Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Mazatapecs Require Warmer Temps
    #733934 - 07/09/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Okay...so as most of you know I'm growing Mazatapecs right now...and over the last 3 weeks I've been noticing very slow growth of the shrooms that I have developing. Well today I had to go away for the whole day and I decided to turn off the central air while I was gone (it usually keeps my apartment in the 74-76 degree zone throughout the day) because I just cased 3 of the cakes that were in the Pod that weren't spitting too many shrooms out. Since I don't have my incubator assembled right now...I figured leaving the casing in the dark in a warmer apartment would help initiate the mycellium to grow through the casing layer.

So I get home and what do I find? I didn't even look in on the casing cause I'm not gonna check it til Thursday morning...but all the shrooms in my Pod have DOUBLED their size since this morning with the temp. strip on the Pod in the 82-84 F zone! When the Pod has been in the 72-76 temps...growth has been very slow and yet today with a warmer environment...the shrooms have TAKEN OFF! I even have 4 new pins that weren't there this morning!

So...I think I'm going to try and "suffer" a hotter apartment during the day to aid in my shroom's lifecycle and speed of growth. I was going to add this new data to the grow log, but I figure most peeps would find it more useful in this forum. So there ya have it...keep your fruiting temps for Mazatapecs in the 78-82 F zone and I have a feeling you'll see faster growth and fatter/meatier fruit bodies. At least that's how they're behaving for me.

Peace,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mazatapecs Require Warmer Temps [Re: Boppity604]
    #733938 - 07/09/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting...my room temperature is always different but my fruirts seem to do okay.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineXiC
journeyman
Loc: Planet Vegita
    #734140 - 07/09/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My messie pins grew 4 times the size they were in 1 1/2 days. I nearly have a constant 82-86F reading on my digital temp gauge. I thought it was the blue lights that made em pop, cuz I added that 2 days ago. But as u said, it could just be the warmer temp.

-XiC

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #734346 - 07/09/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cool!! (or WARM!!) That's great Bop!

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlinestaindblue
enthusiast

Loc: GodsCountry
    #734565 - 07/09/02 04:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

When i did my Maz i was having the same problem, Meanwhile my Lipa Yai thrived, I'll have to raise the temp next time and see. Thats good to know Boppity, Thanks!

OfflineTiger_Woods
Stranger
    #734903 - 07/09/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is nice to hear...I'm moving along quite a few steps behind you w/ the mazatapec. Thanks!

--------------------
"Cars of the future will float above the cities."
- Marcus Aurelius Antonius

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Mazatapecs Require Warmer Temps [Re: Tiger_Woods]
    #735340 - 07/09/02 11:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I just awoke to seven of the shrooms ready for harvest...two of them capped on me overnight so I'm making prints...both caps are the first two over 1" in diameter and the stems were nice and meaty...though hollow. I'm finally getting mature fruit bodies consistent in appearance to other mazatapec pics submitted in the pics forum or on vendor sites. The average height for these seven shrooms is 4.5" tall.

I knew not to give up on my Mazzies.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlineclosetfreak
Loc: h-town
    #735426 - 07/10/02 02:01 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Big B,
If you have your set up in a separate room (like me) I keep the door shut and close the ac vents so I don't suffer. I like a cold house. But my shrooms seem to like it a little warmer. Hence the closet with a shut door makes it 5-9 degrees warmer.

BTW I have clipped a few big stalky shrooms 4-5 inches(tiny heads)and dried them out to let the rest of the pinners catch up for even pinset on my cakes.

Got one funky siamese shroom in my casings -
Keep us posted.

--------------------
back to my closet

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: Mazatapecs Require Warmer Temps [Re: closetfreak]
    #735492 - 07/10/02 02:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Congrats Bop...experimentation is the key. I have something to propose to you. Consider that all that time you did not mess with your shrooms that the humidity also remained higher...hmmm. If your fruits are taking along time to develop...you may have a mositure defeiciency more that you have a temp deficiency

If you find that temp IS indeed the issue then you can do like homeboy said and close off the room if possible.

I am with Phrozen when he says that temps vary but fruits don't that much...

TR

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

OfflineFarstrider
Stranger
    #735584 - 07/10/02 04:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ok, i know i'm a newb, but this strikes me as something more than a heat issue. The way i was thinking about it is how they grow in the wild. From my understanding and what i have personally witnessed almost all mushies do the most fruiting in the cooler morning hours because of the high humidity. my pet spider has had several successes so far and is going to try poo on friday, he does not seem to have to worry about fruiting temp much, but he lives in a really really dry area, so he has seen exactly what you describe from too little himidity and too much as well (from over correcting).

He has never grown the mazies though, so it is indeed possible that they come from and insanely warm region and the strain has adapted.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds