Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Has Anyone Ever Been Arrested Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DOG *DELETED* *DELETED*
    #14521895 -

IF YOU ARE TRAVELING, DO NOT GET WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE MEXICO BOARDER. THEY WILL STOP YOU. THEY WILL FIND YOUR STUFF. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE WHITE AND A CITIZEN. THEY HAVE DRUG SNIFFING DOGS.

Was wondering if anyone here has had an overnight stay in the Sierra Blanca, Tx jail for felony hash possession and how it turned out. I was caught by a drug sniffing dog at the I-10 Boarder Patrol checkpoint. From googling, I guess your under their authority if your within 100 miles of the boarder.

So here's my story...

I was leaving the LBC to Kentucky 4/18. It was during all the floodings, so I-40 had a massive storm just sitting there... I decided to go I-10. I drove 16 hours and was about to stop for the night. As I was going along I-10 looking for a good place to stay signs started popping up saying Boarder Patrol Inspection Ahead. There were all these cameras and nonsense on the side of the road. All cars to the left, all trucks to the right. I wasn't too worried. We have agriculture stops in CA, thought it was like that. As I got closer I noticed there were dogs sniffing all the cars and trucks. I started to sweat. As the dog went around my car, I noticed him acting funny. Fuck! As I got up to the B.P. agent, gave him my i.d. and told him where I was going, he said I needed to pull over for a secondary inspection. Fuck!!

I parked my car and got out like the agents told me. They said the dog had indicated I either had someone hidden in my car or drugs. (BTW, how does a dog tell the difference between a passenger and a stow-a-way?). They asked if I had either in my car, I replied no. Since they dog had indicated I had one of the two, they didn't need my permission to search my car.

The agent took his dog into my car and found my jar with about 3 1/2oz, plus my pipes and travel smoke. The agents asked why I had lied about having something in my car, and I said...Well, if I had told you would we be in different circumstances? They replied no.

So as they took me into the station, I saw they were tearing apart my car (luggage and all). They asked if I had anything else, which I had about 5g butane hash I had made and told them about. They finger printed me, took my picture and what not. As I was waiting there on the bench, one of the guys took my pot out with his dog to play with him. He brought it back in and said what a good job he did finding it and all. Then he took out my butane hash. He came back in and said the dog didn't respond to it. I guess the butane process hid the smell? I was all like, fuck, I should have kept my mouth closed.

The agents didn't want anything to do with me. I was a citizen, so they called ICE (immigration) to see if they wanted me. ICE didn't want me. So then they asked the sheriff, who was in the station, if he wanted me. Of course he wanted me. People were being brought in left and right for pot. They were also being given a ticket and let go. I guess if you have under 4oz, they will ticket you for the misdemeanor and you show up for court later. BUT... if you have over that or hash (BTW Texas considers hash to be a Schedule 1 Opium Derivative.. ie. FELONY), off to jail you go. So I got taken to Sierra Blanca, Tx jail. It's a town of 600 people. The deputy gave me the tour of the town.

As soon as you walk into the jail, it smells of bud. That was cruel. There I was locked up, wanted a "j", could smell it, but couldn't smoke it. UGH! I didn't know wtf was really happening. I was in a cell by myself for 6 hours because they needed all the paperwork to book me. I couldn't have my phone call. Really, I cried a little that night. Every time I would push the call button for the guard, the would answer "Bueno!, Bueno!" I wouldn't answer them back until they said hello.

When I got booked (BTW I was never given my free phone call), they asked if I could handle spicy foods. Odd question. Well, breakfast, lunch and dinner all had jalapenos. My booty was a burning.

After booking I was put in a cell with 6 other guys. Talked to this kid in there my own age from Louisiana and a 70 y/o black guy from Mobile, AL most of the time. They were both in their for hash. Everyone else spoke little English.

Talking to the guards, we found out they only made minimum wage. I guess the city leases the jail to a private company.

It was an ordeal, but I guess the judge that had to set our bonds was in meeting all day and wasn't going to show up. She finally showed up after 5:00, but they were like, we can't take your bail, it's after 5. They got permission to take our bail. Ok, what about my car. We'll, it's after 5, you'll have to stay the night and get it out of impound the next day. Fuck! Well, I guess they got permission to get it out, which was $268 w/ towing charge.

The judge sets my bail for felony hash at $6500 and the pot for $4500. I had to pay 10% ($1100) plus $30 paperwork fee plus $500 fee to the bonds-lady, plus $268 for my car. I had a lot of cash on me, (the jail took thier part, and gave the rest back as a check) and covered all but $100, so at 9:30p.m. on 4/20!!!!!! I was at an atm getting the rest of my bond money. I spent a little over 29 hours in custody.

On the way out, we asked the guards why it smelled so much of pot in there. They responded that the evidence room was just full of it. I asked if they get a lot of business from the I-10 checkpoint, which they said they did.

