Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAli
Evil Retard

Loc: Zeta Reticuli
Grain VS. BRF
    #1361602 - 03/09/03 11:00 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

See I told you the hooligans were thinkers. They asked another one. Hope your thoughts can help. Here goes....Does the PF cake exhaust its energy because of "eating" all of it's food(brf) or because of using it's energy towards growth?
Hypthothising it is the loss of food, wouldn't a grain (popcorn) provide more food for fruiting? Thus resulting in more fruit per cake?
Being that when using the PF TEK most of the volume is taken up by vermiculite(containing no nutrients), wouldn't the popcorn tek be more efficient in supplying food for fruiting? Or is popcorn grain to complex to breakdown for fruiting?
Could someone use half BRF and half popcorn?
The hooligans are smarter then I thought  :grin:
Thanks in advance.....

--------------------
I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. YAYYYYYYY!! Now you go!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: Ali]
    #1361689 - 03/10/03 01:13 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Well, here is some eh.. FOOD for thought.

popcorn does not hold much water, mushrooms are 90 % water fresh, so a cake needs to hold lots of water.

Popcorn is great for casings as it breaks apart easily, making a cake with it might become difficult.

You need a PC for grains, this is the nice part with the PF tek, no PC needed, if you got one tho.. fuck the PF tek. go straight to grains and case !!!

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: PooPs]
    #1361965 - 03/10/03 04:29 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

I think the biggest problem with cakes is that they run out of water. Dunking somewhat addresses this issue. You can use grains in your cakes by grinding up the grain in a blender or whatever and substituting that for BRF. You definately need a PC for this hobby period, although some have gotten around it I don't think you can seperate the two teks by the use of a PC. Whole grains are used for spawn and casings. Ground-up grains, BRF and verm are used for cakes. Using grain for spawn is the best for the mushies, and the pf tek is best for the newbe.

OfflineAli
Evil Retard

Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1362208 - 03/10/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

"....Does the PF cake exhaust its energy because of "eating" all of it's food(brf) or because of using it's energy towards growth?"

Does anybody have any idea about this one?

--------------------
I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. YAYYYYYYY!! Now you go!!!!!

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
    #1362232 - 03/10/03 06:20 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

well, the mycelium will eat the food to produce energy to grow fruits, so it's one of the same...???  :confused:.. ehhh... man i'm confused..

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

OfflineAli
Evil Retard

Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: PooPs]
    #1363168 - 03/10/03 12:39 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

What they ment was does the cake stop flushing because it has ran out of food, water ,or both? Or does the cake just simply poop out? I mean in theory if one were able to provide maximum amounts of food and water per cake wouldn't one get maximum amounts of fruit per cake? What i'm saying is is that verm. doesn't supply any nutrients..its only a growing medium taking up space that could be used as food for fruiting primordia. Therefore if one used say an 'all grain' cake that could doulbe as a growing medium wouldnt that produce more mushie per cake??
Thanx

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1363208 - 03/10/03 12:53 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

"....Does the PF cake exhaust its energy because of "eating" all of it's food(brf) or because of using it's energy towards growth?"

Does anybody have any idea about this one?

The cake stops giving flushes and is exhausted from lack of nutrients.
So the cake becomes spent after it runs out of food.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

Loc: Mescaland
    #1363233 - 03/10/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

As long as the mushrooms have water, nutrients, and the right conditions they could potentially produce numerous flushes. As for lasting for ever, well... Nothing lasts forever. Everything expires at some point in time. In other words... If mushrooms had and unlimited amount of resources while growing they could potentially grow for a long time. The problem is... there isn't an unlimited amount of resources within a cake/casing. Once all the resources are used up and/or the conditions become too harsh, the mycellium dies. It seems that everything in nature has its cycles, and there isn't much we can do to change that.

Edited by SHR00M0L0GIST (03/10/03 01:03 PM)

OfflineAli
Evil Retard

Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: Roadkill]
    #1363835 - 03/10/03 04:54 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Well I guess the next question would be which 'food' would supply our little mushies with the most of what they need to produce the most potent of flushes.Considering the variety of habitat in which mushrooms grow in the wild would not each individual 'strain' have (a) certain nutrient(s) needed to make it the most viable(potent) mushroom it can be? Or when you break it down to a molecular level is it omnivorous and not really matter?For instance if you used popcorn Tek instead of BRF would it flush more because it has more food or does BRF have more of what the mushies need...or is it (BRF)more easily brokendown by the mycelium and converted to energy?

--------------------

OfflineAli
Evil Retard

#1364244 - 03/10/03 09:14 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

bump please...;o)

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: Roadkill]
    #1364293 - 03/10/03 10:09 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

How many dry grams of mushrooms is normal for a quart jar of grains?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1364303 - 03/10/03 10:21 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

20-30 g.

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: Grain VS. BRF [Re: Anno]
    #1364327 - 03/10/03 10:56 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

ALi you would be correst in your assumption. Try it. Get rid of the vermiculite in the cake, as it serves no purpose other than keeping the cake held together and supplying it with a little more water. If you have a good watering/replenishing source then I say get rid of the vermiculite. But as the above peeps mentioned it is better to use grain my friend.

The above post is for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed to be real in any way. I am also unaware of any rights I may have, as I suffer from dementia.
- M_L_S

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order