Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Tarantula
    #1457708 -

I just wanted to show off my new digital camera with a picture of one of our tarantulas, we call her "Fuzzy". :grin: This is our first decent picture of her.

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1458035 -

Nice quality photo but those things give me the heeby jeebys big time.


--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1458101 -

To be honest with you, they kind of creep me out too. We never hold them and only take them out of their enclosures if we need to clean them. (We have 3 tarantulas.) But as long as they are safely behind the glass, I'm okay with them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1458228 -

Be careful, I have seen those scale glass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1458278 -

Don't worry, they have very secure lids. :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1458790 -

I <3 tarantulas... I had one local male and had it for a year and a half, which is longer than their natural lifetime around here. I used to let it crawl all over me... The kind I had wouldn't ever bite, in fact, I had to be very careful with it to make sure it wouldn't fall off of me. I fed him crickets fed on oranges and he loved it...
oh yeah btw, that's a beauty...

Edited by Morphrying (04/14/03 10:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: Morphrying]
    #1458989 -

only sick fucks have spiders!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: rosewoodpete]
    #1459302 -

Deleted per User's Request

Edited by DoseR (04/15/03 02:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1459305 -

unholy spawns of satan!
:smirk:
it does have a pretty color and cool furryness though.  nice quality photo.  what kind of camera is it?  when i got my camera, i took pictures of EVERything.. :laugh:


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1459319 -

Very nice :-) its wearing orange leg warmers :-) glad to see you keep it warm,were they hard to knit?

:grin:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: Paid]
    #1459569 -

felix, its a sony cybershot 3.2 megapixel DSC-P32. So no optical zoom, but still a sweet camera nonetheless. It even takes short movies with sound. :grin:


Edited by adrug (04/15/03 05:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1459768 -

What kind of tarantula is that??


--------------------
Posting large images in sign[a]tures is not allowed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: pants]
    #1460171 -

Deleted per User's Request

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: DoseR]
    #1460395 -

For two years, I was bit several times every single night by spiders, little black ones that look sort of like an ant.. Very, Very Fast. Very Agressive. They will run acrossed your desk at your hand, to bite you. And they DO bite you. Leaves a large red welt, much much worse than a mosquito bite. Now I spray raid around all my baseboards and under my bed each spring.

in the shower, Spiders show up now and then.. they drop down to bite me when i get in, luckily i have a shower head to spray them down the drain.

Every year, our front porch becomes infested with large grey spiders, wolf spiders, and dock spiders. At least a hundred of them cover it, you cannot use the front porch without walking through huge cobwebs litered with dozens and dozens of spiders.. Its horrible. Now we spray the entire porch and rafters with its own bottle of raid.

It seems like in the past 3 years or so the spider population has really exploded, I don't like that =\

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: Jared]
    #1460528 -

I'm glad I live in the UK, that guys picture of a HUGE spider behind a clock in a different forum post was quite disturbing. I certaily wouldn't want one of those crawling over my face while I slept...
That Fireleg looks pretty awesome though, but I'd never touch it, not even for cash.


--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: Jared]
    #1463279 -

Deleted per User's Request

Edited by DoseR (04/16/03 09:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: DoseR]
    #1463551 -

Spiders freak me out. Just something about all those fucking legs. I know that most are not dangerous in the least, but still.

Whats weird is when im in anouther state, like on shrooms or something, spiders and such arnt really scary as much as they are interesting. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: moosehead]
    #1463857 -

Deleted per User's Request

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: DoseR]
    #1464088 -

i'm with doser. spiders are fine as long as they stay the hell away from me. their natural tendency is to stay hidden somewhere dark. this means that when i find it i am most likely not expecting to. i usually try to get them out of my house w/o killing them unless they bite me. i have had several spiders bite me in my lifetime. many times without provocation or them being in any danger. jumping spiders scare the shit out of me. i used to have this garage that was infested with them. when you walked in like 50 million of the bastards jumped all at once! not cool to have multiple spiders flying about hitting you in the face and falling down your shirt and shit. the coolest spider thing was when i was camping and my buddy had this headlamp on. while wearing the headlamp you could see all the spiders in the woods. their eyes reflected the light like diamonds. it was pretty cool to realize there were like 10 billion spiders surrounding us. spiders have a significant role in the food chain. see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum6&Number=1401071&Forum=All_Forums&Words=spider&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1399488&Search=true#Post1401071 and see if you can identify that fawker!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tarantula [Re: adrug]
    #1464397 -

that is not a tarantula, it is a large spider, theres only one tarantula, it is found in Europe


--------------------



[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MeeT My TaRanTuLa
( 1 2 3 all )
Coaster 4,004 52 05/05/11 07:56 PM
by Pscientist
* spider thread
( 1 2 all )
shirley knott 3,676 38 09/07/04 12:19 PM
by bastard_turtle
* I just pissed on a ginormous spider
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 2,629 31 05/19/09 12:31 PM
by Society
* Im thinking about buying a Ornamental Baboon Spider T-Funkadelic 653 14 05/21/15 09:01 PM
by Psychonautica
* Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? camerinkw 579 19 01/27/17 05:47 PM
by T-Funkadelic
* Camel Spider vs. Mouse
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 4,661 37 02/02/07 01:02 PM
by CureCat
* do you like scorpions ?
( 1 2 all )
KerbouchardS 2,634 21 07/12/06 02:18 AM
by downforpot
* Have you ever seen a giant spider in person?
( 1 2 3 all )
s240779 4,350 51 09/01/13 06:53 AM
by Dreaming Nomad

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,031 topic views. 7 members, 12 guests and 220 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.