My bonds-lady said to get a lawyer and they will drop the charges and I'll just be paying fines. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this? Is this true? And if it's true do I really need a lawyer? (Only found info about Yuma, Az. It's a reduction to $400 fee and you can file a set-aside, really don't need a lawyer. But this happened to me in TX. I have dabbled in the law. I was charged for felony cultivation, represented myself, got the charges dropped in the interest of justice, turned around and sued the police department myself, settled the lawsuit for $40k week before trial...myself.)

Tell me your experiences, Sierra Blanca, Tx. Is it really as bad as it sounds. I know they lock people away for life for pot there, but in this town, I think it's all about them wanting your money.

Yes, this is the same jail Willie Nelson was in last year for 6oz. No, I didn't know about his story until I got arrested and started researching, which sucks ass. If I had only known....

Edited by Southern_Mush (05/27/11 05:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Arressed Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DO [Re: Southern_Mush]
    #14521954 -

damn, that fuckin sucks.

I wanna know how you managed to get those other charges dropped and then sue the sheriffs office :strokebeard:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Arressed Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DOG [Re: Southern_Mush]
    #14522030 -

Well yah already know TX is right by Mexico it is a straight up drug corridor and they don't mess around at the check points. If you got pot on ya the dogs are gonna alert that's the easiest drug to get busted with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Arressed Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DOG [Re: thodub]
    #14522092 -

It looks like I've got two threads/posts going on here.  The other one can be checked out here... It says the same thing.  Tried to delete this thread but could only figure out how to delete my posting.  People kept viewing a deleted posting so I put it back up.  Any help on how to delete a thread?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14522078

Edited by Southern_Mush (05/27/11 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Arrested Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DOG *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Southern_Mush]
    #14668011 -

My sister got arrested at the I10 Border Check today and was taken to Sierra Blanca.  I can't seem to find out any information about when she will go in front of a judge.  Do you have any suggestions? She was arrested with less then 2 oz of pot and about a $20 bag of cocaine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Arrested Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DOG *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Andiekaye]
    #14668471 -

Only someone that is uninformed would drive along I-10 with drugs.  I've been sniffed once on I-8 and once on I-10.  The thing is, the main entry point into the US around here is the railroad out of el paso.  These trains come across the international border at El Paso with huge numbers of containers off of ships.  I would suspect, some of these containers contain hermetically sealed monster quantities of drugs, because they always sniff the trains.  i see the trains coming by here every half our either heading to the border or heading into the US< they are really really long and stacked with containers from APL, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese companies, etc.

What I'm saying, the highway checkpoints and stuff only gets small fry (usually)  the big stuff comes in on trucks and trains.

WHen I was in county here, in my youth, one of my best friends got busted at the checkpoint on 54 north of el paso.  They didn't find the 50 hits of orange sunshine acid he had in his shirt pocket.  That night, in county, I found out what happens to black dudes on psychedelics.  It was hilarious.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Arrested Felony Possession I-10 Boarder Patrol- Sierra Blanca, TX? DRUG DOG *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: starfire_xes]
    #14668643 -

My uncle is a lawyer in ABQ, NM and has apparently been having a lot of luck (skill) getting clients off of charges that were initiated via DUI checkpoints or Boarder Patrol checkpoints.  Constitutionally speaking both are pretty fucking illegal and they have to follow textbook rules during the performance of them, and lots of times they slip up with some paperwork or something.  Or they just provide bigger loopholes tbh I don't know many specifics.  But I will give you one protip: If the cops don't find it, then ask you what else is in there, say nothing.  In fact beyond being polite say nothing anyways.  Not trying to give you hard time, I'm a victim of the same basic situation and I know how it feels.  Imagine what it'll be like to tell the grandkids about the days when we all got arrested for the herb?  Anyways good luck to you man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly illegal
( 1 2 3 all )
C20H25N3O 6,809 40 11/15/09 01:01 AM
by Cannabischarlie
* snow patrol vade 777 14 08/17/04 12:07 PM
by rogue_pixie
* Post 10 good 'uns.
( 1 2 all )
Revelation 4,974 34 08/19/04 01:18 PM
by Revelation
* Estimated 150,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Sinbad 27,354 144 01/05/05 10:27 PM
by usefulidiot
* help with mycological site for a 10 year old........ ChromeCrow 2,283 13 12/24/03 07:45 AM
by Ripple
* Bob Weir: One of the 10 Most Hated Men in Rock???
( 1 2 all )
Gr8fulJ420 13,282 34 09/03/04 08:46 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Top 10 Reasons MJshroomer doesn't answer my Private Message: GGreatOne234 1,642 7 09/17/03 05:27 PM
by Its Pat
* ShroomeRadio Tonight (3/18/05) at 8pm MST (10 EST) Senor_Doobie 941 7 03/18/05 08:21 PM
by PawPaw

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,811 topic views. 4 members, 23 guests and 194 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.