Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Does anybody listen to shortwave radio?
    #1272530 -

I am sitting here listening to Radio Canada International, and I have to wonder, do other people on this board listen to shortwave radio? If yes, who are your favorite broadcasters? What kind of radio do you have? Where in the world are you? I am located somewhere in the midwest of the USA. I have a modified DX-394 using just the whip antenna, and a DX-399 for my portable. I have almost completely given up listening to commercial broadcast radio, as well as watching television (except for The Shield, that show rocks), because, well, most of it sucks ass. So I pulled out my old radio, and started spinning the dial. I get a lot of strong signals, mostly relays of the BBC and China Radio International out of Sackville Canada and Okeechobee, FL. I also like Radio Havana Cuba's music, the anti US propaganda is a bit hard to swallow, but the music kicks ass. Anyhow, I was just interested to see if anybody else was into shortwave.

-Grimey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody listen to shortwave radio? [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1272702 -

I've been curious about the shortwave radio. Do you think it's worth the purchase???


--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody listen to shortwave radio? [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1273046 -

Quote:
Do you think it's worth the purchase???




It all depends on what you are into. If you like international news, and exotic music, you may enjoy shortwave radio. The audio, however, is sometimes not all that good, and when it does sound good, it sounds like local AM radio. There is also the fun of finding new signals, listening to ham operators, especially in hurricane season. Here are some links to some international broadcaster's websites. Most of them have streaming audio, so you can listen and see if you like it enough to buy a shortwave reciever.

BBC World Service
Radio Canada International
Radio Netherlands
Voice of Russia
Radio Habana Cuba
Swiss Radio International
Radio New Zealand International
Voice of VietNam Voice of America

Enjoy!

-Grimey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody listen to shortwave radio? [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1273360 -

don't fergit the radio voice of the gospel out of quito :wink: ...
www.hcjb.org
~
got a couple ancient tube-type rcvrs... an army suplus bc-348-q & an old hallicrafters... maybe a couple transistor rcvrs w/s.w. bands somewheres...
antenna fell down a couple years ago, need to re-string a longwire or three for dx & maybe a decent ground array...
you're comin' in 5 by 9, solid copy....


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody listen to shortwave radio? [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1274792 -

I like to listen to people reading numbers out loud.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody listen to shortwave radio? [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1276409 -

I have a cheap-ass shortwave, which can't pick up much. But I do sit and listen when I'm bored.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Quick Guide to Pirate Radio Listening ivi 2,771 14 03/04/05 01:06 PM
by ivi
* Marc Emery gives listeners the facts behind the US based case against him
( 1 2 all )
Dety 5,425 26 10/07/05 09:47 PM
by Dety
* Radio Free Euphoria, mannnnn ivi 368 0 08/26/05 07:41 PM
by ivi
* Ode to the intern niteowl 501 1 06/17/05 11:37 AM
by dblaney
* Radio show about Tim Leary Edame 1,520 3 07/01/03 05:47 AM
by Learyfan
* Old Radio Sitcoms? "Old Time Radio" absolute zero 564 1 10/08/05 01:39 PM
by StrandedVoyager
* listen to the sounds of saturn KingOftheThing 912 11 07/27/05 08:17 PM
by afoaf
* You MUST listen tonight;
( 1 2 all )
OJK 3,820 35 01/04/05 06:05 PM
by 13eetleJuice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,206 topic views. 4 members, 33 guests and 248 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.