Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes
    #1328522 -


WASHINGTON, DC--More than three years after his Jan. 20 inauguration, the realization that George W. Bush is actually president of the United States finally hit the American people...


--------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1328523 -

whadda hell you talkin' bout?


--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: zandorf]
    #1328529 -

The fact of the Bush presidency, which sunk in with most Americans sometime between 11 a.m. Sunday and 4 p.m. Tuesday, has stunned citizens of all races, ages, income levels, and party affiliations.

"Whoa," said Bill Wylecszki, 38, a Odessa, TX, grocery-store owner. "George W. Bush, former owner of the Texas Rangers and failed oilman, is president. This is too weird."

"I guess with the media circus and all the other craziness surrounding the election-recount fiasco, I just kind of looked at it like it was some sort of funny TV show," said Amanda Milner, 37, a Red Wing, MN, bank teller. "I never really thought about it as something that was actually happening. And once Bush finally got sworn in, I don't know, I suppose I must've just subconsciously assumed that there would be another recount or another election in a few months or something."

Americans hit with the sudden realization have reported feelings of nervousness, confusion, and disorientation. The effects are said to be fairly uniform across the nation, with a particularly high concentration in Florida.

"A few nights ago, I was watching The Tonight Show, and [Jay] Leno was making some typical joke about Bush?you know, the kind we've all heard a thousand times before?and I was thinking, 'Boy, wouldn't it be bizarre if he actually got elected?'" said Ocala, FL, homemaker and mother of four Janis Niering. "Then it hit me: 'Wait a minute?I think he was.'"

Even months after Inauguration Day, the presidential situation never really dawned on most Americans. This, political experts say, was largely due to the fact that former president Bill Clinton continued to dominate the news through much of February, March, and April, while the media paid little attention to Bush.

"The stolen White House furniture, the missing Ws from the White House computers, the Clinton office in Harlem, the whole Marc Rich pardon thing... it just seemed like Clinton was still president," said Mary Ellen Buis of Salina, KS. "I know that doesn't make sense, but that's what it was like."

"Evidently, I should have taken it all a lot more seriously," Buis continued. "I mean, he's apparently going to be our leader for the next four years, minimum. But who knew?"

Even Republican Party leaders have expressed surprise over Bush's occupancy of the White House.

"Early in the presidential race, we all expected Bush to get stomped by Al Gore," Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) said. "But once the race got tight, we were so excited that we might actually win, it was sort of unreal. But I'm not sure we ever really gave much thought to the idea that it might actually happen. It was more like some strange dream or something."

Pausing to rub his eyes and shake his head, Hatch added, "Wow."

For the first 24 hours after the mass realization, Bush remained silent on his status as president. This, political analysts say, was because the full scope of the truth had only begun to dawn on him, as well. After conferring with top advisors in a six-hour closed-door session, Bush finally addressed the nation Tuesday evening.

"My fellow Americans," Bush said. "God, it sounds so weird to actually be saying that. Anyway, I know we've all had a bit of a shock lately. To be honest with you, I'm a bit blown away by it all myself. But it appears that, for whatever reason, I am now the leader of the free world. And that's something we're all, myself included, going to have to get used to."

Added Bush: "Any comments or advice anyone might have would be welcome at this time."



--------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: zandorf]
    #1328534 -

Just some good stories from here


--------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1328924 -

Who the hell is George Bush?


:tongue: 


--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1329019 -

I think he played right wing for the Bruins in '74... :wink:


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1331121 -

And im still waiting to wake up! :shocked:


--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1331127 -

Don't bother. You should stay asleep.


--------------------
I hope all bleeding hearts Die from bloodloss!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1331156 -

:wink: :smirk: :wink:

...sounds like someones a little annoyed at the comments i made against them....
relax bro, our opinions just differ completely!  i have no hostility towards ya!


--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1331163 -

...i wish i could!...

stay asleep that is! Its prferable to the nightmare thats about to unfold!


--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (02/24/03 08:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1331226 -

Nah, no hostility here.................................basturd!!! :smirk:


--------------------
I hope all bleeding hearts Die from bloodloss!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1331415 -

:frown: :frown: :frown:










:smile:


--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bush Actually President, Nation Suddenly Realizes [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1332139 -

That's fuckin gay....



--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* More Evidence Bush Misled Nation somebodyelse 863 6 07/08/03 11:49 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Cato Policy Analysis - Bush's National Security Strategy afoaf 694 5 11/05/03 03:02 PM
by Rono
* BEYOND BUSH - Part I RonoS 1,602 12 07/02/03 03:07 PM
by Rono
* ex-CIA group's letter to Bush Edame 1,215 4 07/15/03 01:28 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Bush: I was protecting you from a madman Zahid 283 0 10/09/03 11:06 PM
by Zahid
* American voters lose faith in Bush's foreign policy
( 1 2 all )
Zahid 2,329 20 10/14/03 06:57 PM
by Zahid
* Bush's campaign ad infidelGOD 453 0 12/01/03 01:01 PM
by infidelGOD
* Turkey Bush held was a fake
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 4,167 53 12/07/03 04:32 PM
by Bhairabas

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,149 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.