Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry)
    #13627592 -

Hey everyone and thanx for showing up. I am moving out this Jan and I will have lots of room in my garage and I want to start brewing beers. My step dad did the same in college and I would like to learn how to if some one has any info. I will discuss this with the step dad but as well. Let me hear it. Oh and a poll for shits and giggles.
How does your home made beer taste? If you havent made any but still tasted a friends, how was it?
You may choose only one
How long did it take to complete a quality beer?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 12/13/10 05:22 PM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll



--------------------
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: djchemist]
    #13627601 -

I'm on my phone which is a big pain n the ass to link shit. Hit google video and search for 'retodd brews' that's a brewing video I made a while back that got strangely popular.


--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

Edited by Fungal-one (12/13/10 05:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: djchemist]
    #13627614 -

that first poll seems a bit skewed toward shitty :lol:


Be careful brewing in that garage, assuming it isn't insulated.  Rapid temperature fluctuations are a brewer's enemy.


--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13627618 -

Fungal-one said:
I'm on my phone which is a big pain n the ass to link shit. Hit google video and search for 'retodd brews' that's a brewing video I made a while back that got strangely popular.



Perfect, I'll look that up right now.


--------------------
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: djchemist]
    #13627901 -

Ive been brewing beer for years and as you can see in the video I buy very little equipment lol. Its an awesome hobby and one I have found immensely satisfying. The Vienna I brewed for the 07 Oktoberfest in Charlotte got me some major props. Not the least of which was a guy from Germany who sat right by the tap and had like five pints. He said that it was the best beer he had since he left Germany.

If I had any intention in making that video it was to dispel myths about the how hard brewing beer is. Temps arent super critical and neither are amounts. Those things are important when you need to brew the exact same tasting beer every time. Homebrewers dont need to worry about such shit. Extreme temps are bad but if you can stay within 10 degrees youre good to go during fermentation. You have to remember that just because the air gets a few degrees hotter or colder that doesnt mean your five gallons of beer did the same. It takes alot of energy to change the temperature of five gallons of liquid. Cold will cause the yeast to go dormant while heat will push them into overdrive. Yeast are alot like people, when they work that hard they sweat and that sweat is what gives you the off flavors and what not. Thats not exactly true but good enough for a newb.

Hit me up anytime for brewing advice, besides post whoring its one of the only things Im really good at.


--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13627930 -

#


--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13628507 -

Perfect! Yeah i saved the video to my favorites. I will look at it once more and see if there is anything that I don't quite understand. From the video, everything looks quite simple. However, I am not sure what ingredients to use for a pale ale stiled beer and I am not sure where to get the products of line....


--------------------
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: djchemist]
    #13628528 -

Almost every city these days has a homebrew store near by, look online. A pale ale is easy to make. Just got about 12 pounds of pale malt, a half a pound of crystal 60 and 3/4 oz of hops, any variety will do. Boil for an hour. Use a neutral tasting calm type yeast, US-52 is a good dry yeast to use.


--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: djchemist]
    #13628545 -

I used to make my own before I turned 21.  It was absolutely terrible, but it got me where I wanted to be.  But I didn't do it properly.  I didn't have an airlock or anything.  And I used regular bakers yeast.  I just threw all the shit in a 4 gallon soup pot, and waited for the bubbles to stop.  Then drank it.  :puke:

It was more like sugar beer wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The how to brew beer thread! (No DIY from OP included. Sorry) [Re: djchemist]
    #13628549 -

HAHA, I have 48 22's in my special place. They where where bottled last friday night.
I just realized I will be real drunk at xmas.

y the way you might want to check the "Brewing section". Well Okay it is not 100% brewing but it is where it is.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/48

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does anyone home brew beer? GregHimself 559 3 09/18/03 02:35 PM
by Ripple
* Psilly Beer? pacopaco 746 9 10/08/04 09:15 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* What kind of beer are you drinking right now?
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 4,631 35 07/08/04 09:56 PM
by Therapy
* I like beer
( 1 2 all )
Absolut_B 4,981 32 03/13/03 10:02 PM
by funkymonk
* Mass produced beers make you sick? kadakuda 1,129 11 07/04/04 04:53 PM
by Skinnymofo
* Foster's beer, product of Canada? TheShroomHermit 1,209 9 05/29/04 10:58 PM
by scott2004bc
* Favorite beer?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
felix 10,384 76 02/17/04 07:19 AM
by DestruKtiKon
* BEER
( 1 2 all )
ILLadvised 3,141 33 06/28/03 06:03 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,003 topic views. 3 members, 17 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 20 queries.