Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Blueing Pluteus sp.
    #13836705 -

Unfortunately I could not capture the evident bluegreening which occured instantly at cutting and it then went away some half hour later, too bad I didn't have my camera with at the spot. Thus the photos are of limited excitement induction

There were only two specimens. The general phenotype looks lot like Pluteus cervinus, only much smaller and minus the bluegreening.

Cap diameter was some 3 cm and stem height some 6 cm. There were no Salix wood in the spot. They were found in a open spot with lots of wood debris, not sure if it's pine or some other broadleaved wood. As you can see there are not squamosoid marks or fibers on the cap

I noticed this thread with lots of info on the subject and mention of three var. of P.salicinus. I didnt have the time to read it all. Stamets mentions active Pluteus species

cyanopus , villosus , glaucus

Also, even though I am microscope illiterate, I do have a microscope and Allan comment in that thread on Pluteus being 'interesting' under the scope sparked my interest.

Also, part of bibliography says salicinus is edible and doesn't even mention the blueing reaction and to make matter worse some describe the cap as having bluegreen colours, so I suppose this is pretty much a mess which is not going to sort itself out easily

As for edible pluteus like cervinus, well I don't like the taste of Pluteus cervinus actually, I only have tried it dried though...

Does someone enjoy P.cervinus as food??

So here are the photos. I will try and search for more specimenst as it's pouring with rain again.


When I arrived home. The cuts are fresh







after a while





dried [in the fridge]






Edited by mutant (01/23/11 01:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #13836735 -

Diga eat any?


--------------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: LanLord]
    #13836777 -

i wish we could see the blueing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #13836848 -

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7891677#7891677

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12774977#12774977

I've seen a bit of variation on the cap color in bluing Pluteus. I have no idea if they're the same species or not (you already mentioned that there are three distinct varieties of P. salicinus.) What part of the world are you located in? You might want to taste a bit and spit it out. If they taste "magic" like a cube you might have something there.

That was a good idea drying them in the fridge. Looks like they held up well. Maybe I'll try that.


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #13837213 -

Cool find OP!. Ive been having active Pluteus sp on my mind for a while now, i am determined to find one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: Parkseerf]
    #13837544 -

:headbanger: wicked cool pics and FINDS man:headbanger:
i kno how hard it is to get pics of the tiny bastards and capture the blueing - i think you DID GREAT!!!! - its not like psily cyan vibrant - but i also can tell they are indeed a bruiser:super::cool: the caps look REALLY neat too - and man once again GREAT FINDS AND THREAD:awedance:
Hopefully you can get more pics of em ASAP - including some habitat photos - and maybe you'll get lucky n find one REALLY bright blue - and get a good pic of it--------- AWESOME:awesomenod: Gotta stay tuned on this:thumbup:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #13837634 -

Great find.  It does not look like any active Pluteus species I am aware of, but our north america material is different.

Check the Flora Agaricina Neerlandica pluteus volume on google books.

Can you find out what kind of wood it is growing on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #13838833 -

Nice find, I hope to one day find a bluing Pluteus sp. myself. 

Nice :thumbup:


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: amilibertine]
    #13838899 -

amilibertine said:
Nice find, I hope to one day find a bluing Pluteus sp. myself. 

Nice :thumbup:



me too, ive been checking any pluteus i see , i want to find one bad!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #13839996 -

Whoa, that is a wicked find Mutant! I wasn't aware there were blueing Pluteus sp. out there - they have suddenly become a lot more intriguing! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:


--------------------

__________________________________
In case you didn't know, The Shroomery holds a Picture of The Month poll each month and anyone is welcome to nominate pictures and vote! Keep it active folks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: Oreganic]
    #13843112 -

Quote:
me too, ive been checking any pluteus i see , i want to find one bad!!



see ive also been on the salicinus hunt for AWHILE - finally found em this last fall too:biggrin: took like over 100 pics and they allllllllllll suck:thumbdown::laugh: oh well - i downloaded some last night tho - ima post up a little thread here in a bit - - here is a pic - also shows how TEENY TINY they are - - -- - also kinda a bummer in my area - only find like 4 at a time - ARRRGGGGHHH - itd be hella cool tho to get to take a "pluteus" experience sometime :awesomenod::shroomin:

 
this time only found two buggers - they blued REALLY nice!!!!! too bad my camera ( and i:laugh:) have a hard time gettin super crisp closeups of tiny tiny ass fungi - - -- - --  -its def time to save up for GOOD EQUIPMENT:thumbup:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: sporeRider]
    #13843597 -

Very cool Wisco! :congrats:


--------------------

__________________________________
In case you didn't know, The Shroomery holds a Picture of The Month poll each month and anyone is welcome to nominate pictures and vote! Keep it active folks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #13846818 -

Thanks everybody for nice comments and compliments!

hey bobzimmer, I sent you a PM about the print trade. remember that?

