Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Spider in the ceiling, What should I do?
    #24043462 -

We just noticed a decent sized spider web in the corner of our appt. I have arachnophobia(well, phobia of almost any crawling thing), but at the same time I do not like killing living things which pose me no harm/. Therefore, I want reassurance. What are the chances of this spider having babies which spread to the rest of the house? That's most of my worry. If he/she just chills in that corner forever, that's cool with me. It's pretty small, has thin legs, and a black-dot body. The web is about a foot long and really spacy.

Edited by camerinkw (01/27/17 10:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: camerinkw]
    #24043516 -

camerinkw said:
What are the chances of this spider having babies which spread to the rest of the house?



Higher and higher the longer you let it stay there.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: Eminence]
    #24043520 -

Let it say. Spiders are cool. But if it comes at you kill the mf.


--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: Eminence]
    #24043525 -

You say it's higher and higher, but are you actually certain? I'd assume so too but I want a solid answer of the likelihood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: goldcaphunter] * 1
    #24043527 -

I just catch them in my hand if they're not poisonous or an aggressive species and release them outside. If they are poisonous I catch them in a jar and release them. I don't kill spiders


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: T-Funkadelic]
    #24043534 -

You will see an egg sack in or near the web if it were about to have babies.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: T-Funkadelic]
    #24043545 -

Sometimes a spider will be chillen in the shower in the corner. I usually leave em. One time one lived in my shower for like three months :lol:


--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #24043557 -

If you are too afraid to catch it and put it outside, just leave it there. It is unlikely it will have babies, and he/she is a nice little bug catcher helper in your home, anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: Jenjens]
    #24043568 -

Yeah, I've highly afraid of trying to catch it. I think i'd fail miserably and it'll disappear and really stress me out. I'm definitely not going to try to catch it in my hands. Lol. I'm not necessarily afraid of creatures themselves, but of them crawling where I can't see them. Whether that be in my hair, clothes, or even under the couch, I cannot handle it. This is why I'm completely okay with it just chillin there. 


As for the egg sacks, there are dots throughout the web but I'm guessing it's bugs. I can't really get close enough to do a full inspection. Are egg sacks easily distinguishable?

Also, spiders aren't poisonous. Some are VENOMOUS, but I don't worry about that, because it's highly unlikely.
Some mushrooms are POISONOUS, on the other hand. Poisonous involves digestion of chemicals, whereas venomous is not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: camerinkw]
    #24043587 -

Take a lighter and some hairspray to it :cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #24043601 -

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Take a lighter and some hairspray to it :cookiemonster:



I do this for wolf spiders on the roof


Those spiders move lightning fast bit n grab onto anything close to them and are 2-3 inches big

Only spider around here that scares me


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: camerinkw] * 1
    #24043619 -

Sleep with your mouth open. Eventually it will die in your stomach. Any babies it has will burrow out of your stomach when ready.

It's the miracle of life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: SunnyD]
    #24043623 -

Wolf spider is one of my worst nightmares.

One time, we were camping in georgia mountains and there was a big spider on the outside of the tent, on the netting of the roof. We kept talkin about it, and eventually my dumbass friend thought it would be a good idea to try to scare it away with the heat from a lighter. If you haven't guessed by now, he burned a hole in the netting :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: camerinkw]
    #24043627 -

lol, revok. I'm sure you're joking but I do wanna point out that the spider in mouth while you sleep fact is a joke. It was a falsified stat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: camerinkw]
    #24044481 -

I had arachnophobia as a kid. I was seriously scared of spiders like a motherfucker. I remember seeing a spider crawling on the ceiling and went to my room and got in the bed and cried because I didn't want it to kill my dad while he was sleeping on the recliner lol.

Then in my teens I got interested in them and bought my first tarantula, he was aggressive as fuck so I never held him. He would stand up on his back legs and show his 1\2" fangs and lunged at me every time I disturbed him. My dumb ass thought it died one day because it wouldn't move and looked dead to me so I threw him into my neighbors yard. This was back before the internet, come to find out he was most likely just molting.

I've had several spiders and scorpions since then. They each have their own personalities, some you can handle, some just take time to getting use to you and some just don't give a fuck and will attack every time. I actually love spiders now. The jumping spiders are my favorite, some will actually play with you.



--------------------

Edited by T-Funkadelic (01/27/17 05:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: T-Funkadelic] * 2
    #24044568 -

give him a nice name and be his friend. that's free pest control right there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #24044589 -

Ya PB has the right idea.

I never kill spiders.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: camerinkw]
    #24044719 -

Many spiders carry their young on their back, so if you go to squish one, you just might have a baby spider bomb go off.

Spiders are more afraid of you, than you are of them, reason being they know you're huge, they have hairs in their legs which sense vibrations, so they know you're big from your thunderous footsteps, and will avoid you.  When people get bit it's because they are usually doing some type of work where they expose a part of their body to a spider, or the spider has crawled into some piece of something you might use from time to time, like a shoe, and when you go to put that shoe on it thinks you're trying to squash it, so if it bites you it's just trying to fight back, it's not being malicious in anyway, just fighting for it's life.


I used to hunt mushrooms a lot, at least 3 hours or more everyday, saw so many spiders, got used to them from seeing so many of them, or walking through a ton of their webs and having them on me.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: Lucis]
    #24044731 -

I also heard that baby spiders search for warm places to nest so often, when you have a egg go off in your house, the owners will experience tiny spiders crawling into their ears and whatnot as they look for places to roost.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider in the ceiling, What should I do? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #24044766 -

Wolf spiders carry their young on their back. I woke up one night because I felt something crawling on my leg and woke up and seen a big ass spider on my thigh. It was instinct to knock it of my leg. I got up and turned the light on and it looked like hundreds of baby spiders crawling everywhere on my sheets. There was a big ass wolf spider on the floor dead. I had to take the sheets off my bed and put them outside that night.

We had a epidemic of wolf spiders at my house in 2006-2007. I would come home from work and my girl would just put  bowls & cups over them until I got home to release them. Some were so big you could actually hear them crawl across the linoleum floor in the kitchen. I released on big one outside one day and was bare foot and was trying to get it to move with my foot and it jumped and held onto my toe for a split second but I shook it off so fast it didn't get a chance to bite me.


--------------------

Edited by T-Funkadelic (01/27/17 07:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this a fucking recluse spider???
( 1 2 all )
AIRDOG 3,440 31 06/26/12 09:46 AM
by withoutawire
* Spiders, Synchronicity and why we do the things we do. AsanteM 1,113 10 04/22/14 08:46 AM
by TheGreenArrow
* Arachnophobia?? -(Very Graphic Pic's)-
( 1 2 all )
SouthPArk 4,006 24 07/03/05 06:52 AM
by GulGen
* Kill spiders in your house, learn from my mistake.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
MushyMatt 12,001 182 05/23/13 07:44 AM
by tealeaf
* Spider identification needed
( 1 2 all )
LethalX5 3,915 35 07/04/05 08:11 AM
by TYL3R
* Hallucinating spiders when falling asleep? Man5 4,540 19 06/29/10 03:07 PM
by smack
* Im thinking about buying a Ornamental Baboon Spider T-Funkadelic 653 14 05/21/15 09:01 PM
by Psychonautica
* Spider attack! (another spider thread) highdroponics 530 9 06/28/10 05:08 AM
by Asante

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
579 topic views. 1 members, 255 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.