Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The Joker not returning in Batman 3
    #12697280 -

So apparently Christopher Nolan has announced that he will not use the Joker character again in any future Batman movie.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1094767p1.html

Personally, I think this is the right decision.
Not for any kind of weepy I'm-sorry-Ledger-died thing (although that does indeed suck), I just think that any other actor playing the role would be a step down.
Heath Ledger nailed that role so hard, I really think he may have set the gold standard for the Joker, now and for all time.
To substitute anyone else in that role would just feel plastic and cheesy, even if they did a good job. 

(Okay, not the most fascinating thread I ever made, but I'm tryin'a fill the Pub up with some content after this recent lamewave.)


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: laserpig]
    #12697294 -

I don't know man, this guy is doing a great job with the role...!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: laserpig]
    #12697298 -

I'm kind of glad as well.  I'm hoping they stray from the characters they've already done in movies (catwoman, riddler, poison ivy, etc) and bring out some rarer ones like clayface, the ventriloquist, harley quinn, etc..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: arg6]
    #12697305 -

Can anyone explain where this Obama = Joker thing came from?
Strikes me as one of the most dipshit comparisons ever made.
I'm not saying I like Obama, I'm saying that comparing him to the Joker is meaningless.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: Newbie]
    #12697319 -

I wanna see Killer Croc and Ra's al Ghul

edit: maybe man-bat?


--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (06/06/10 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: laserpig]
    #12697321 -

I want them to do King Tut. The one where they got trapped in a giant clam was funny.(A character from the old show on TV, Victor Bueno played him) :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: learningtofly]
    #12697322 -

He was in the first one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: Newbie]
    #12697337 -

Heath ledger was extraoridinary in his role as joker but let us not forget Jack Nicholson. His role as joker was very good as well and easily rivals that of Heath Ledger.


--------------------
Ask me about ARX!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: Newbie]
    #12697344 -

If they do "the Riddler" right they could really get some deep psychological issues surrounding that character.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: laserpig]
    #12697356 -

laserpig said:

Heath Ledger nailed that role so hard




I wasnt that impressed, I didnt buy the insanity...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: CosmicFool]
    #12697363 -

CosmicFool said:
If they do "the Riddler" right they could really get some deep psychological issues surrounding that character.



they can get jim carey and the audience can take some of those psychological issues home with them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12697370 -

Prisoner#1 said:
laserpig said:

Heath Ledger nailed that role so hard




I wasnt that impressed, I didnt buy the insanity...



You're just about the only one then. Everyone who I talked to about the movie thought the joker definitely made the movie great, I don't think anyone could of played it better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: laserpig]
    #12697373 -

laserpig said:
Can anyone explain where this Obama = Joker thing came from?
Strikes me as one of the most dipshit comparisons ever made.
I'm not saying I like Obama, I'm saying that comparing him to the Joker is meaningless.



Some artist. I cant recall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: CosmicFool]
    #12697380 -

CosmicFool said:
If they do "the Riddler" right they could really get some deep psychological issues surrounding that character.



Heath Ledger had maybe one of the best performances of any actor playing any character ever as the Joker. I saw the movie before I knew of his death and I was saying that about him. Only after I told a friend I was excited to see the Joker in future Batman movies a friend told me what had happened to Ledger.

CosmicFool I Agree, the Riddler would be a great replacement for the Joker as Batman's main nemesis.


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12697390 -

Prisoner#1 said:
CosmicFool said:
If they do "the Riddler" right they could really get some deep psychological issues surrounding that character.



they can get jim carey and the audience can take some of those psychological issues home with them



I think if the movie itself wasnt so silly Jim Carey could
have nailed that role as well. If his role was put in a more
serious flick like the newest batman. IDK.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12697405 -

DeadHearts said:
Prisoner#1 said:
CosmicFool said:
If they do "the Riddler" right they could really get some deep psychological issues surrounding that character.



they can get jim carey and the audience can take some of those psychological issues home with them



I think if the movie itself wasnt so silly Jim Carey could
have nailed that role as well. If his role was put in a more
serious flick like the newest batman. IDK.



he did a good dark job in the movie "23" and over all I think he's pretty versatile but he tends to get type cast.

the Riddler also has a bad history of being camp


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: CosmicFool]
    #12697416 -

Bring back the Penguin!  :gameover:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: The_Ghost]
    #12697433 -

Anyway.. im much more excited for this new Nolan film then the next batman installment:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: The_Ghost]
    #12697457 -



Greatest movie villain in recent history.  He will be missed.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Joker not returning in Batman 3 [Re: The_Ghost]
    #12697468 -

The_Ghost said:
Anyway.. im much more excited for this new Nolan film then the next batman installment:




looks tight

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* who was/is the better joker? *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
wickedsick 5,676 40 07/25/08 04:45 PM
by whattheheck
* Have you had enough of the joker.... ZOSO 249 0 08/15/08 11:10 PM
by ZOSO
* The better Joker: Jack Nicholson vs Heath Ledger
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FeedingMyDreams 11,219 61 01/16/11 08:05 AM
by JesusGoneRogue
* The New Joker
( 1 2 3 all )
Mocha Bear 4,495 44 01/22/08 07:34 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Heath Ledger's Joker Performance
( 1 2 all )
whattheheck 3,841 27 01/16/16 06:03 PM
by jokerjon03
* Next Batman Villain Speculation **SPOILERS***
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 3,758 23 07/20/08 10:09 PM
by Lndrydusting
* Heath Ledger is dead for some reason
( 1 2 3 4 all )
WhiskeyClone 6,196 70 01/24/08 10:12 PM
by MrSinister
* I'm going to go see The Dark Knight (that batman movie) PyroBurns 816 15 07/30/08 11:38 PM
by Syle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,834 topic views. 5 members, 224 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.