Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Hunting rumor.
    #13103593 -

Somebody please tell me how the rumor "You have to go early in the morning" got started?? I get so aggravated when know it all kids tell me that I "Have" to go early in the morning. Or in the morning at all. I just want to put them in a triangle choke and shut them up!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: dWarriors88]
    #13103597 -

dWarriors88 said:
Somebody please tell me how the rumor "You have to go early in the morning" got started?? I get so aggravated when know it all kids tell me that I "Have" to go early in the morning. Or in the morning at all. I just want to put them in a triangle choke and shut them up!



Early bird gets the worm. - Anon


--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: Darklight203]
    #13103604 -

Certainly helps to have your shrooms not trampled and covered in dog shit.

That's an opinion, btw, not a fact.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: elprawn]
    #13103619 -

It really depends on where you live and the level of competition from other mushroom hunters that you have in your area.

If you live in an area where there isn't much pressure from other hunters, then it doesn't really matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: Chaos_ultt]
    #13103635 -

I see... I didn't really think of it like that. Is there some sort of courtesy rule for a patch? If/ when I find a patch of weilii, should i leave about 1/2 for someone else.

I didn't think we were really competing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: dWarriors88]
    #13103682 -

lol, courtesy rule. Its picking an illegal drug from nature, not buying an 8th with a friend


--------------------


A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: dWarriors88]
    #13103684 -

dWarriors88 said:
I see... I didn't really think of it like that. Is there some sort of courtesy rule for a patch? If/ when I find a patch of weilii, should i leave about 1/2 for someone else.

I didn't think we were really competing.



Courtesy my arse. On public land? Every man for himself... and that's why you keep that shit to yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: elprawn]
    #13103723 -

In morel season I'm up well before the sun, and I like to get into the woods before actual daybreak.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: Chaos_ultt]
    #13103739 -

Chaos_ultt said:
In morel season I'm up well before the sun, and I like to get into the woods before actual daybreak.



How can you see anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: dWarriors88]
    #13103746 -

dWarriors88 said:
Chaos_ultt said:
In morel season I'm up well before the sun, and I like to get into the woods before actual daybreak.



How can you see anything?



By rubbing two pieces of flint together very regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: elprawn]
    #13103753 -

Heh I don't actually hunt in the dark, but it takes awhile to walk to the spots

:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: elprawn]
    #13103759 -

Hmm... Alright than. When I find a patch. I'll pick everything I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: dWarriors88]
    #13104280 -

Pick everything you need, not everything you can, don't be wasteful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: HerbBaker]
    #13104286 -

HerbBaker said:
Pick everything you need, not everything you can, don't be wasteful.



Which means making sure you know what it is that you're looking for!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: HerbBaker]
    #13104304 -

Its smart not to pick every mushroom you find in a patch. I always leave at least a few to spore and decay to make sure they don't quit growing there. As far as going early in the morning, I also think it depends on the mushrooms your hunting. Cubies are a mushroom you want to go early for imo.


--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: phishhead]
    #13104399 -

Surely they'll keep growing as long as the mycelium is still there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: elprawn]
    #13104466 -

If the mushroom can't complete it's life cycle as it evolved to do then it may have consequences further down the line. The mushrooms fruits and mycellium are part of the same organism so if you pick a mushroom you remove part of the organism. Perhaps more mushrooms will fruit in order to compensate though. Doubt anybody really knows. Probably is sensible not to overpick if you want lots of mushrooms in the future, just to be safe. Respect the shrooms and maybe they'll be good to you back.


--------------------
All posts by Lanceata are entirely artistic works of fiction and have no basis in reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: Lanceata]
    #13104476 -

Okay, thanks mate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: elprawn]
    #13104477 -

i will add that some species like conocybes dont have a very long life span too. so they may be up i morning and already gone by the afternoon. so if i want more conocybes i have to be there in the morning. :shrug:
plus i will add that in mushroom season here, it gets really really foggy in the mornings which provides extra cover while sneaking through farmer johns field.
and the early bird gets the worm is the big one.

those are reasons why i hunt in the morning.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunting rumor. [Re: Lanceata]
    #13104491 -

Lanceata said:
If the mushroom can't complete it's life cycle as it evolved to do then it may have consequences further down the line. The mushrooms fruits and mycellium are part of the same organism so if you pick a mushroom you remove part of the organism. Perhaps more mushrooms will fruit in order to compensate though. Doubt anybody really knows. Probably is sensible not to overpick if you want lots of mushrooms in the future, just to be safe. Respect the shrooms and maybe they'll be good to you back.




By the time you find a fully developed mushroom, it has already released millions of spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is overpicking a problem? Anonymous 2,448 18 07/27/02 10:17 PM
by Abyss
* scizzors? overpicking? questions greenpastures 1,033 5 12/11/04 08:09 AM
by mjshroomer
* Azure Hunting (PICS)
( 1 2 all )
Kevin 6,439 29 12/10/02 10:23 AM
by Nirvhead
* TEXAS HUNTING (texan only thread)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
acoustic 19,396 94 03/23/07 04:30 PM
by nushroom
* Oberon hunt ' 2 TheodorizeME 3,639 11 06/03/03 12:06 PM
by MagmaManiac
* Attn Mjshroomer & Friends, castaneifolius rumors. Sporz 1,920 7 07/20/02 12:39 PM
by Peaceful_Nomad
* Night hunting / Need opinions
( 1 2 3 all )
UncleLuke 11,961 41 11/19/09 12:47 AM
by freespeech
* newbie, looking for debunked, or confirmed hunting myths drewcifer 3,250 15 02/19/04 03:04 AM
by teen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
971 topic views. 0 members, 53 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.