Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: string cheese incident [Re: ifoundwaldo] * 1
    #13419151 -

is music no longer subjective?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: ifoundwaldo] * 1
    #13419179 -

Anyone who says the jam scene sucks must be hanging around the wrong people or going for the wrong reasons. If you love music and are there to have a good time, you'll always meet great people and have lots of fun. Of course there are always assholes and scumbag fuckheads but they are outnumbered by the cool folks.

I've been to plenty of shows and this weekend was my first two SCI shows. I thought they were awesome, but I did think the first night was better. The Biscuits were great too. My only complaint was that my friends were being sorta lame by hanging together on the side. I like to hang out dead center about 15 - 20ft from the stage where all the awesome music loving folks rage. I didn't have as much fun this weekend as I've had at other shows, but overall it was great.

As for other jam bands, STS9 and the Biscuits seem to have the "worst" crowds. To me that's how it's been, but I've always ran into great people and it's always been a lot of fun.

and moe. is the fucking shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: McTwist]
    #13419198 -

Bisco kids can be pretty scummy, but so can deadheads/phish phans.  Lots of good people though.  Moedown is pretty scummy too from what I've heard.  The fact that there is so many drugs and so much money at shows brings out a bad element to a lot of shows.  The less money to be made, usually the better the vibe.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: fapjack]
    #13419370 -

Quote:
I just saw sci last night at teh hampton coliseum and they were great. RP is crazy.



Quote:
2nd set of the 2nd night was probably the worst set



It was really the second set that ruined it for me. there were times I was really enjoying it 1st set, but the second set was so unimpressive and followed by the fight during the break I was not in a good head space. Did either of you guys see or hear about the fight? like I said it was pretty big, but no one seemed to notice.

also I agree with everyone who's defending phish, they jam better than almost anyone else, anyone see the Mike Gordon Band? I really like them, its chill music.

and McTwist, thank you, Moe. IS the fucking shit.

Edited by Dr. P. Silocybin (11/01/10 05:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: Dr. P. Silocybin]
    #13419454 -

goofy bass noises can ruin any good trip

may i suggest some dubstep?


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: AntiEverything] * 1
    #13419603 -

Oh shit, you listen to dubstep, brah?

You're way ahead of the curve.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: wildchild68]
    #13419645 -

I heard Mike Gordon touches children

:pedobear:


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: Dr. P. Silocybin]
    #13419777 -

That whole show was amazing. Sorry to hear you freaked out. I enjoyed both nights, but second night third set was epic.  I noticed my younger friends didn't really enjoy the second set while my older friends absolutely loved it, I was kinda in the middle on it. Groove is in the Heart was pretty tight.

As far as "the fight" is concerned, it's 2010....not the summer of love. You're god damn right you'll get punched in the face if you act like a fool.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #13419816 -

I haven't seen Cheese since 2007 but it seems like they used to be better back around 2000 or so.

I love the atmosphere at their shows though, they have a good vibe.

Apparently they are going to throw their own festival at the Rothbury site next summer. :awesome:

ChiefThunderbong said:
As far as "the fight" is concerned, it's 2010....not the summer of love. You're god damn right you'll get punched in the face if you act like a fool.



:lolsy:


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: Adamist]
    #13419993 -

This thread needs some quality tunes with a positive message from some intelligent people.



--------------------
something :mushroom2:
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.
:pm: SPORES FOR TRADE: :pm: None atm :frown:
WANTED: Stamps... pachanoi... achuma... posters... art... fun, interesting, or useful items

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: Adamist]
    #13420011 -

My hotel did get completely out of control after the show saturday. Just an all out party, egged on by a crew selling gas blatantly. Someone set off some great fireworks in the parking lot, and cabs were rolling in and out nonstop. We had to stand outside the room and watch the car the crowd was getting so big and out of control, and when the cops started rolling through the kids running balloons tried to run up in one of our rooms and hide. It was pretty funny how quick they went from "3 for $20" to "I'll hook you up man, just lemme use your bathroom". Answer was a firm no on both accounts.

After the first sweep I retreated upstairs to the other room and heard a lot of yelling next door and noticed the window was broken. I tried asking the kid what happened and he explained he had come with some "bitches" and there had been an "incident" at the show. He showed me the blood on his shirt and his busted knuckles. I told him to calm down, and told him he better make sure the window was broken from the outside, not the inside....because it certainly wasn't him who did it. Before I could get any more details about his story, he darted down the stairs real fast and I turned around to see the cops sweeping a second time. I decided it would be a bad idea to make them tell me a third time and stayed the fuck inside after that.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: Adamist]
    #13420584 -

Adamist said:
I love the atmosphere at [String Cheese] shows though, they have a good vibe.

Apparently they are going to throw their own festival at the Rothbury site next summer. :awesome:




I definitely agree with you about the String Cheese vibe. I don't go to their shows expecting to hear anything mind-blowing, I just like the mellow vibes they exude.

Can you give me more info about this SCI takes over Rothbury event?

:awecid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: theconduit]
    #13420763 -

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I googled the band name origin out of curiosity and this is what I found:

"The band had a run-in with law enforcement (got pulled over or something) and had mushrooms. When questioned about what was in the bag, they supposedly claimed it was "string cheese" and were believed. Hence - the "String Cheese Incident."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: Newbie]
    #13421021 -

thats pretty epic if that's true


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: g00ru]
    #13421046 -

Hey y'all, check out the String Cheese Incident's photos from the show on Facebook.  There are 60 of them.  #6 is of my 4 best friends (who were dressed as the ninja turtles) and some other people who happened to be dressed similarly.

THe drunk fuck front/center is my best friend hahahahahahahahah sloppy asshole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #13422181 -

ChiefThunderbong said:
My hotel did get completely out of control after the show saturday. Just an all out party, egged on by a crew selling gas blatantly. Someone set off some great fireworks in the parking lot, and cabs were rolling in and out nonstop. We had to stand outside the room and watch the car the crowd was getting so big and out of control, and when the cops started rolling through the kids running balloons tried to run up in one of our rooms and hide. It was pretty funny how quick they went from "3 for $20" to "I'll hook you up man, just lemme use your bathroom". Answer was a firm no on both accounts.

After the first sweep I retreated upstairs to the other room and heard a lot of yelling next door and noticed the window was broken. I tried asking the kid what happened and he explained he had come with some "bitches" and there had been an "incident" at the show. He showed me the blood on his shirt and his busted knuckles. I told him to calm down, and told him he better make sure the window was broken from the outside, not the inside....because it certainly wasn't him who did it. Before I could get any more details about his story, he darted down the stairs real fast and I turned around to see the cops sweeping a second time. I decided it would be a bad idea to make them tell me a third time and stayed the fuck inside after that.




were you at the days inn? I heard fireworks from inside the room...and there was nitrous under the stairs lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: theconduit]
    #13422427 -

theconduit said:
Can you give me more info about this SCI takes over Rothbury event?

:awecid:



http://stringcheeseradio.com/festivals/the-rothbury-incident-2011

We’re also planning on doing something next summer at the Rothbury site. That will be a weekend festival with a lot of String Cheese sets. It’ll be different from Rothbury in that it will be more like our thing at Horning’s, where String Cheese plays every night, and it will include bands in our String Cheese family with art installations and that kind of thing.”



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: RobMarley420]
    #13422460 -

This thread needs more String Cheese!

SCI - Sometimes A River


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: RobMarley420]
    #13422470 -

.....:rofl2:

cool story bro
:billymaythumbup:

nice fairy music xD


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: string cheese incident [Re: AntiEverything]
    #13422537 -

:dudewtf:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* string cheese incident tuesday baby! psikooz 1,325 12 07/19/04 11:13 PM
by nicechrisman
* string cheese incident *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Jdawg2013 2,341 24 07/27/05 12:35 PM
by ShattrdHarlequin
* Phish Tonight.
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 3,469 35 06/21/04 01:45 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Phish
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Adom 14,077 116 12/21/02 08:43 AM
by
* Johnny Cash and String Cheese
( 1 2 all )
Cherk 2,732 27 09/30/03 11:58 PM
by Stubaby
* 10/22-The Second Annual Pirates Incident Rebirtha 493 2 10/16/05 01:22 PM
by Dimmy
* String Cheese
( 1 2 3 4 all )
BluMonkee 6,275 67 12/29/03 01:49 AM
by Help on the Way
* string cheese anybody?
( 1 2 3 all )
psikooz 1,953 43 07/02/04 12:56 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,634 topic views. 3 members, 21 guests and 181 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.