Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: gonzo422]
    #13338717 -

I can't believe nobody here likes Jefferson Airplane

They were the first band to make blatant, open pro-psychedelic music.


Won't You Try/Saturday Afternoon;
-----
When your head is feelin' fine
you can ride inside our car
I will give you caps of blue and silver sunlight for your hair
and all that soon will be, is what you need to see my love
won't you try
with love before we're gone
won't you try?

Saturday afternoon;
yellow clouds rising in balloons
Acid, incense, and balloons..

Saturday afternoon
people dancing everywhere
loudly shouting "I don't care!"
Its a time for growing, and a time for knowing love



The Ballad of You & Me & Pooneil;
------
If you were a bird and you lived very high,
You'd lean on the wind when the breeze came by,
You'd say to the wind as it took you away,
That's where I wanted to go today"
And I do know that I need to have you around...

Love like a mountain springtime,
flashing through the rivers of my mind;
it's what I feel for you.

You and me go walking south
And we see all the world around us,
The colors blind my eyes and my mind to all but you,

And I do know that I need to have you around,
And I do, I do know that I need to have you around.

I have a house where I can go
When there's too many people around me;
I can sit and watch all the people
Down below goin' by me;
Halfway down the stairs is a stair
Where I sit and think around you and me;
But I wonder will the sun still see all the people goin' by.
Will the moon still hang in the sky when I die?
When I die
when I'm high
when I die?
If you were a cloud and you sailed up there,
You'd sail on water as blue as air,
You'd see me here in the fields and say,
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"


--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: gonzo422]
    #13338720 -

Yeah, Starship was awful.

Airplane, on the other hand, owned.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: LSDXM]
    #13338724 -

We Can Be Together;

We can be together,
Ah you and me..

We should be together

We are all outlaws in the eyes of america
In order to survive we steal cheat lie forge hide and deal
We are obscene lawless hideous dangerous dirty violent and young

But we should be together
Come on all you people standing around
Our life's too fine to let it die and

We can be together

All your private property is
Target for your enemy
And your enemy is we

We are forces of chaos and anarchy
Everything they say we are we are
And we are very
Proud of ourselves

Up against the wall
Up against the wall mother fucker
Tear down the walls
Tear down the walls

Come on now together
Get it on together
Everybody together

We should be together
We should be together my friends
We can be together
We will be

We must begin here and now
A new continent of earth and fire
Come on now gettin higher and higher

Tear down the walls
Tear down the walls
Tear down the walls
Won't you try?


--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: gonzo422]
    #13340047 -

gonzo422 said:
I love Grace.  Awesome voice and beautiful too.  I like most of the Airplane stuff (Saturday Afternoon, Today, etc.).  Once they went Starship, I deplaned...



Yeah I hear you on that. I'm not a big Starship fan either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: eritas]
    #13340100 -

eritas said:
i fucking love the song lather by jefferson airplane
nobody ever talks about that song but its so great



AWESOME song. Also "Greasy Heart" is a lesser known favorite of mine.
(Lips are drawn upon her face in come-to-me tattoo.
Creamy suntan color that fades when she bathes.)

Jefferson Airplane ROCKED! One of the best bands to come out of the San Francisco acid scene.

Grace Slick's vocals...Jorma's guitar(nothing sounds quite like it)...and, of course, JACK CASSADY'S BASS(one of the best bass players of all time, many modern bass players cite him as a HUGE influence)...

The entire "After Bathing At Baxter's" album is (arguably) the GREATEST acid album of all time. Up there with "Electric Ladyland" or "Electric Music for the Mind and Body."

Live versions of "The Ballad of You, Me, & Pooneil" ROCK with spine tingling feedback sequences. Love that song.

Their mainstream songs are nice and all, but that's not even where they're at IMHO.

"She Has Funny Cars", "3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds", "Embryonic Journey", "Young Girl Sunday Blues", "Lather", "Greasy Heart", "EAT STARCH MOM" (great little gem)... etc. etc.

THIS is what I think of when I think of Jefferson Airplane. This band blew minds wide open and can continue to do so if you give them a chance. :wink:


--------------------

Edited by ifoundwaldo (10/15/10 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #13341237 -

^^^:heart: :heart: :heart:


--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Grace Slick [Re: LSDXM]
    #13341965 -

Trippin out to Jefferson Airplane is like flying first class! It makes the ride so much better!!:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Grace Slick
( 1 2 all )
Dreamer987 10,285 30 11/06/05 04:14 PM
by creamrocks
* Because Grace Slick rocks trendalM 600 3 01/31/07 10:47 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Grace slick > Janis Joplin
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Psy Baba 52,794 72 01/03/11 09:45 AM
by arago
* Jefferson Airplane
( 1 2 3 all )
glimmi 7,908 48 11/28/12 04:52 AM
by gonzo422
* Jefferson Airplane, what a great band.
( 1 2 all )
creamrocks 3,935 21 06/03/05 04:50 PM
by creamrocks
* Anyone else hear listen to Jefferson Airplane? Shroom_Herder 1,186 12 12/19/04 01:01 PM
by Phychotron
* Women Who Rock
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,261 38 01/13/05 08:22 PM
by ricochet
* LSD special on the History channel john706 793 6 10/01/04 08:49 AM
by Silven

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,065 topic views. 1 members, 54 guests and 113 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.