Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Reading Terrence Mkenna [Re: CosmicFool]
    #14434210 - 05/11/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I can't read McKenna
I can listen to his lectures for days on end but he looses something when put into print

thats cuz hes a bardic story teller of pandimensional proportions and his linguistics & dictation put peeps into trance he's like a human quaalude

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: No fuckin tellin
Re: Reading Terrence Mkenna [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14434481 - 05/11/11 11:38 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I don't think McKenna is opposed to the idea of culture itself, but I think he advocates a better recognition by individual humans that culture is an imperfect human construction rather than the wisdom from on-high that many paralytically accultured individuals see it as. IE, when your pants are getting mangy and dirty, you take them off and put on new pants, rather than try to justify wearing mangy old pants (as many do). When your religion is complicit in mass murder, you leave it and come up with a new one. Et cetera.

He must have done a good job getting that across, because that's exactly where I landed.

I haven't read nearly enough of his ramblings to be talking about what he may or may not mean but after thinking on what I have read, my take away was exactly what you said. Couldn't have said it better myself.

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: No fuckin tellin
Re: Reading Terrence Mkenna [Re: Envix]
    #14434483 - 05/11/11 11:39 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I can't read McKenna
I can listen to his lectures for days on end but he looses something when put into print

thats cuz hes a bardic story teller of pandimensional proportions and his linguistics & dictation put peeps into trance he's like a human quaalude

Can't argue with that either.

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom