Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
on-line universities
    #1437422 - 04/07/03 08:09 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Does anyone on here currently go to or graduated from an on-line university like Kaplan or U of Pheonix? I am looking into getting a career certificate over the internet but I am a bit skeptical and very unfamiliar with online institutions of learning. I also don't know anyone who is enrolled or graduated from one, so I have no point of reference to weigh my options with. Any exprience, advice, pros and cons would be helpful.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: on-line universities [Re: MrBump]
    #1437939 - 04/07/03 11:20 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I can't help you, but I myself is looking for an online internet. Perhaps people can recomend me one. I don't think it matters much where they are, since it is online.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: on-line universities [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1437967 - 04/07/03 11:32 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Why fuck around with them when you can get your degree and transcripts in 15 minutes!

http://www.professionaldegrees.com/
http://www.closedcollege.com/
http://www.blackmarket-press.com/

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: on-line universities [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1438465 - 04/08/03 06:00 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

The social side of Uni was fantastic when I did undergrad. They were the best years of my life. I dont know why you would want to do it on the internet.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: on-line universities [Re: enotake2]
    #1438471 - 04/08/03 06:06 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I hated my social life in high school, and I am doing cyber school right now. I figure I might as well continue doing it on the net. It is awesome because I don't have a special time I have to work and I could do drugs and listen to music while I am working.

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

#1438764 - 04/08/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

That is awesome, because everyone knows you write better essays when you're drunk, high on morphine, fucked on benzo's, and stoned on top of all that...

It's Athabasca University, and it's Canadian.

http://www.athabascau.ca/

Know what you want before you get in over your head. University costs alot of money, and it's not worth wasting your time and money if you're just going to be high and fuck it up.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: on-line universities [Re: Killjoy]
    #1439744 - 04/08/03 03:02 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

How did you know I write better essays when I am high? It sure brings out the creativity in me. My guesses are that you are not high right now, seeing as your reply was not very creative. I have not failed a class once. Anyhow, this is The Pub, there is not suppose to be flaming. I request that his post gets deleted. I know it is a personal flame, because he constantly flames me in OTD. I do not need it in the pub.

If I find any good online universities I will let you know thecornking

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #1441170 - 04/08/03 10:48 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

enotake: yeah I went through undergrad on a campus and everything, I loved it as well. I am looking to pick up a certification to enhance my job skillz. I have been looking at many programs offered over the internet and so far Im not impressed, including the price which I thought would be cheaper

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: on-line universities [Re: MrBump]
    #1441513 - 04/09/03 12:32 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

My cousin does that while she watches her kid at home... Shes learning computers and to start it cost her $1000... She got a kick ass computer, monitor, printer and all the bells and whistles, even has a DVD player CDRW.

All her books are online, theirs online lectures she must download, shes got homework and from what I can tell theirs nothing diferent from the online stuff than the in class stuff and when its all over she keeps everything.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: on-line universities [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1445760 - 04/10/03 05:02 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Not bad. Yeah I'd consider an online course for a postgrad degree.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom