Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies!
    #13136992 -

Hey guys. I'll be applying to transfer to a Cal State school from my community college in October. Just wondering if there is anybody out there that has transferred from a CC to a uni? Did you get accepted to the school(s) you wanted? My main concern is actually getting accepted, seeing as how the budget cuts and impact of my major (Psychology) in California is creating a decline in students being accepted. My current GPA is 3.3 so it's not the best but i'm just not sure. Looking to get into Cal State Long Beach.

I've joined Psych club as well as 3 honors societies to help my application and personal statement look good. Do you think anything else will help my chances?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: imagine]
    #13137176 -

I think you should be accepted to a majority of schools.

If they deny you, they don't get your money.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: badchad]
    #13137594 -

I think you'll be in good shape, I recently transferred between state schools. But anyway, there's really only one way to find out! :sun:


--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: imagine]
    #13138033 -

Just do it.  I transfered from a CC to a big state school.  I started off out-of-state at a moderately-sized four-year school and wound up failing all of my classes.  Then I went to a CC near home and got 4.0's in back-to-back semesters, then transferred to the major public school in my state.  I think my very honest essay explaining my academic path and my growth as a person was one of the key determining factors. 

It sounds like you should be in good shape.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: Lion]
    #13138295 -

Cool, thanks guys! I've just read a few statistics about the acceptance rate and it makes me nervous:

In 2009, there were 68,851 students who applied. Only 22,030 were accepted.

badchad, this is true, but there are also SO MANY students applying to these colleges that they have NO MORE ROOM for people!

deekay, thanks.

Lion, good for you for turning everything back around. I hope your studies are continuing to grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: imagine]
    #13138499 -

I plan on doing the same, but hopefully leaving the state. Going from Community College of Philadelphia to maybe Boulder? Maybe somewhere in California? If I stay in state maybe UPenn? I'm not sure. I was accepted to most schools I applied to first time around but financial troubles got me to go to CCP first. Having good SAT's and ACT's won't hurt your case either if you still have those.

Hopefully those colleges will still accept me!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: lsdank268]
    #13139932 -

lsdank268 said:
I plan on doing the same, but hopefully leaving the state. Going from Community College of Philadelphia to maybe Boulder? Maybe somewhere in California? If I stay in state maybe UPenn? I'm not sure. I was accepted to most schools I applied to first time around but financial troubles got me to go to CCP first. Having good SAT's and ACT's won't hurt your case either if you still have those.

Hopefully those colleges will still accept me!




What was your GPA? Did you have any extracurricular activities as well?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: imagine]
    #13145158 -

High School: 4.02 (yeah its possible..went to one of the best public High Schools in the country,Central High School in Philadelphia, every class you get 1.1 credits, and honors/AP courses were 1.2) and played baseball(state semis twice) and wrestling(qualified for states only year on team), have on record going to court to try to get a hockey team, and was in a few minor clubs. Also received a Bachelors in Arts Degree instead of a diploma..who the fuck needs college with one of those?

At Community my GPA is a 3.88(fucking English...its hard going from writing 10 page papers to trying to fit all your thoughts on 1), have no extracurricular activities though...played sports outside of school and the student council was retarded.

Hoping all this is good enough to transfer...I was accepted into most schools but I fucked up financial aid and why pay so much for the first few credits when you can get just as good a class for way cheaper.


--------------------

Edited by lsdank268 (09/03/10 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those experienced with transferring to state univeristies! [Re: imagine]
    #13145168 -

You sound like you have alot of things going for you.

Good for you.

:smile:


--------------------
"There can be but little liberty on Earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How much weight do extracurricular activities carry for college admissions?
( 1 2 all )
McTwist 1,763 27 11/17/11 10:45 PM
by Me_Roy
* Extracurricular Activities memes 664 10 10/28/07 06:02 PM
by Innominate
* To the citizens of the United States of America
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 4,251 22 11/08/04 11:52 PM
by kadakuda
* 2 sided fear and a state of being ParrotDucks 1,508 10 03/27/03 01:26 AM
by ParrotDucks
* A Solution to the Drug Problems of the United States and many other countries. adoseofparn0z 984 4 11/14/04 05:25 AM
by kindkesey
* Best State? Worst State?
( 1 2 3 all )
Gijith 8,206 55 07/25/12 07:48 AM
by Adden
* Acceptable greiving period after breakup?
( 1 2 all )
xmercury 2,350 31 09/18/04 12:08 AM
by Bully
* Seperation of Church and State NikolaiMcGreggor 1,143 10 03/29/04 08:39 PM
by TheShroomHermit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
480 topic views. 7 members, 36 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.