Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Mycelium is trying to colonise my dry verm layer
    #1244666 -

When this starts to happen and all visible areas of the cake are colonised, does this mean its ready to go into the fruiting chamber? I see no pins in the jar, should I wait to see them before I go to the fruiting stage?
If I want to case a couple of cakes like this, are they ready?
Also, can I reuse the dry verm layer when it is taken off, to use in a casing for a couple of cakes?


--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

Edited by CaptBeefheart (01/24/03 02:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mycelium is trying to colonise my dry verm layer [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1244746 -

Quote:
all visible areas of the cake are colonised, does this mean its ready to go into the fruiting chamber?



Wait a few days after all visible areas are colonized, just to be sure.
Quote:
I see no pins in the jar, should I wait to see them before I go to the fruiting stage?



It is not necessary.
Quote:
can I reuse the dry verm layer



I would not recommend it.


--------------------


Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dry verm layer gone damp fruers 2,306 6 07/22/01 04:19 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Colonized dry verm layer Please Resond Quickly TeRzMaStA 2,231 3 12/05/01 07:59 PM
by FreakShow
* Cakes colonizing the dry verm layer? socratesmind 1,209 4 10/16/02 12:34 AM
by socratesmind
* dry verm layer PlowKing 744 2 05/17/01 09:02 PM
by PlowKing
* Primordia in dry verm. layer?? SerialAddikt 1,629 3 09/02/02 06:11 AM
by Ripple
* scrape verm. layer? Shiznitz 1,367 4 07/29/01 08:23 PM
by DaCrazyWolf
* No filter disc's no dry verm Can they breath MinorThreat405 1,225 3 02/22/02 11:50 AM
by Myceliumcake
* If a little water gets in the dry verm layer? LSAuser 1,392 3 09/21/02 09:20 AM
by I_Fart_Blue

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
829 topic views. 23 members, 195 guests and 186 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.