Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley?
    #1117328 -

i just finished it today......i thought it was a great book...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: greenhaze]
    #1117493 -

Yep.

Good read.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Hux [Re: Phluck]
    #1117762 -

I'm gonna have to read it for the novel study for my English class. Is it too trippy for a classfull of teenagers?


--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."
- J. Danforth Quayle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: greenhaze]
    #1118577 -

yeah man I read it last month - good stuff :smile:

That poor "savage" :wink:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: greenhaze]
    #1118603 -

I read it twice about three years ago, I found it so good I had to read it again right after I finished the first time. It certianly gives you something to think about.


--------------------

Edited by FrozenHappiness (12/06/02 09:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Hux [Re: greenhaze]
    #1118788 -

I have an audio tape of it with Huxley talking.

I think he predicted the anti-depressant craze.



--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: greenhaze]
    #1119631 -

Had to plow through it for an advanced reading class in Jr High. But I don't remember much of it. Found it to be tough reading at that age. I was probably too immature at the time. I guess I should read it again, I've just never got around to it.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #1119637 -

BTW- I also read Catcher In The Rye that year. Now that I think about it I feel that the teacher was giving us stuff that was way too heavy for our age group (12-13) even though it was an advanced class. But I did read the Hobbit that year also and loved it. I finished the entire LOTR series by the time I was in High School.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: greenhaze]
    #1120714 -

If you like Brave New World, you'll love Island. Also have a read of Brave New World Revisited, which he wrote just before he died.

If you're interested in Aldous' life, then read this...



He was a wonderful, thoughtful man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? [Re: greenhaze]
    #1122726 -

Great book,
Groundbreaking for it's time. And excellent study of social conditions and philosophy. Many people considered it both subversive and communist. Not unusual for it's time, though.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone ever read Brave New World by Aldous Hux [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #1122993 -

great book! i think its funny that the name 'soma' is used for ghb today lol


btw i hated catcher in the rye


--------------------
--
[url=www.cafeshops.com/cheframen]Disinformation Awareness Office[/url

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ash catchers eligal 1,178 4 05/10/06 12:02 AM
by eligal
* Ash catchers for bongs OneMoreRobot3021 1,052 5 08/17/05 03:16 AM
by 3six5
* Astros n Braves OldSpice 1,038 17 10/12/04 11:40 AM
by Vvellum
* Brave New World :Aldous Huxley lmfsmoke 713 7 10/12/08 07:01 PM
by jenns_hot
* How many of you guys have been brave enough to wear...
( 1 2 3 all )
MyInnerChild 3,731 42 09/04/07 11:45 PM
by MyInnerChild
* Deadheads.... click if you're brave
( 1 2 all )
abhi 1,819 24 09/24/05 05:55 PM
by Prisoner#1
* went out in the garage, smoked a bowl and finished my painting (pics)...
( 1 2 all )
TameMe 3,076 31 08/17/07 04:36 AM
by Wysefool
* Don't you hate finishing really good literature? Thin White Duke 2,856 18 01/17/06 11:15 PM
by knumb

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,694 topic views. 3 members, 10 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.