Cool tip about tasting it, lol, I wish I knew what cubensis tastes like :P I have only tried serbica [woodlovers]. Are cubensis like woodlovers? I hear it's pretty different taste.

I am in greece, southern europe

I too wish you could see the blueing on situ. I cut these casually and they immediately become intensely green/blue in both cut ends! Imagine my adrenaline and happy surprise! Unfortunately the bruising had gone away as soon as had a camera handy.

wiscokid , thanks dude.

You should have seen the bluegreening on situ. it was fast and distinct as fuck. Only an idea has remained on these specimens.

I will probably go the day after tommorow to check again.

Quote:
Great find.  It does not look like any active Pluteus species I am aware of, but our north america material is different.



+
Quote:
Check the Flora Agaricina Neerlandica pluteus volume on google books.



thanks man!

Quote:
Can you find out what kind of wood it is growing on?



I will try, but I am not sure I will be able to with great certainty.

wisco, have you ever bioessayed? One would guess that the low potency would result to need several specimens to trip, huh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #13846843 -

hey Alan this book is not available to buy

and the pluteus section is not availble to read on google books....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #13851136 -

Quote:
wisco, have you ever bioessayed? One would guess that the low potency would result to need several specimens to trip, huh?



Man my finds ARE TEENY TINY and sadly they are far n few inbetween the vast woodlands! - - - ive found and bio'd c.smithii from up north in WI - the c.smithii are VERY potent for being petite - it took 175+ freshies to get a true outta body clean blastoff on those - - - - -id estimate a good 300+ pluteus would do possibly the same - thats ALOT of pluteus :wow: and as you mentioned - the bruising seems to happen then fade away fast - making me think they have lots of psilocyn - but will probably be worthless dry - but you gotta get A SHITLOAD fresh to try em out!!! - hopefully you can find a motherload patch and let us all kno!!!!:cheers:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: sporeRider]
    #13851144 -

:fonz:


--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: NeoSporen]
    #13864712 -

175 specimens??

you have bio'ed Conocybe?? wow

anyways, when there are mushrooms where 10 tiny specimens start to do the job [P.serbica] , I don't really care about this to get an free experience off XX specimens...

It's just amazing that I found an active Pluteus. I probably won't ever find that many ever.

it only takes some specimens to play with ID and such...

still haven't gone there again. Lots of rain today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #13864740 -

Please send a gill sample to someone with a microscope.

I've been looking for Pluteus washingtonensis for years, it seems you may have found an even rarer Pluteus!

Take spore prints if you can, I've seen people grow Pluteus quite easily using some ghetto tactics.

Mutant, you are coming up with some great finds lately! Keep up the great fucking work!


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #13875351 -

Thanks for kind words

Specimens of that pluteus cap were sent to workman and alan

I think someone said pluteus are hard to cultivate, but I suppose doing the wild myc tek might be easier

a lousy print was indeed taken, few spores appeared, but it's something...

still haven't been there

but it's still raining, so I hope I will be luck next time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blueing Pluteus sp. [Re: mutant]
    #22589261 -

Herbarium specimen is here, let me know if there is any microscope or DNA work that needs to be done.

I created a MO record for it:  http://mushroomobserver.org/224059

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do any nonpsyclocibins turn blue also? connor 3,637 7 09/10/01 09:50 PM
by Woodsman
* can blue foot grow.... blue_foot 2,828 6 07/26/05 10:42 PM
by Ramuh
* BLUEING PSILO shaggy101 2,550 13 11/19/01 09:25 PM
by Psylosymon
* P. cyanescens/Unidentified sp. mikeofyle 2,552 10 02/24/02 09:01 PM
by mikeofyle
* I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday mjshroomer 2,732 6 10/01/03 09:04 PM
by MagmaManiac
* Blue Meanies of Southwest Florida
( 1 2 all )
kenjaman 36,821 21 06/28/08 02:28 PM
by Alan Rockefeller
* Gymnopilus sp. pics repost shroomydan 37,890 19 04/27/11 11:57 PM
by Alan Rockefeller
* WED-Sept 22-Blue Ringers and Other PNW Shrooms and Surprises mjshroomer 3,453 13 09/25/04 12:56 AM
by Mitchnast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,994 topic views. 0 members, 25 guests and 35 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.