Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineblah
Stranger
Hookah
    #13638718 - 12/15/10 07:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just went to my first hookah bar this past weekend. Thinking about buying my own. What's the best kind of hookah to buy? and also, what's the difference between sizes? smaller = less time in a session?

Edited by blah (12/15/10 07:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepotatos
Master of metaphors.
Male

Loc: Coral Caves.
Re: Hookah [Re: blah]
    #13638740 - 12/15/10 07:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Buy the ones with no hoses.

--------------------
"There can be but little liberty on Earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven."

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Mitten
Re: Hookah [Re: potatos]
    #13638880 - 12/15/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, a couple of my friends have bought them. They both got the cheaper $20 or $30 dollar ones. It's worth it to invest in one with at least two hoses.

And you shouldn't really need one with a huge bowl. Both my buddy's only have standard size bowls and they burn for thirty minutes to an hour, depending how full you pack them and how hard you're smoking them.

Other than that, they're generally all about the same. Pretty much you're just paying more/less for quality and appearance.

--------------------
The Essential Works of Art

Offlinecraigy93
Flowing Away
Male

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Hookah [Re: Wiseman13]
    #13638935 - 12/15/10 08:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There are some islamic people that live near me that I went to high school with and they have the most kickass hookah. Their entire family smokes it together it's tight. My favorite thing to smoke other than weed:thumbup:

--------------------
:trippinbawelz:  :trippinbawelz:    :trippinbawelz:

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: No fuckin tellin
Re: Hookah [Re: craigy93]
    #13638980 - 12/15/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Me and my ex using our hookah bought for us in Dubai by some of our hardcore terrorist friends.

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hookah [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13639211 - 12/15/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, hookahs are badass to the maximum. I only wish I had some place to smoke one so I could buy my own.

--------------------

InvisibleDistorted Vision
The best. Of the worst.
Male

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #13639228 - 12/15/10 09:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiseman13 said:
Yeah, hookahs are badass to the maximum. I only wish I had some place to smoke one so I could buy my own.

Why not just outside in the back?
But yeah I love hookahs, so clean hitting and so enjoyably yummy.

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: Hookah [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #13639255 - 12/15/10 09:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

1 hose if you're planning on smoking with up to 3 people, 2 hoses if it's more, and 3 hoses if it's a party hookah.

Get a medium bowl. a well packed bowl can last a long time, sometimes requiring 2 coals to finish it.

--------------------

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hookah [Re: citricacidx]
    #13639670 - 12/15/10 10:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Distorted Vision said:
Quote:

Wiseman13 said:

Why not just outside in the back?
But yeah I love hookahs, so clean hitting and so enjoyably yummy.

Cause my Mom is nosy and would start to wonder why I was sitting out back all the time. Plus we have a foot of snow and a wind chill of like -5 right now. Maybe during the summer.

Quote:

citricacidx said:
1 hose if you're planning on smoking with up to 3 people, 2 hoses if it's more, and 3 hoses if it's a party hookah.

Get a medium bowl. a well packed bowl can last a long time, sometimes requiring 2 coals to finish it.

Get at least two hoses. Everyone gripes that if you have two hoses, you can't smoke by yourself, but all you have to do is buy a plug and just keep the second hose out when you're solo-ing it, and plug it up so you have the suction. If you can't find a plug, just put a piece of tape or something over it. Better to have too many hoses than not enough :grin:

--------------------

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
    #13639725 - 12/15/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

the only hooka i ever owned was a roor and it is alright. it think its better than the traditional ones ive hit, but its far from some of the custom billy bongthortons ive hit...personaly i dont like more than two hoses an idont even like two hoses...one hose give the best hit in my opinion

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hookah [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #13639758 - 12/15/10 10:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think the slightly better hit isn't worth having to pass a hose back and forth constantly. Just me though.

--------------------

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
    #13639773 - 12/15/10 11:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

there is the noveltiy of everyone having a hose to puff wit a ur boys or during a party i wont deny that...im just a perfect hit addict ill admit it

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#13639788 - 12/15/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
there is the noveltiy of everyone having a hose to puff wit a ur boys or during a party i wont deny that...im just a perfect hit addict ill admit it

Yeah, I won't try and dispute the greatness of perfect hits. It's pretty hard to beat a hookah that's hitting perfect and burning well. Unless you have a perfect-hitting bong to go along with it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: No fuckin tellin
    #13639795 - 12/15/10 11:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Remember that every hose not being toked upon must be held closed by someone.

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hookah [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13639859 - 12/15/10 11:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Or something
Quote:

Fungal-one said:
Remember that every hose not being toked upon must be held closed by someone.

Or something! http://www.hookahcompany.com/stem_plugs_136_ctg.htm

--------------------

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #13639908 - 12/15/10 11:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

you can't just sit there puffing on a hookah, thats ridiculous. you would KILL your lungs. there is more than enough time to pass it around...

if you pack the bowl right (which isnt hard AT ALL) you will get at LEAST 45 minutes to an hour of that shit burning. not to mention shisha and coals are cheap as fuck so..

i wouldnt get a two hose or three hose unless there was guaranteed multiple people hitting that shit everytime you smoke it. its just not worth it.

if you're buying it to smoke with friends solely, multiple hose. if you wanna smoke by yourself some times (mostly) buy a one hoser.

oh, and a little advice...

1. if you DO end up buying those self lighting coals, light them, get them all red hot then put them on.. don't inhale while its lighting itself cause that tastes like ass.

2. clean that fucker after every session. seriously. that shit will get fucking nasty if you don't.

3. i don't know how to avoid it, but sometimes the hoses can get all fucky. i never knew if the inside of it was just deteriorating or if it was just all sorts of tobacco resin inside of it. but the hose can get like, just pure awful to smoke. i'm talking like sandy gritty shit coming out whenever you inhale.

for this i would recommend trying to purchase an extra hose.

4. when poking holes in the tin foil, put about 15. i always did 14 depending on if i fucked up and made one too big or not. after a week or so you'll get the holes down easy.

5. if the tobacco is super wet, squeeze it out before you put it in the bowl. i think that was the source of the gritty sand shit (not 100% sure though). but you still want it to be a little moist otherwise its harsher.

i'm not an expert, but i do have a bit of experience.

experiment with what works for you, as long as you keep it clean you're golden.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineWiseman13
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hookah [Re: igwna]
    #13640001 - 12/16/10 12:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

theMERRYiguana said:
you can't just sit there puffing on a hookah, thats ridiculous. you would KILL your lungs. there is more than enough time to pass it around...

if you pack the bowl right (which isnt hard AT ALL) you will get at LEAST 45 minutes to an hour of that shit burning. not to mention shisha and coals are cheap as fuck so..

i wouldnt get a two hose or three hose unless there was guaranteed multiple people hitting that shit everytime you smoke it. its just not worth it.

if you're buying it to smoke with friends solely, multiple hose. if you wanna smoke by yourself some times (mostly) buy a one hoser.

oh, and a little advice...

1. if you DO end up buying those self lighting coals, light them, get them all red hot then put them on.. don't inhale while its lighting itself cause that tastes like ass.

2. clean that fucker after every session. seriously. that shit will get fucking nasty if you don't.

3. i don't know how to avoid it, but sometimes the hoses can get all fucky. i never knew if the inside of it was just deteriorating or if it was just all sorts of tobacco resin inside of it. but the hose can get like, just pure awful to smoke. i'm talking like sandy gritty shit coming out whenever you inhale.

for this i would recommend trying to purchase an extra hose.

4. when poking holes in the tin foil, put about 15. i always did 14 depending on if i fucked up and made one too big or not. after a week or so you'll get the holes down easy.

5. if the tobacco is super wet, squeeze it out before you put it in the bowl. i think that was the source of the gritty sand shit (not 100% sure though). but you still want it to be a little moist otherwise its harsher.

i'm not an expert, but i do have a bit of experience.

experiment with what works for you, as long as you keep it clean you're golden.

I don't know man, I've puffed them alone for an hour straight, and finished them still wanting more.

Nevermind the fact that terminal lung cancer is going to set in before I turn 35.

Regarding tip one, he speaks the truth. I always put the coals in the steel tray under the bowl and let them burn till they're completely red and then move them up and set them on the bowl. After you set them on the bowl, let them burn for a couple minutes to start heating the shisha up. Otherwise, you're just going to be getting lame-o hits and where's the fun in that?

More tips from me:

1) Don't try and mix weed in the bowl. Even if it sounds like a cool idea, it's not worth it. Yeah, it gets you baked, and yeah, it's weed and hookah AT THE SAME TIME. It makes for really harsh hits though, and they tear your throat up. Worse, it'll haunt you through the whole hookah bowl. Even after the weed burns up and you stop getting higher, the bad tasting hits don't go away.

2) Use two or three charcoals. I can't speak for the good coals, maybe you can get away with using just one. Here though, we buy the cheap coals (five or six for $.95), and it takes at least two coals to keep the bowl well-heated to the point where you're getting good hits.

3) Don't use room-temperature water in the vase. I'd highly advise using boiling hot water in it (just make sure the water level is right...you don't want to suck super hot water through the hose). The hit's will be top-notch. Ice water is also good. Even better than ice is snow. Get it well it's fluffy and throw some in the vase. If you don't have any snow, just get six or seven ice cubes and toss them in there. Works like a charm.

4) Depending on what kind of hookah you have, be careful. If you have a cheap one, chances are that the hoses are crappy. All it takes is one drunk friend to pull a little too hard on the hose for the whole thing to come toppling over. This can end with a broken vase, or with the coals burning a hole in something (Which leads us into tip five), neither of which is good.

5) ALWAYS have some way to pick the coals up. They are HOT and they'll burn through things fast. Make sure you have some tongs, or some other method of doing something with the coals.

6) Biggest hits contests ARE cool. Find someone with a cell phone and pull up the timer. Longest I've seen is a friend of a friend. He did one for a minute and a half. Impressive stuff.

--------------------

OfflinenewshOne
searching
Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #13640018 - 12/16/10 12:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

1. Do try and mix weed with shisha, if you do it in the right ratio its absolutely great.

2. No need to use more than 1 coal.

.... also there are traditional hookas, usually made with higher quality steel or brass, better hosing, better parts overall, and last longer ... then there are the cheapos that most headshops carry.

Look around your town for an india store and check those guys out.

--------------------
Dont forget to stop and smell your flowers

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Hookah [Re: newshOne]
    #13640079 - 12/16/10 12:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm: oh thats right i totally forgot!

after you put the coal on, it will take a few minutes until you can take a good hit.

the best part of the hookah, for me, is the smoke. (not only does it taste awesome) but the smoke is how i laerned cool tricks!

you will easily master them while smoking hookah, try!

though if you exhale too fast it like tickles your throat and can make you cough.

most importantly, have fun!

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom