Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Anthony]
    #14767821 -

Anthony said:
smalltownkid096 said:
just wondering, say my parents asked for the full text dialogues, how far would they date back to? is there a limit?



they would basically have every single text you've ever even thought about sending :tinfoil:



:lolsy:

@OP, perhaps its time for you get your own cell phone?


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14767862 -

too much money man. why pay for my own when i can still ride free?

:super:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Anthony]
    #14767896 -

.

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #14767910 -

lets hope their policy hasnt changed! haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: smalltownkid096]
    #14767991 -

They should be able to get them.

And why not?  They are the rightful owner of the account, so I don't see it as a privacy issue.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: badchad]
    #14768005 -

badchad said:
They should be able to get them.

And why not?  They are the rightful owner of the account, so I don't see it as a privacy issue.



But not the rightful owner of the texts. Those records belong to the phone company, and they're only released by court order.


--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: smalltownkid096]
    #14768018 -

Don't text about drugs:kingtard:


--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #14768026 -

guywiththegun said:
But not the rightful owner of the texts. Those records belong to the phone company, and they're only released by court order.



That's an interesting angle.  Why does Verizon own the texts?  Sending data/texts over Verizon's network certainly doesn't give them ownership to it.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Heffy]
    #14768032 -

Heffy said:
Don't text about drugs:kingtard:



Exactly... come up with some sort of code words or something.

Example:

Instead of saying "Hey man you got some shrooms"

Say "Hey man I need some pizza toppings"

Instead of saying "Got any weed?"

Say "You seen Mary today man?"


--------------------
:mushdance:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: badchad]
    #14768143 -

badchad said:
guywiththegun said:
But not the rightful owner of the texts. Those records belong to the phone company, and they're only released by court order.



That's an interesting angle.  Why does Verizon own the texts?  Sending data/texts over Verizon's network certainly doesn't give them ownership to it.



If you signed a contract, it suuuuure does! Where would those text messages be stored if Verizon didn't own them? And we know they are stored for at least a while, because the police are able to file court orders and get copies of your text messages. I'm not sure why or how, but your phone company owns every text message you've ever sent. I'm still trying to find a reference, but this is the way it has always been told to me by law enforcement/attorneys.

You send the text, verizon owns that text, and if the "man" wants that text, verizon hands it over.


--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #14768300 -

.

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #14768376 -

Johnny Depp said:
Yeah, and on a tangent
I'll bet if Bush era authorities had their way any police officer would have instant access to all Verizon's records if they even had probable cause on a suspect 
At least with the time it takes to get verizon's records they might have been dumped/erased at that point anyway.  Funny how bureaucratic red tape works in your favor once in a while huh?
At least Verizon and the Gov't aren't jacking each other off TOO much. 
The sheeple would notice



wut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: smalltownkid096]
    #14768401 -

.

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #14768446 -

my parents are pretty strict. i dont think they would react too kindly if they knew what i do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14768500 -

tymoteusz3 said:
You shouldn't be using your cell phone to talk about drugs thru with out text messages.

:dumbass:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #14768555 -

guywiththegun said:
If you signed a contract, it suuuuure does! Where would those text messages be stored if Verizon didn't own them? And we know they are stored for at least a while, because the police are able to file court orders and get copies of your text messages. I'm not sure why or how, but your phone company owns every text message you've ever sent. I'm still trying to find a reference, but this is the way it has always been told to me by law enforcement/attorneys.

You send the text, verizon owns that text, and if the "man" wants that text, verizon hands it over.



Not that I'm doubting you, just thinking out loud.

I work for a company that does contract work.  We use Verizon.  We often email and/or send a variety of documents back and forth.  Sometimes I'll leave them in my inbox.

I can guaran-fuckin-tee that Verizon does not own that information.  So I wonder why texts are treated differently.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: badchad]
    #14768583 -

it sucks cause someone on the other end could read something you didnt want them to see or you could be held accountable if you phone line is tapped.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: badchad]
    #14768626 -

badchad said:
guywiththegun said:
If you signed a contract, it suuuuure does! Where would those text messages be stored if Verizon didn't own them? And we know they are stored for at least a while, because the police are able to file court orders and get copies of your text messages. I'm not sure why or how, but your phone company owns every text message you've ever sent. I'm still trying to find a reference, but this is the way it has always been told to me by law enforcement/attorneys.

You send the text, verizon owns that text, and if the "man" wants that text, verizon hands it over.



Not that I'm doubting you, just thinking out loud.

I work for a company that does contract work.  We use Verizon.  We often email and/or send a variety of documents back and forth.  Sometimes I'll leave them in my inbox.

I can guaran-fuckin-tee that Verizon does not own that information.  So I wonder why texts are treated differently.



There was a police station a while back that had Verizon phone plans. Without ever giving a written notification, they went from saying "your text messages are your property, just pay your overages" to "your text messages are now emails, and are thus department property." So this cop who has been texting these broads, not even anything illegal, suddenly has all these sexually explicit text messages he sent to these girls made public, and he's under investigation (rightfully) for using city funded phones to sext women in and out of the department.

He and two of the women sued for breach of privacy. They lost, appealed, it went to the supreme court, and the supreme court upheld the original ruling.

If anything, if you're on a work or family plan, your text messages are even LESS your property than they would be if you were on your own plan.

Your emails are sent in a different manner than text messages most of the time, and thus aren't subject to this. This is strictly SMS messages, email uses the 3G network or whatever-the-fuck they have now.

http://www.businessbrief.com/who-owns-text-messages-on-company-phones/


--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #14768911 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does verizon email parents the text messages? [Re: smalltownkid096]
    #14769832 -

smalltownkid096 said:
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Billing-and-Usage/Can-you-get-print-outs-of-text-messages/td-p/179536

I think im all set then?

:dancer:



dude did you really need 3 pages of people telling you that you're fine before you actually believe it??
I propose a :banhamster: for this underage kid.

Seriously quit being so fuckin paranoid. Maybe you should lay off the weed if it makes you think your parents are going to get a detailed report of your texts just so they can say "LOOK!!! BILLY TEXTED SOMEONE ASKING FOR A "DUB"" OMGGGG!!!! World is coming to a fuckin end!!!

chill out bro :chilldog:


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I only answer text messages with "call me dammit" despisedicon 1,898 12 06/30/06 09:24 AM
by Dfekt
* Strange text message from 1000000000 Jon 7,609 7 10/14/06 02:43 AM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* Text message security + safety... SDP 1,172 11 07/05/06 02:39 PM
by SDP
* do you leave voice messages after a call? InTheFlesh714 1,772 18 06/23/06 07:49 PM
by tallgreen
* WHY PARENTS DRINK RoadkillM 669 3 04/23/05 03:21 PM
by batou
* Any networking/PBX geeks? Verizon question BrAiN 1,120 15 10/25/07 03:47 PM
by BrAiN
* Verizon retards GreenScreen 989 8 02/03/07 02:35 AM
by eligal
* i need new email PurpleKush 841 6 05/24/06 03:20 PM
by THE KRAT BARON

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,841 topic views. 6 members, 297 guests and 124 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.