Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12815011 -

Prisoner#1 said:
he's holding the US hostage to get support for his stupid 'green' bills,
it's a career killer for him a dozens of other democrats



debatable.. i bet he gets elected to a second term.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: blissedout]
    #12827574 -

blissedout said:
cottlestonpie said:
I wouldn't go down there until effects of health are studied, even then the long term effects are of yet to be determined. if you look to what happened with cleanup workers in the exxon spill and the cleanup crews at the 911 site.  Not to mention there are rumors on a collapse of the well that will release huge amount of toxic chemicals. not to mention hurricanes which will cause having yet to be determined further in the coast line, like raining oil. if you get sick do you trust BP or the government to treat you and  take care of you in a timely and sufficient manner for as long as illness persist?



This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Ani, I wouldn't bother trying to volunteer right now. It's a MAJOR cluster fuck with very little organization. I understand your desire to help, god knows I think about it daily, but it's just not going well right now. I hat eto even voice the words, but I think the entire gulf is going to be devastated completely by this. There's up to just over 120 million gallons of oil and counting and it's still not capped. This place will not be the same for at least 2 generations, if ever. While I would love you being down here, I just don't think it's good idea. A very nobel, caring idea, but fruitless at this point. I hate to be so pessimistic about it, but if you saw what I saw yeasterday, you would lose all optimism, too. It is FUCKED UP here!:sad:




what did you see?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Aninator]
    #12827834 -

Prisoner#1 said:
frith said:
i believe that most companies are waiting until the spill is stopped before sending people to clean it up.




obama is blocking cleanup

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/may/2010-06-19/obama-administration-continues-block-oil-cleanup



Op-ed blog =/= fact


--------------------
Being an ant is the worst mindfuck ever. They can never hold on to any memories, or come up with any real ideas, or even understand what the fuck is going on, ever.

The Century of the Self: Happiness Machines; The Engineering of Consent; There's a Policeman Inside All Our Heads, He Must be Destroyed; Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering

Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time. ~carl sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: nanomagnetic]
    #12827901 -

do you honestly believe the major media outlets are any better, there's
shit loads of stuff not being reported, for instance the slaughter of 140+
civilians in afghanistan and the Truth, I mean seriously, who has the power
to tell the coast guard to stop clean up efforts... obama

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index.ssf/2010/06/could_the_obama_administration.html

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Dutch-say-They-Could-Speed-Gulf-Oil-Recovery-with-US-Permission-96341579.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12863279 -

Prisoner#1 said:
do you honestly believe the major media outlets are any better, there's
shit loads of stuff not being reported, for instance the slaughter of 140+
civilians in afghanistan and the Truth, I mean seriously, who has the power
to tell the coast guard to stop clean up efforts... obama

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index.ssf/2010/06/could_the_obama_administration.html
Home > Hudson County Voices > Commentary > Fail.

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Dutch-say-They-Could-Speed-Gulf-Oil-Recovery-with-US-Permission-96341579.html
This article made uncited claimes. That's terrible journalism.




Please, spare me your "Truth." Major media outlets -- I take it you mean television? -- are flawed, of course. But pretending that an op-ed is more reputable than every possible news source in the country is dangerously flawed.


--------------------
Being an ant is the worst mindfuck ever. They can never hold on to any memories, or come up with any real ideas, or even understand what the fuck is going on, ever.

The Century of the Self: Happiness Machines; The Engineering of Consent; There's a Policeman Inside All Our Heads, He Must be Destroyed; Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering

Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time. ~carl sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Aninator]
    #12863515 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #12864390 -

That's why we should hire illegal immigrants to clean it up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #12864762 -

At the risk of sounding racist, I agree. I love my mexican friends, but if they want to work that bad, and for great money, they should implement some sort of work program option for them. I mean, what's there to lose?


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: blissedout]
    #12865039 -

blissedout said:
At the risk of sounding racist, I agree. I love my mexican friends, but if they want to work that bad, and for great money, they should implement some sort of work program option for them. I mean, what's there to lose?



kill 2 birds with one stone...

quite literally ROFL

kinda fucked up tho lol

:lolocaust:


--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Muufokfok]
    #12865369 -

hahahaahha! I haven't thought about the lolocaust guy in awhile! I remember when that one first arrived here. There was quite the stir. That one and the septemberlol one. Funny stuff, though(the greamlins).


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Etherealslimshady]
    #12881498 -

.

Edited by cottlestonpie (10/08/11 11:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: cottlestonpie]
    #12883553 -

nice video, shows why i hate cops so much, their only concern is their paycheck not the well-being of american citizens


--------------------
:potleaf: :tendshroom: :potleaf:
:leaf::peyotespectrum::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: misterogerz]
    #12883565 -

misterogerz said:
nice video, shows why i hate cops so much, their only concern is their paycheck not the well-being of american citizens



I have a friend who is a cop who said exacttly that :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: blissedout]
    #12883586 -

blissedout said:
At the risk of sounding racist, I agree. I love my mexican friends, but if they want to work that bad, and for great money, they should implement some sort of work program option for them. I mean, what's there to lose?



they're pushing union workers, there's hundreds of boats that could be
working but they arent union, they're also turning back foreign boats that
have equipment for dealing with it

this administration if blatantly in the sack with SEIU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12883594 -

Prisoner#1 said:
they're pushing union workers, there's hundreds of boats that could be
working but they arent union, they're also turning back foreign boats that
have equipment for dealing with it

this administration if blatantly in the sack with SEIU



:projectile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12883773 -

The massive clean up effort will cause LOTS of people to get sick and they will completely overload the Obamacare system before it even has a chance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Big oil spill in san fran OneMoreRobot3021 995 12 11/09/07 02:12 PM
by Silversoul
* Oil spill on the Mississippi DNKYD 603 7 09/02/05 04:11 PM
by AliceDee
* Covered in oil! MOTH 1,075 10 02/15/05 01:19 AM
by MOTH
* This dwarfs Exxon Valdez.
( 1 2 3 all )
mathewww 2,500 50 12/25/08 10:30 PM
by memes
* Donate or Volunteer! Info Page
( 1 2 all )
Cowgold 3,895 22 09/08/05 08:43 AM
by Gillette
* Man Fined For Using Vegetable Oil As Fuel VoidOfsPg 1,459 15 06/13/07 02:53 PM
by demiu5
* volunteering at bonnaroo. habitat0789 1,225 8 04/24/07 12:04 PM
by DNKYD
* i just made $225 worth of fuel, out of vegetable oil, in 2 hours
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 4,453 54 04/14/16 08:34 PM
by PatrickKn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,379 topic views. 5 members, 374 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.