Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least)[purchased one]
    #13203057 -

Ok

So I need a good midi controller keyboard

I will use it to run VST instruments from a laptop--->PA or amp

Mostly stuff like Native Instruments B4

because a hammond is too expensive and moving my rhodes is alot of trouble, and my rhodes needs hella work.

what say you mushroomery types about this?

oh, im looking for best quality, action, and best value. 

enlighten me.

please!


--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

Edited by OLD FOOT HASH (10/06/10 01:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: Disco Forever]
    #13214018 -

I cant answer this completely but the akai makes a midi controller, im not sure if its more than 49 keys though, but its well worth it. Ive got an akai mpd 32 and I can vouch they're a good brand, + I have Friends who have the midi controller and they think its great.

My mate has an m-audio midi keyboard, ill get the make and post it in a bit but he says overall its a good controller, both the akai and m-audio model work great with the usual software, reason, logic, cubase etc and samples from library's.

Both good quality machines, what u mean by action though?! the akai midi controller maybe between 3 and €400 while the m-audio could fetch €600, just rough estimates but the m-audio is more expensive but probably alot better, hopefully anyway for that price!


--------------------
I tripped balls without the aid of psychedelics and became one with the universe. I travelled far from this reality and left my ego behind. Enlightenment revealed itself to me, I was overwhelmed. I was reborn!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: imCKmush]
    #13214057 -

m-audio axiom pro 61


--------------------
I tripped balls without the aid of psychedelics and became one with the universe. I travelled far from this reality and left my ego behind. Enlightenment revealed itself to me, I was overwhelmed. I was reborn!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: imCKmush]
    #13216928 -

good lookin out, gonna check them out some akais now...  i saw a few m audio's i liked but i wanted to check out other options and opinions

by action i mean the manner in which the key responds to my playing.

thanks brah

-LT


--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: Disco Forever]
    #13216946 -

Ok I played the axiom pro 61 and I was disappointed, u have to put extra pressure on the keys for it to sound. Its not as responsive as my normal keyboard. U can lightly tap the keys on that for it to sound. If your used to playing a keyboard thats very responsive it may take awhile to adjust to heavy keys. I should hope theres a setting to adjust the pressure it takes to strike a sound.
And no problem man, let me know which one u get and how it works out for ya


--------------------
I tripped balls without the aid of psychedelics and became one with the universe. I travelled far from this reality and left my ego behind. Enlightenment revealed itself to me, I was overwhelmed. I was reborn!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: imCKmush]
    #13296793 -

http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/M-Audio-Axiom-61-61Key-USB-MIDI-Keyboard-Controller-?sku=706315

thats what i got

especially because of the sliders for the drawbars in native instruments b4


--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: Disco Forever]
    #13298350 -

Damn.. you ended up gettin an Axiom :frown: im not a big m-audio fan. I bought an AKAI MPK49 a month ago


--------------------


"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes" - Corey Taylor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: s0ulfire]
    #13298763 -

the price, number of keys, and features are right for what I need.


--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Midi Controller Keyboard Suggestions(49 key at least) [Re: Disco Forever]
    #13324268 -



--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MIDI ? Adamist 571 2 06/11/03 07:04 PM
by Rob_K
* cool product for people that make music with software. Smack31 1,097 5 02/02/03 01:30 AM
by blatant astro newbie
* Long time musician needs help getting into electronic/synth Noviseer 1,623 11 01/31/04 05:29 AM
by Noviseer
* Post deleted by Anno Anonymous 886 6 10/20/04 03:42 PM
by Th3_Saint
* My music, please listen and tell me what you think! chemcrusader 2,007 18 07/29/04 01:05 PM
by Drone
* Computer recording w/ keyboard
( 1 2 all )
abhi 3,149 20 09/20/04 07:11 PM
by abhi
* Anyone any good keyboard/piano programs? adamj 429 0 10/02/04 07:24 PM
by adamj
* If you know about MIDI, help me out... moog 911 10 04/20/05 04:52 PM
by FleaAccela

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,025 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.