Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Ultrasonic humidifier?
    #13919331 -

I've decided to move away from tubs and try my hand at a budget martha setup, just a bit of metal shelving with some plastic stuck around it and a velcroed slit at the front, I'm looking for cheapo second hand humidifiers and found one for cheap.

It's an Ionmax Ultrasonic Cool Mist Ion30, here's a review

http://www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php?item_id=14463

which doesn't look promising. If I vent the output into the martha, will it work sufficiently well in a small area? Say, 70cm W x 30cm D x 110cm H.

    * 3L water capacity allows 10-45 hour non-stop operation
    * Adjustable mist volume for different humidity requirement
    * Speed flow control cover area up to 20 M2
    * Heavy-duty transducer(nebuliser) with auto-stop mechanism ehances efficiency and safety
    * Quiet operation for comfortable living and working environment
    * Energy-saving transducer, compact design with user-friendly operation
    * Mist volume
    * Current (A) 0.08 / 0.15
    * Power Consumption (W) 31Watt
    * Humidifying Volume >260 ml/h
    * Resonance Frequency (MHz) 1.60 +/- 0.05
    * Atomizing Quantity (cc/hr) 400.
    * Particle size (nm) 300
    * Transducer life time (hour) 6000+
    * Water capacity (L) 3
    * Operating water Drinking water
    * Recommended Area (sq m) 20
    * Dimension (HxWxD mm) 200 x 200 x 410
    * Net weight (kg) 2.5
    * Weight: 3.2 kg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: ozzyozzyozzy]
    #13919713 -

I can't tell from the pic where the humid air outlet is.  I can't give you any feedback on that particular unit, but I can say that I would look for one with a removable outlet vent like this one:

http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/topic/45422-diy-humidifier-for-large-enclosures/

I have this same unit and it has been a workhorse for me.  I realize getting one of these shipped to Australia might be expensive, but I can speak from experience that it can be very time consuming and annoying to try to adapt some humidifiers to output the way we need them to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: Sillicybin]
    #13919720 -

If it's cheap, get it. Ultrasonics put out a lot of moisture, I'm sure it will work.
Piping the output into the greenhouse is one option- putting the humidifier inside is another.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: Doc_T]
    #13919749 -

Doc_T said:
Piping the output into the greenhouse is one option- putting the humidifier inside is another.



This is completely true - I do want to point out one thing, though -

Failures on humidifiers (ultrasonics especially) happen oftentimes when we put the humidifiers inside the fruiting area.  If your ultrasonic has an air filter like mine does, it's not meant to get wet.  When the air filter gets saturated, air cannot pass through it, and the fan has an extra load to contend with to pull air.

Whether or not it has a filter, no matter how careful you are to pick before the veil breaks, there will always be times that you won't be available to crop a flush before they sporulate, and those spores love to clog up the air intake and gum up the humidifier's fan.  Aside from all this, you lose one of the main benefits of putting the humidifier outside: free FAE.

I've had three humidifiers fail on me so far since I started growing - one cool mist, two ultrasonics.  Since setting my current setup up so that the humidifier is above/outside the greenhouse and piped in, I've had zero issues with my ultrasonic for the last 3 years.  YMMV, though - there are a ton of people here that bought one ultrasonic 5 years ago, and have used it inside their FC and had no issues other than having to clean it regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: Sillicybin]
    #13919859 -

Look in my Sig. " heart of automation"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: jokefox]
    #13921903 -

I made an offer on it. Yeah I definitely think piping it in from outside is better, if I can double its purpose (humidity + FAE) with a minimum of extra effort, why not?

I've seen people do a ghetto style ducting system where they just tape a funnel upside-down to the output and then pipe it into the martha, that seems safest and simplest to me, provided I measure it properly and get the right sized implements.

I've done monotubs and it's just far too frustrating having to mist + fan constantly, the RH of my local environment is a nightmare for this hobby.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: ozzyozzyozzy]
    #13921969 -

I've used the pellet type humidifiers in semi-shotgunned Marthas with great success. Just place them in a reservoir

at the top. They're good because you can choose the reservoir size that suits your set-up. The reservoir can be

easily filled by cutting a hole above it and using a funnel. For FAE I used a combo of small holes every 2 1/2"

or so, coupled with a few additional larger slits and a little space round the bottom that isn't sealed. It takes a

few flushes to dial these in but they are cheap as hell to set up and maintenance free apart from mildew

scrubbing..


:pm: me if you want pics of one.


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: egodeathflux]
    #13922062 -

Look in my Sig.  It will make it easier for you.  Answers all your questions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: jokefox]
    #13922072 -

I would suggest a warm air humidifier to kill off bacteria.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: jokefox]
    #13922082 -

That's nice but not exactly basic.. My way requires a tent and lighter/screwdriver for FAE. Just sayin, a ton easier and works with any humidifier..


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: jokefox]
    #13922093 -

jokefox said:
Look in my Sig.  It will make it easier for you.  Answers all your questions



Yeah I saw that, I'll do something similar but without tearing up the humidifier. I don't mind refilling it every so often, I don't need 100% automation, just something that'll beat fanning and misting.

And oops, too late for a warm air humidifier. This one was the only one available for a reasonable price anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ultrasonic humidifier? [Re: ozzyozzyozzy]
    #13922493 -

You don't want a warm air
That was stupid suggesting it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier ($20) amanitavirosa 5,392 6 05/09/14 08:59 AM
by midnightmaraude
* Cool Mist or Ultrasonic Humidifier? magicfungi 5,983 18 03/26/22 08:18 AM
by The Tao
* Ultrasonic Humidifier Question *DELETED* Qwerty_huddle 704 5 02/17/11 07:51 PM
by Stains Blue
* auto filling an ultrasonic humidifier _foaf_ 4,674 4 02/10/09 09:10 PM
by musher_420
* Does anyone out there use a ultrasonic humidifier? MycoFunGuy 3,368 7 09/11/02 12:10 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* Ultrasonic humidifier problem? johnny_poke 1,720 11 11/14/17 11:25 PM
by cronicr
* How many mono tubs can an ultrasonic humidifier , humidify ? mycomaximus 1,831 9 02/03/12 05:27 PM
by mycomaximus
* ultrasonic humidifier InnocentComp 1,367 8 12/15/11 12:58 PM
by Barakanaten

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,540 topic views. 13 members, 91 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.