Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier ($20)
    #8342001 - 04/29/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So this design was developed due to the need to set + forget a humidification system for a self-contained fruiting chamber. The design allows for small trays to be cased as opposed to running the system as a mono-tub (which it could still do).

You may notice some very crude casings in the fruiting chamber They were on their fifth and final flush - managed a few more edibles before the last (large) fruiting body formed. The casings have since been moved to a nice water-front property in the woods.

Notice that the humidifier and its reservoir are suspended in the fruiting chamber. This allows for a larger footprint for the bottom of the tub. The reservoir is ~2L which is quite sufficient in volume. The ultrasonic humidifier is controlled by a 20-event timer, set to "on" for 15 minutes every 72 minutes. (1440 minutes in a day / 20 programs = 72 minutes per cycle)

Side view showing the relative size, etc. Notice the lack of holes around the perimeter? This is done on purpose - though there are drainage / gas exchange holes on the bottom of the tub.

This is a shot of the ultrasonic humidifier element in action. This unit was purchased as one of those "bowls" that has a light and fog coming from it. $20 well spent in my opinion. With the lid of the tub in place, the ultrasonic unit creates a dense fog of water within 5 minutes. Talk about the ultimate "misting" system :cool:.

The reservoir is a $1 tupperware container. The holes were cut to allow the mist to pour out of the reservoir. Notice how the reservoir is being held aloft? Those are nylon nuts and bolts which are fastened to the fruiting chamber walls and into the reservoir itself. The setup is extremely strong and does not "deflect" under the load of a full tank of water.

All in all I find this setup to be very effective since I have a fan to provide fresh air exchange on a 4 hour schedule and I can maintain >95% RH all day long since the humidifier is on a 20-program digital timer.

Future modifications would include raising the fan to directly under the humidifier reservoir to provide more space on the floor of the tub. Additionally, I would add a strip of white (or blue) LEDs to the perimeter of the box to provide the primordia the appropriate growth-direction queues.

--------------------
-AV-

Edited by amanitavirosa (04/29/08 02:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStizzle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tuvalu
Re: Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier [Re: amanitavirosa]
    #8342025 - 04/29/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:  how long does it take before the water gets too low for the ultrasonic to work?

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
Re: Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier [Re: Stizzle]
    #8342031 - 04/29/08 01:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I refill the reservoir once every 10-14 days.

--------------------
-AV-

OfflineOwMyHead
Village eediyot
Female User Gallery

Re: Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier [Re: amanitavirosa]
    #8391358 - 05/12/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, some of your pictures are missing. :frown:

Offlineicanttype
Lurker
Male

Re: Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier [Re: OwMyHead]
    #8391497 - 05/12/08 02:09 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this thing is badass

--------------------
GGTBod - "Sounds great, get trippin get naked and get animalistic make her laugh and piss all over you, i see no problems here :blush:"

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier [Re: icanttype]
    #8392086 - 05/12/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wicked. I've never seen these light/fog bowls. What's it called?

Also, what kind of fan do you use, and for how long does it run every 4 hours?

Edited by Ophanim (05/12/08 10:21 AM)

Offlinemidnightmaraude
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Set + Forget Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier [Re: Ophanim]
    #19962820 - 05/09/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I thought about trying this set up.  I already have one of these for a little desktop fountain.  I wonder if using perelite and fill the bottom of my FC with water (no holes drilled that part obviously) and set the ultrasound mister in there with a screen surrounding it from the perelite would work?  Thoughts?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates