Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13249416 -

it makes more sense to drink marketed breast milk.:drooling:

well..maybe not marketed. its gotta be from a known, eager source.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: laserpig]
    #13249417 -

laserpig said:
Prisoner#1 said:
laserpig said:
apparently pretty much all adult mammals are lactose intolerant



I dont buy that, I've never had an issue, most people I know dont seem to either



it's a fact

as i explained, humans are the exception because over the course of tens of thousands of years we have cultivated cattle and were apparently hell-bent on eating their lactation products
thus we basically bred lactose intolerance out of our population, at least to a very large extent




that would be backward as if we insist on drinking milk then surely our
bodies would become accustomed to it through evolution as well as simple
physiological changes that occur through our lives

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Tien]
    #13249424 -

Tien said:
adult cows drink milk?




yes, even from other cows

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Shroomism]
    #13249426 -

Shroomism said:
even cows don't drink cows milk after infancy..
in fact we are the only species that drinks milk after infancy.... and we drink another species milk.



I always here people say stuff like this, but really it seems like bullshit. My cat LOVES milk, the only reason he doesn't drink it naturally is because he can't milk cows himself... same for some other animals. And being the "only" of something that does something is more often than not a good thing (only species that uses internet...)


--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13249430 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13249437 -

i'm not trying to say milk is indigestible, that is obviously false, i'm just saying it's a pretty atypical food source for animals such as ourselves

give it up for 6 - 8 months, then see how you react to it
try the same experiment rice
one of them will require a substantial readjustment period, the other will not
to me that's a clue about which one our bodies are better designed to handle


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Atheist]
    #13249441 -

Atheist said:
I put away a gallon of 2% every two days pretty much, so half a gallon a day. I'm also starting to think that I'm somewhat addicted to it because I crave it so much sometimes, like its a thirst that only milk can quench. I drink water and juice as well, barely sodas/energys...

Do you love milk?



Milk is my life saver.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: laserpig]
    #13249471 -

laserpig said:
i'm not trying to say milk is indigestible, that is obviously false, i'm just saying it's a pretty atypical food source for animals such as ourselves

give it up for 6 - 8 months, then see how you react to it
try the same experiment rice
one of them will require a substantial readjustment period, the other will not
to me that's a clue about which one our bodies are better designed to handle



dude... if I gave up tobacco and went back to it, it would take a
readjustment period to go back to consuming it again, just like giving
up any number of hundreds of foods, I can give up hot peppers for 2
months and the first time I eat something spicy I'll spend a day on a
toilet, correlation is not causation


according to National Health... 10% of the US is lactose intolerant at
the age of 20, not 100%, not 98% or even 50%

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000276.htm
Quote:
Approximately 30 million American adults have some amount of lactose intolerance by age 20.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13249499 -

Prisoner#1 said:




They're not drinking milk, cows like to 69 also.

I don't like milk.. except soy and almond. NUM!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13249558 -

Prisoner#1 said:
laserpig said:
give it up for 6 - 8 months, then see how you react to it
try the same experiment rice
one of them will require a substantial readjustment period, the other will not
to me that's a clue about which one our bodies are better designed to handle



dude... if I gave up tobacco and went back to it, it would take a
readjustment period to go back to consuming it again



airtight argument right there


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Atheist]
    #13249861 -

Milk washes shit down like nothing else can.
It will always hold a special place in my little heart.


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Atheist]
    #13249911 -

I used to drink a gallon of whole milk every 2 days, but I don't drink it as often anymore.  I maybe drink a gallon or 2 a week now.  Its expensive.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: fapjack]
    #13249941 -

I hear ya man. If I've got it I will literally drink a gallon per day,sometimes more. I get the feeling its not very healthy but meh. :shrug:


--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Psilo_Subliminal]
    #13250059 -

The only reason milk should be in liquid form, eg. not cheese is for cooking, cereal, oatmeal, and that is about it.
Oh, sometimes soaking things in it that will be cooked later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: 4runner]
    #13250081 -

What about cookies?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: 4runner]
    #13250085 -

milk tastes soooo rich after not drinking it for a year or two. i can barely stomach it. feels like i'm lubin' up my insides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13250088 -

Prisoner#1 said:
laserpig said:
Prisoner#1 said:
laserpig said:
apparently pretty much all adult mammals are lactose intolerant



I dont buy that, I've never had an issue, most people I know dont seem to either



it's a fact

as i explained, humans are the exception because over the course of tens of thousands of years we have cultivated cattle and were apparently hell-bent on eating their lactation products
thus we basically bred lactose intolerance out of our population, at least to a very large extent




that would be backward as if we insist on drinking milk then surely our
bodies would become accustomed to it through evolution as well as simple
physiological changes that occur through our lives



Which is exactly what he's saying. Unlike most other adult mammals, humans continue to drink milk and are able to because they have for so long out of whatever necessity or desire. Not all humans become lactose intolerant, or at least find milk less agreeable as they get older, but it is generally accepted the reason this does happen is because it's "not natural" (though I hate that phrase). It's typically not in a mammal's nature to drink milk beyond childhood.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: fapjack]
    #13250094 -

fapjack said:
What about cookies?



:homerdoh3:

Got me there, brownies, cake... ya know. I guess that is a givin. Not much into eating sweets but I do love it with milk. Oh crap I just remembered I do crave it when I eat spaghetti...????. (childhood thing I think)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: 4runner]
    #13250103 -

Fuckin' spaghetti and pizza man. I love milk with those two foods. Probably also a childhood thing. We had pizza every Friday and I wasn't allowed to drink soda (makes no sense, I know), so I only ever drank milk and water as a kid. Don't drink milk so much anymore though. Water is cheaper.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think i drink way too much milk [Re: jewunit]
    #13250117 -

When I was a kid Thursday was pizza night and yes, milk goes good there to. Odd though I don't remember if I was allowed soda or not. I would guess that would be the night I could have had "a" soda. I know with spaghetti I would not have been able too.
Funny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Got Milk? SkorpivoMusterion 2,044 13 12/04/03 08:22 PM
by orizon
* What type of tea do you suggest to drink?
( 1 2 all )
boO 5,966 31 02/20/03 12:19 PM
by Morphrying
* Milk
( 1 2 3 all )
Psilocybeingzz 7,292 56 08/20/03 08:42 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* what is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
( 1 2 all )
TODAY 3,644 31 03/02/04 05:09 PM
by TheBear
* Why is organic milk so damn good?
( 1 2 all )
Corporal Kielbasa 5,217 36 03/18/09 06:00 PM
by Gr33nTree73
* Need a GOOD and Cheap mixed drink.. felix 2,030 19 12/18/03 02:12 PM
by DailyPot
* Finally after five years, I've found it etard 1,189 5 09/18/03 08:30 AM
by SummerBreeze
* beer and milk Turd 595 5 12/03/03 12:54 AM
by Turd

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,336 topic views. 6 members, 47 guests and 213 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.