Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
how dry is "cracker dry"?
    #1360105 - 03/09/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

so my friend has picked some mushrooms and dried them by putting them into inside his computer case where the air is flowing around than 64 cubic feet per minute. he also threw in some dessicant packets (kind that come in vitamin bottles)for fun. anyways, he says a small mushroom appears to be cracker dry after only 24 hours of sitting in the computer box. he said that he tapped it against the case and it makes a dry crisp sound. because of this, he thinks the mushrooms are completely dry. however, he is a little paranoid about having his very first crop ruined by comtams (in storage) after all the long/hard work. is this something he should worry about? is 24-48 hours in a high-flowing (airflow) and dry (he lives up north where it is extremely dry in the winter) envionment enough to achieve "cracker dry" status? what kinds of things should he look for when determining if a mushroom is "cracker dry" without snapping them into pieces... ? thank you for your help relieving his worries!
peace

ps. i tried to search in case someone has posted this kind of thing before, but the search function appears to be disabled until shroomery gets some kind of upgrade or something like that. thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: how dry is "cracker dry"? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #1360109 - 03/09/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

eat 10 jacobs crackers without water and its about as dry as the interior of your mouth  :grin:

Basicaly if so dry the crumble when you crumble them :smile:

--------------------
er

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1360110 - 03/09/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

as dry as a cracker

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
    #1360117 - 03/09/03 09:37 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

as dry as a cracker??? of course "cracker dry" is as dry as a cracker, but is there any way to test if you have dried them enough without grinding them up into power?
thanks

Invisibled1giPhux
Stranger
    #1360134 - 03/09/03 09:45 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Well if he used case fans and it was like 24 hrs, i am betting they are dry. You should take a knife and try to cut a piece.. if it cuts all smooth like, then its not "cracker" dry. But if it crumbles and shit when u cut it, your good to go. DOnt worry about "wasting" anything, just keep it in a bag, and use it at whoevers "disposal" at a later time =]

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Re: how dry is "cracker dry"? [Re: d1giPhux]
    #1360142 - 03/09/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Well if he used case fans and it was like 24 hrs, i am betting they are dry. You should take a knife and try to cut a piece.. if it cuts all smooth like, then its not "cracker" dry. But if it crumbles and shit when u cut it, your good to go. DOnt worry about "wasting" anything, just keep it in a bag, and use it at whoevers "disposal" at a later time =]

that's a cool test. thanks for the help. i will tell him to try that on one of them.
peace

InvisibleVoodoo
Stranger

Re: how dry is [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #1360168 - 03/09/03 10:02 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Just take the biggest and snap it in half. If it snaps, its dry. That way you dont have to break more than one if you dont want to.

--------------------
http://www.nramembership.org/

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Re: how dry is [Re: Voodoo]
    #1360200 - 03/09/03 10:18 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

by the way, does anyone know what kind of mold generally attacks imporperly dried stored mushrooms? has anyone ever had a sac go bad? what would this mold look like if it did happen - is it generally a fuzzy mold that can easily be spotted? OR, does it somehow mold internally (or hidden somehow) and then when eaten, you get sick and/or die?
thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale