Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetracered
Man-whore

Are your houses just warmer than mine?
    #1458511 - 04/14/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I keep reading that fruiting for P. Cubensis mushrooms will only take place at 70-75* f, and also that fruiting should work fine at any normal room temperature. My house is consitantly around 65* f, which is a pretty normal room temperature IMO. So, is this temp fine if someone were to theoretically try to fruit in my home? Should they invest in a small heater of some kind if they want to fruit? Its preferrable to go without buying a heater, just want to know if its necessary.

~PeacE~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Are your houses just warmer than mine? [Re: tracered]
    #1458524 - 04/14/03 11:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You have nothing to worry about. Infact, this may help induce pinning seeing as how it's a lower temperature then the "norm". The only thing that may hold you back may be the time it takes for a pin to fully mature. Cubensis's optimal fruiting temps are around 74 - 78, so this may slow things down a bit.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1458527 - 04/14/03 11:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Your house is the same temp as mine. You'll be fine.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinetracered
Man-whore

Re: Are your houses just warmer than mine? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1458559 - 04/14/03 11:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Gaw-Damn! Those answers were quick. Thanks much to you folks, I'll stop my worrying. Now, if my Room mate's boyfriend's dog's owner's girlfriend's room mate could just get these things to pin! He's been staring at a 3 cake casing, 40-50% colonized on top in a terrarium which has stopped mycelial colonization, but shows no sign of pinning for about 12 days. Humidity is enough to cause moderate condensation on the lid, but not too much run off. Maybe a couple of big drops every time he opens is. They're also getting about 12 hours of light a day from a normal lightbulb (standard, fairly yellow light). He should probably stop worrying about it and be a little more patient, right?

~PeacE

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1458595 - 04/14/03 11:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Patience is key.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation