's cheap enough. Or You can find a friend with a prescription MAOi and add it to the ayahuasca brew.

--------------------

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: the spiral]
    #1479272 - 04/21/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Actually you raised a point Im curious about harry_manback, if it is broken down in the gut before it is activated, how does an MAOI work? I thought it did something to your brain chemistry so that you're more prone to the effects of psychedelia inducing substances. Would taking baking soda or other antacids work? Im a little bit confused about the point you're making, but I admit I have little knowledge of this, and am scouriung the net for more tidbits. Because if you do take mimosa bark with an MAOI it should still be broken down in the stomach the same way, or am I wrong again?

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #1479275 - 04/21/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, and add some lemon juice to the water prior to boiling, all of this is on erowid.

--------------------

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1479321 - 04/21/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mierda... I planned on taking the mimosa this weekend for my camping trip though, if I order syrian rue it won't be here in time, plus I really don't want to mess with MAOI's because they can f**k your day over if you do something wrong, I don't want to be responisble for my or a friend's death because they ate something wrong. Is there any way to activate DMT without doing a nasty extraction that doesn't work and takes days to do. I was reading on erowid under the jurema link that the natives would take the mimosa with alcohol. Would this work at all, or can I do an ethyl alcohol extraction? Im sorry if Im not all about the rue right now, but I don't want to play with fire, and I'd need it by friday. So any suggestions or comments?

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1479416 - 04/21/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I say get some MAOI plant from Bouncing Bear and I'll look up some extraction that I saw for Mimosa a week ago. I sugest doing a smoking thing but if not then enjoy the drink. Dont worry about an MAOI making the trip too strong, also keep in mind you need less DMT for smoking than an injection.

Sorry time is an issue but Mimosa will only be good w/ an MAOI or extraction...

p.s. dont try to come up w/ your own extractions anymore :tongue:

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: the spiral]
    #1480160 - 04/21/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

QT's Extraction is a bit outdated.  Click Here  for the best one on the net. My extraction log is on the bottom, I only wait 1hour each acidic water extract and get same yeilds as if I were to do it for a week. This is one reason QT's extraction is out dated.

Biglo: I bet you paid a lot for 4 ounces, I can get a bit more than that (100g) for only 16$, and 500g for only 80$. yer gettin ripped off son :tongue:

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1480183 - 04/21/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Whats up w/ the cheap prices?
He probably paid double that...and I was about to but now I'm waiting a sec :crazy:

Male

Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: DailyPot]
    #1480211 - 04/21/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No, he got it from a dude in Brazil.

>He probably paid double that

Nope sorry, most companies pay around what I just mentioned. How do you think they make their money?

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1480781 - 04/21/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I probably payed twice what you would have, I spent 35 on the bark, plus $5 for shipping from bouncing bear botanicals. I did get a free gram of salvia 5X as part of a promotion though, so it wasn't that bad of a deal, I could probably been ripped off worse by another unscrupulous dealer. As long as you're getting what you paid for, that's what its made for...

Male

#1480969 - 04/21/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Actually I'm pretty sure these spirit plants arent ment to be sold.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1482018 - 04/22/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

mmmmmm...
well, the  jurema cult in some parts of s.a. do use a brew made only with Mimosa hostilis (= tenuifolia) or other Mimosa species as the sole herbal ingredient, and ott has reprted success with similar brews, but...
it takes quite a bit more of the bark for a dose, satisfaction is not guarantedd, and the "trip" is different from an MAOi-catalyzed brew...
the MonoAmineOxidase Inhibits the MAO enzyme from doing its thing in the gut, in the bloodstream, in the brain...
i thought ott's _ayahuasca analogs_ book was fairly well written... altho there are other infosources out there: trout, shulgin, calloway, metzner, pendell, dekorne, etc... (some perhaps more readable &/or reliable than others :wink: ...)
there are a few prescription MAOi chems out there... altho the "best" one is no longer available in the good ol' ussa...
also, there are different types of MAOi activity: MAO-a & MAO-b & reversible & irreversible, etc... the activity of harmine & similar betacarbolines seem quite a bit safer than many of the scrip-meds, and reports of severe hypertensive (or hypotensive) crises are relatively rare (although not unheard of...)
as to "easily available" herbal MAOi plantstuff...
welll, single doses for "complete MAO enzyme inhibition" might run as follows:
150 to 300 mg "mixed pure harmala HCl salts" oral
2 to 8 grams syrian rue seeds (ground, brewed, extracted, yaddayadda...)
25 to 75 grams caapi vine (or leaves)
50 to 250 grams passionflower herb
of course, ymmv...
gosh, have you checked out archived discussions (utfse) here or at www.ayahuasca.com or not?
i thought not...
well???

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: gnrm23]
    #1482057 - 04/22/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"gosh, have you checked out archived discussions (utfse) here or at www.ayahuasca.com or not?
i thought not...
well??? "

No, I can't say I have, but I did do a lot of searching on erowid and dmt.lycaceum.org beforehand. The article on jurema on erowid and a trip report suggested that syrian rue wasn't necessary for a trip, that's why I didn't get any originally and was looking for ways to do without it, because I was stubborn, have an experimental nature, and didn't know all the facts. I would like to thank everyone that contributed to this post for giving me more knowledge about this plant and the correct way to use it. Finally, yes, sacred herbs shouldn't be sold for profit, but that's the reality of a capitalistic society.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1483150 - 04/22/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sacred herbs shouldn't be sold for profit

I'm going to have to disagree with that. How else could someone get them if they cannot be grown in their area?

"Sacred" herbs aren't sold. Plant matter is sold. It's up to the individual to impart the sacredness. Ayahuasca vine isn't inherently any more "sacred" than say, dandilion.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Male

Re: Mimosa hostilis bark; preperation information needed! [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1483832 - 04/22/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

touch?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1485348 - 04/23/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well, there seems to be a difference (to me, at least) between selling plant material (or other stuff, heh...) for an honest profit, and gouging...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag