Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Mimosa Hostilis - Grow Your Own?
    #1027235 - 11/06/02 08:58 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Is it feasible to grow Mimosa Hostilis? If anyone could direct me towards more information online or in print, I would be most grateful. Any personal experience in cultivating this plant outdoors or in, from seeds, seedlings, or cuttings would also be appreciated. I am particuarly interested in how/when the rootbark is harvested, how long the plant takes to mature, and what conditions it requires for optimal growth. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: Mimosa Hostilis - Grow Your Own? [Re: bowling-name]
    #1027950 - 11/06/02 02:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm growing some acacia and mimosa, just sprouted some mimosa dealbata, got some 45cm acacia retinodes outside.. to sprout acacia/mimosa seeds, put them in a strainer and por some boiling water on them. soak overnight and plant in small pot with regular potting soil ( not sure if they prefer acidic or basic soil..) I keep them unde fluos for about a month, then take them outside, do that slowly, an few hours of outside temp per day, and gradually leave then longer... I don't know how long you have to wait for harvesting the root bark, and I find it a bit heartbreaking to kill the plant for who you have cared for a few years... For entheogenic use, I would preferably grow species wich have DMT in leaves/stem/bark (not root bark)/ seeds... but those are my feelings :smile:

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Mimosa Hostilis - Grow Your Own? [Re: bowling-name]
    #1028581 - 11/06/02 04:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well its probably not feasible to grow your own hostillis for rootbark.......for one it would take several years to get anywhere large enough to get any worthwhile amount of rootbark.....second good luck finding viable seeds.....seems to be pretty hard to come by at this time.......other than that i think it would make a nice addition to any garden :grin: 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden