Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Laminar Flow Hood

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: question, saw this somewhere would it work?
    #12612 - 04/15/00 10:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

wrap them in foil.

Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

Admin @ mycotopia.net

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: question, saw this somewhere would it work?
    #12614 - 04/15/00 10:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I used to use note cards wrapped in foil and they worked great, but if you don't mind I would like to share my upgraded method for making prints because it may help someone who is reading this.

I stole my girlfriends smallest casserole dish that had a nice glass lid. The lid must fit tightly for this to work, in other words there can no exchange of air. On the day I was ready to take prints I washed, then dried the dish and put the whole thing with the lid on into the oven at 400 degrees for one hour. I let it cool down, on top of the oven. Then using the Low Dollar Sterile Tek, found here

I put the pan back in the oven with the door propped open and the flow of air coming out. I snipped the stems off the mushrooms and quickly opened the lid set the caps right on the glass and closed the lid. Carefully I lifted the whole pan and lid out of the oven and taped the lid down to assure there was no air exchange. I let the prints drop right onto the glass, then using the low dollar sterile tek again I removed the caps then replaced the tape. The prints can sit in there until you are ready to use. When I was ready to make syringes I once again utilized the Low Dollar Sterile Tek to open the dish and pour sterile water right into the pan. Then I take a knife wiped off with alcohol and scrape the spores from the bottom of the pan into the water. While it is inside the oven I suck the apore water into my syringes. Just be sure to work quick and not fry your prints. I never have them in the flow of hot air for more than a few moments. Never turn your oven beyond the lowest bake setting and you will not have a problem . This method has brought my contamination rates down to those who have laminar flow hoods and other expensive equiptment. It works great. Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Fonz (edited April 15, 2000).]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Laminar Flow Hood

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation