Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: B.C., Canada
caught by parents
    #1476079 - 04/20/03 11:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Last night my mom caught me smokin weed. She's kinda flipped her lid about that. I don't see that it's that big a deal really. I've already explained to her why I do it, and that I don't let it interfere with my life. Anyone else got any ideas on how to deal with this? Good thing she doesn't know about the shrooms and stuff. I think I might hold off on substances till I get moved out in a couple months. Anywho, thanks in advance for any advice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: caught by parents [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #1476494 - 04/20/03 03:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Slug,
bad news about that happening. Perhaps you could highlight some of the positive attributes of marijuana to your mother and inform her it's not so bad...
Here's a UK article (not very good) making a few good statements...
Pehaps you can copy and paste some parts, print it out and set in on her bed to read at night or something. My mum caught me smoking pot last year. It's not too bad... She took a week or two to calm down but now she 'accepts' it but doesn't 'encourage' or 'agree' with it. She'll pull through eventually.

Quote from the article:
To put things into perspective, U.S. Department of Health figures suggest that 100,000 people die each year from alcohol-related reasons, 450,000 from tobacco-related reasons, and less than 10,000 die each year from all illegal drugs. It is debatable whether anyone has ever died from cannabis-related reasons.

Don't let the situation get in the way of some good toking...

====* I Made My Avatar *====

Re: caught by parents [Re: Nirvana]
    #1480297 - 04/21/03 10:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you soooooo much.  That's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.  She said she wasn't mad, but really dissapointed and let down.  She said she'll never allow it in her house, no matter what info I give her.  So that just means I have to lay off the tokin for a couple months.  Which sucks....alot..... :frown:    Anywho, I'd still like her to accept the fact that I'm going to do it, and she said if I can provide her with enough info (articles, statistics, literature), she'll accept.  So, this is where I call on all you at the shroomery to help out a fellow toker.  I hope you can.  It would mean alot to me.

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1480320 - 04/21/03 10:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Give her material, perhaps from both sides, to show that you have done research, and that you're not doing it blindly. Nevertheless, accept her rule that you don't smoke it in the house. Parents can suck, sometimes, but as long as you're living in their house, you really should follow their rules as best as you can.

Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Re: caught by parents [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1480329 - 04/21/03 10:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

go to www.erowid.org, and look up marijuana.

there are links to medical journals and even a Canadian government report on it if i can remember this correctly.

#1480429 - 04/21/03 11:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That sucks, im only 16 and ive been sent through rehab cause my parents knew that i smoked...they didnt know how much, they just knew quite often. Next time i get busted i get sent to residential for 5-6 months...and im still stupid enough to smoke in my bedroom. But i dont smoke that much anymore atleast which is something positive i did...but im still pretty stupid for continuing to smoke in my house when my parents are home..I wish i only had a couple months until i was free from rule of my parents.

-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Loc: Abilene, TX
    #1480485 - 04/21/03 11:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ever read The Emperor Wears no Clothes by Jack Herer? Really good book, it was the first book I read when I was anti-drug that changed my mind. I think you can read the whole book online. The link is:

WARNING chronicshroom will rip you off! Don't trade with him! I sent him 20 spore syringes and he never sent me anything.

Loc: new zealand
Re: caught by parents [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #1481590 - 04/22/03 07:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I used to live with my dad who is the most hardcore anti-drug guy i've ever come across. I smoked everyday for three years while living with him and i got caught 3 times, everytime It happened, i had to increse my stealth. As an alcoholic, i found his reasons for putting down marijuana laughable. His threats frightened me, but i knew they were only threats, and while he knew i was a stoner kept it pretty hush hush. From what i've witnessed, getting thretened by your parents only makes you stealthy, rehab doesn't work because fuck all people who smoke weed have a problem with it. Rehab is where misguided parents send normal people to make you hate them, or make you depressed and frightended. Children with accepting parents usually don't smoke weed on a regular basis (at least those i've seen). If you care about your parents, stop smoking weed, as you will never be able to change their opinions unless you proove you are better off with weed than without it (nearly impossible). Alternativly, stop caring about your mothers opinions, she obviously doesn't care about yours, my dad thinks stoners are losers, and i think hes an hypocritical wanker. Another plan would be to devise a clever way to smoke weed without getting busted (clear eye drops, deoderant, smoke after shes gone to sleep...etc.) then announce to your mother that you have given up.

I think living in fear of getting busted at home is character building, It has encouraged me to do well at school despite my habit; to proove to myself that the old bastard is wrong. It has also encouraged me to keep my private life private, to understand what it's like to be discriminated against for no good reason, and to realise that in life there are some things that effect you that you cannot change, and must work around in order to survive.

Re: caught by parents [Re: Zildjian]
    #1482032 - 04/22/03 12:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Blow hits in her face when she is sleeping.

OfflineEllis Dee
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1483414 - 04/22/03 07:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If it was in her house she has a right to be upset. Maybe it's time to move out, be on your own where you can do what you want without mom throwing a fit.

"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: caught by parents [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1485102 - 04/23/03 03:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Play ben harper's "burn one down" for her, then bust out a doob...

Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

is waiting forthe peak

Re: caught by parents [Re: thestringphish]
    #1485717 - 04/23/03 12:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My advice, catch them doing something they don't want you to know about. How about your burst in on them the next time they're going at it? Maybe your folks have a coke habit you don't know about so go through all their drawers looking for stuff. Walk in on your dad jerkin it in the shower or your mom shaving her crotch. Get creative and play one parent against the other. By the end of it, you could probably smoke weed in the house and they woudln't be able to do anything!

If that doens't work, buy some visine and smoke away from the house. Leave your shit at a friends house so there is no evidence.

Or kill your parents.

You got choices man.

"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Loc: croatia
Re: caught by parents [Re: TheDude]
    #1486379 - 04/23/03 04:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

kinda wierd here if your parents find out you been drinking they dont do a thing about it, it is normal that you go out with your friends and get drunk every weekend but if they catch you with a joint they go crazy.that is fucked up point of wiew

Jesus! Did I say that?Or just think it? Was i talking ? Did they hear me?

Re: caught by parents [Re: twisted]
    #1489985 - 04/24/03 05:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No no no.......my parents don't know that I drink either. I've talked to them about it just to see what they would think about me drinking. They would be VERY against me drinking. I should actually update you all on the events following last weekend.

I have not smoked since the event. My mom and I got on VERY bad terms with each other. This is bad, because I spend almost all day every day with my mom. So it ended up giving us too much time to argue and yell at each other. I was mad because she couldn't trust me any more or accept my way of life. She wasn't really mad as much as she was saddened and dissapointed. You see.....I have 3 older brothers, 2 older sisters, and 2 younger sisters. All my older siblings are much older and have since moved out. All my brothers smoke weed with regularity. One of my brothers is the biggest pot-head I know. Another one of my brothers screwed up real bad when he was my age. He got into practically every drug I've seen in the ODD. He was frequently arrested, stole cars, shoplifted, broke into the local mini-golf and vandalized it, got caught outside a grocery store with some friends and a gun while on acid at night by the cops....etc......all the normal stuff us teens do. Anywho, my mom took this all very personally and thought that she'd made a mistake in his upbringing. He's since changed, has gone back and finished his high school (he dropped out), and has a steady job, and apartment, a girlfriend, and a cat. He is also friends with our mom again now. Anyway, when my mom found out about me and weed, she fealt as if she'd made the same mistake again. My mom NEVER seemed depressed to me. She was always very strong-willed, and never a quiter. I never knew she felt the way she did, nor did I see this comming. So she thought it was her fault I "was on drugs" as she refers to it. And after a heated debate, she explained the way she really felt, and was about to walk out on us. Woah. Time-out for me. Major guilt trip time. I immediately changed every one of my views and decided that in no way is weed more important to me than my mother. So I convinced her that she's done an amazing job as our mother, that it was my mistake, not hers, and that we all still love her and need her. So, I guess that's it for weed and me, at least until she has no major part in my life and I don't feel that I'll be letting her down by using it. Well, I hope nobody else ever has to go through all this. But if you do, take my advice: Decide what's most important to you, and don't ever let it go.

a grain of sandamongst thedunes

#1490037 - 04/24/03 05:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well, if it comes down to it....kill them.

i have arrived

#1490077 - 04/24/03 05:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's too bad that you cannot watch a portrayal of what would have happened if the decision you made was the opposite one (that is to say if you chose pot over your mother). I wish you could see that, because you'd be rewarded by knowing that this is the best possible choice you could have made. You have saved your mother and younger sisters very much grief, not to mention yourself. Pot is fun, and it can help you to become openminded, but I wish I had never smoked it, and I am sooo happy that I have, for all intensive purposes, quit smoking.

#1490096 - 04/24/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Why were you smoking inside the house if you were trying to hide it from your mom? Just go outside

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub