Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Black Swan, a dancer's rant
    #14079602 -

So...

let me give you a slightly different point of view about one film "The Black Swan", i haven't seen to many movies the last few years, and non in a theater that's for sure (and i am talking about YEARS!)

now, yesterday of all days my girlfriend had a free dance studio (a big dance school where she teaches) so we went to try out our new video camera and see what comes up... personally i never seen my self dance in a video although i've been dancing for about 6 years now! so i was pretty excited about that, we had quite a nice time in the studio and the result was pretty pleasing!

when we got out we were very hungry so we went out to eat and for some strange reason my girl decided that she wants to check out the cinema, she heard people talking about this film and stay loads of good stuff but she knew nothing of the plot, that more or less it had to do with ballet dancers and that's about it...
i didn't want to brake the mood so i agreed to go along... big fucking mistake!

we came after dancing the whole day but when we went out of this fucking movie we were even more tense and shitty feeling than before dancing! you could say that we took it a little too personally but bueno, what a piece of shit movie!
it's the same fucking story as every other fucking movie, AGAIN, fear mongering, sex, violence, competition, madness (and this aspect was pretty lame, i had to stop my self from screaming "oh please, COME ON!!!" through out the whole film")
also this silly "dancers antics", as if that's anywhere close to reality?!!! WTF?
and then it ends and the whole audience just stayed seated, of course, after this kind of abuse what else can you do? you have to go take out all the accumulated shit some how (lucky for us we had a long bicycle ride back home) 


i'm sure it's going to be a while until i walk into a movie theater again!
:smirk:

p.s yes the lesbian sex scene and the masturbation scene were nice, also her turning into the swan, but that's no where near enough to make up for the effect this piece of shit had on us meh...


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Simisu]
    #14079688 -

all ive seen is clips from the lesbo scene, in my opinion those scene's alone make it a top notch film


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #14079696 -

I haven't seen it yet, but I spoke to one of my friends who's a psychologist and she liked it. According to her, it was an interesting and apparently quite credible attempt to picture the onset of psychosis. Apart from that, she just liked the movie, so I figured I should see it myself if the opportunity presents itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: koraks]
    #14079803 -

Quote:
i'm sure it's going to be a while until i walk into a movie theater again!



good, if you have to rant and bitch keep it on the internet where no one can hear you


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Simisu]
    #14079821 -

learn how to watch movies:shrug:


--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #14079867 -

Olympus Mons said:
learn how to watch movies:shrug:




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #14079871 -

ROFL_my_ WAFFLE said:
Olympus Mons said:
learn how to watch movies:shrug:






--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Simisu]
    #14079905 -

Stick with documentaries, OP.  I don't think fiction or imagination are for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: The_Ghost]
    #14079919 -

The_Ghost said:
ROFL_my_ WAFFLE said:
Olympus Mons said:
learn how to watch movies:shrug:








--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: abltsandwich]
    #14079921 -

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL films standards and all your love for them makes me laugh! :laugh:

"DERP! you suck go home OP!"

ahhh, suck it... OP is probably RIGHT. the film is probably a bunch of horse shit, prettied up to look like a film.

really it's prolly just a flick... or at least has been reduced to one.

and afronofsky must be like :facepalm: "oh well, next project for you fools" :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Simisu]
    #14079924 -

Its a Darren Aronofsky film... I don't think "reality" is what he was attempting to portray.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Hendostan]
    #14080001 -

I haven't seen this movie.  Have those of you who are defending it actually seen it?

That being said, I hope the OP isn't hating solely because of how it made him "feel".  Movies are meant to be emotional but not always is the goal to invoke happy or pleasant feelings.    The fact that it was able to cause such a strong response from you in the first place is a sign that the movie is effective.

And Hendostan, if a filmmaker is not trying to reflect some aspect of reality through his art, he should probably quit.


--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #14080021 -

ive definitely seen it, and it's worth seeing again in my opinion. and your last sentence is bullshit.


--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #14080142 -

I thought it sucked too :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14080171 -

I thought it could of been good but they went over the top with gore, sex scenes, and drama. The actual plot, acting, and filming was all well done, IMO. They went for the shock factor a bit too much.

It would of been just as disturbing without those scenes. I covered my eyes during the unnecessary nasty parts and I still felt disturbed by the twisted perspective that is the main character.

Edited by TTT (03/07/11 09:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Simisu]
    #14080197 -

Black Swan is a melodrama. I don't personally think it was making any attempt to capture the life of the "average" dancer, it was just trying to spin a fictionalized yarn about one particular dancer who loses her mind.

I enjoyed it though, so naturally I'm going to defend it :lol:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14080219 -

It's supposed to be a modern adaptation of Swan Lake... so of course it's gonna be unrealistic. It's supposed to.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: TTT]
    #14081014 -

Senor_Doobie said:[/b
I hope the OP isn't hating solely because of how it made him "feel".  Movies are meant to be emotional but not always is the goal to invoke happy or pleasant feelings.    The fact that it was able to cause such a strong response from you in the first place is a sign that the movie is effective.



yes i agree the movie was "effective" but my problem lies with the "for what" part... effective for what? and i think it was just fear mongering and consumerist bullshit :shrug:
also i quite agree with what TTT said:

Quote:
TTT said:
I thought it could of been good but they went over the top with gore, sex scenes, and drama. The actual plot, acting, and filming was all well done, IMO. They went for the shock factor a bit too much.

It would of been just as disturbing without those scenes. I covered my eyes during the unnecessary nasty parts and I still felt disturbed by the twisted perspective that is the main character.



so yeah, i didn't have a problem feeling disturbed while inside a this perspective of a crazy character, what bothered me was the lame shock scenes and all the fucking unnecessary violence, it would have been 10 times more interesting if they didn't use gore, drama and violence to build her character!

sometimes it made me feel like i was watching a horror movie you know? (and i hate horror movies! i never saw the point...)
i'll also say again that i haven't watched too many films lately (and there's a reason for that... this is just one of the reasons, in my point of view most of the movies done today (98%) are all recycled BS, few are the films that are really worth watching :shrug:) i haven't watched any TV for the past 4-5 years either!

i'm complaining because this movie specifically, and specifically on that day disappointed me and left me with a very physical bad feeling (which i have no use for in my life... maybe all of you that liked it don't feel this way because you're used/hooked/unaware of this feeling?)


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Simisu]
    #14081211 -

As a dancer what did you think of it in terms of the dancing, especially Natalie's? I can see how if the dancing was subpar it might be frustrating to watch as a dancer. I'm a musician and I know it's always slightly annoying when a character in a film is supposed to play an instrument and it's completely obvious they don't know anything about even holding it correctly.


--------------------


"The greatest delight which the fields and woods minister is the suggestion of an occult relation between man and the vegetable. I am not alone and unacknowledged. They nod to me, and I to them." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ozz's Poo Pictorial
Shirley Knott's Spore Print Tek
No PC wbs
APE grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Swan, a dancer's rant [Re: Sanguine]
    #14081272 -

Wait a minute did you just tell me that there is a movie where I can see Natalie Portman masturbating?


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Why do some white girls like to have sex with only black guys?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
RandalFlagg 51,952 149 06/08/08 01:32 PM
by moosehead
* My rant against rap
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RandalFlagg 7,588 71 08/11/05 01:55 AM
by BrilliantWhite
* The Swan Delyrium 531 9 05/03/04 09:13 PM
by OldSpice
* Look, swans. OneMoreRobot3021 622 10 07/27/04 10:26 AM
by Adom
* any swans/michael gira fans here? 013akilper 564 3 04/13/06 12:38 PM
by Turn
* Any dancers?
( 1 2 all )
PinballWizard 2,397 21 05/03/06 12:13 PM
by kaniz
* What's white, black, and orange? Not Responding 327 5 03/02/18 08:38 AM
by Asante
* Most disturbing movie ever.
( 1 2 3 all )
TinTree 7,879 43 10/12/04 07:20 AM
by mr crisper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,312 topic views. 2 members, 37 guests and 250 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.