Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Question for all you drummers out there [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #13814353 -

Man I feel you on the second snare. My friend let me borrow an old piccolo snare of his to incorporate into my set, and I absolutely love how it changed my style. Gave me lots more freedom.
I don't have it anymore though. I really need to buy my own second snare.

I also recently started to play open handed within the last year. I do it that way because it's a lot easier to transfer hands between snare and hi-hat, and also because I'm a left handed drummer playing on a right handed drum set. And I also use a "pistol grip", though it's properly called a "french grip". I prefer finger control, over wrist control. Though I use a slight combination of both.
Look up the Moeller technique to really speed up your chops.

I actually recently took off my double kick pedal. I want to develop my right foot more before incorporating the two together.

I have a Jet Black Pearl Export Series. I would like to some day get a collectors series DW drum kit, with a nice wood finish.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question for all you drummers out there [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #13814411 -

I ride the high hat with my left, snare with my right, and kick with my right. Is this right or left handed? LOL I don't even know that and I have been playing on and off for 25 years! It would be easier for me to have a second snare to make that old disco beat because I hit the snare with my left hand when doing it. I love the piccolo snares. There is a device that also clamps the high hat down with by a knee switch. I would love some roto toms. I want to add electronic drums to my set one day.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question for all you drummers out there [Re: box of rain]
    #13814780 -

box of rain said:
Two Musicians and a drummer walk into a Bar... (Rimshot please drummers)



As a banjo player and a drummer i get so many jokes thrown at me im immune:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best Resonse to a Stupid Persons Stupid Question mjshroomer 2,201 15 03/24/04 06:58 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* Very OT: Strange question about fire damage and photos... GernBlanston 1,178 4 01/05/04 03:04 PM
by GernBlanston
* -A rather pressing question-
( 1 2 all )
igore 4,184 21 07/31/03 09:19 PM
by Fungushungry
* Quick chemistry question FirstAvailable 1,579 11 04/01/04 06:14 PM
by FirstAvailable
* a few questions about the family :) Vulture 2,218 10 09/01/03 09:47 PM
by Vulture
* Plz help with a .SHN/.WAV related question.. Lightningfractal 1,156 6 01/02/04 09:32 PM
by Lightningfractal
* piercing question ImYourSpedFriend 796 3 12/22/03 02:33 AM
by blackroselove
* question...
( 1 2 all )
ZenBhikku 4,597 22 08/22/03 12:16 AM
by ThEGrEaTBeLoW

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,389 topic views. 3 members, 324 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.