Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #12399714 -

Moab, Utah is one of my favorites




--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: Set]
    #12399771 -

whoa that is sick lookinG! i didnt know utah had that :shocked:

nice :smile:


--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #12399778 -

Yeah, there are some really badass spot in Utah!
Excellent ski/snowboarding, sweet desert, gnarly canyons and mountains.

I like Utah


--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #12399782 -

i need to travel the US more...realised i haven't been to many states besides just a few.


--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #12400077 -

My favorite places are the greenest places and I guess those places dont have enough green to keep my interest. I mean it's cool to travel through every once in a while but I feel like it's all just dead infertile country with crazy rock formations, scrubs and desert.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #12400500 -

Awesome suggestions so far guys.

Yeah Moab, Utah has been recommended to me a number of times, it's definitely on the list.

Texas also intrigues me. Mississippi delta. New Orleans. Nashville.

Hey MisterMuscaria, Are you driving all that distance? Hitching? What do the different colored lines mean?


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #12400549 -

Go through DC/VA/Tennessee, hit up the appalachians. Lots of historic shit. Skyline drive is worth a visit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #12400608 -

I'll be driving for the majority of it. The colors were really just time codes, I planned on doing it in bursts with various rests for a month or two at a time.

That's an image I took a long time ago of one possible plan of attack but I ended up revising the image here;


Ive also revised the spots where Ill be taking my breaks; so now the color codes are pretty much invalid.

I'll be starting at the yellow pin in Indiana and depending on how I feel at my time of leaving (june) I'll either take the Dark red route through Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc or the Teal route across AZ, NM, TX, OK, etc.

Though now I need to draw even more new lines than from even that picture because I've changed my mind AGAIN and decided I'll probably go up through Michigan.
Ive revised and revised this trip so many times over the past year.

Basically here is the gist of it; I am heading west, spending some time in the PNW mushroom hunting, traveling up to Alaska, traveling across Canada all the way to New England, traveling all around the coastal US into Mexico, through Belize, Honduras, Costa Rica Panama, back up through Nicaragua, El Salvadore, Guatemala, back up the other side of Mexico.

The teal up the pacific coast, the dark blue across Canada, the yellow down the east coast, the red along the southcoast into Mexico and the green up the otherside of Mexico are all set in stone; it is how I will initially be heading west which is currently up for debate.

It all changed because originally I had planned on leaving in winter then I got popped with an OWI and lost my license for 90 days + probation and now Ill be leaving in summer instead. I want to hit the cooler areas in the summer and the warmer areas in the winter so now instead of going to La Paz in Baja California Sur I'm fairly certain I'll be taking that dark red route (bearing a few edits) straight to the Olympic Peninsula where I'll be spending the summer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #12400667 -

Doctor_Dick said:
didnt know utah had that :shocked:

nice :smile:




Edward Abbey will tell ya.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12400725 -

Definitely check out French Canada & Newfoundland on your way down through Canada. Montreal's cool and Sainte Anne de Beaupre (they got a big feast in late July) & the capes/islands are both beautiful. 

Looks like the yellow line isn't coming near me. I'd recommend it if you like seafood (though I don't) Rhode Island and Cape Cod have the freshest stuff you'll ever find. Though I don't eat it the clam/lobster bakes right on the beach are a chill way to kill a night (as long as it ain't with a snobby crowd).

So's Saint Patrick's Day in Boston. It's quite grand old time, especially if you like to drink.

Coney Island, NYC boardwalk in the summer! The Wonder Wheel's the shit, you gotta take a sliding car then go eat a hot dog (or vice versa) and try not to vomit.


--------------------
Don't tase me, bro!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #12400785 -

if you're in northern california, DO NOT miss out on Yosimite Valley, also Mono Lake is close by. Yosimite Valley is absolutely beautiful, and Mono Lake is utterly ugly, but both are well worth seeing.


--------------------
Push th' little daisies and make 'em come up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: RiverRat427]
    #12400829 -

I spent some time in NYC earlier this year and did not really like it at all; I doubt I'll be going back and think I will be driving through upstate new york instead.
I need to just draw all new lines.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WalterShabas]
    #12400842 -

well shoot me a PM if you come through Texas if you'd like to come visit the husband and I on the farm
we welcome the occasional couch surfer, and I do some pretty awesome deep south cookin :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12401007 -

MisterMuscaria said:
I spent some time in NYC earlier this year and did not really like it at all; I doubt I'll be going back and think I will be driving through upstate new york instead.



IMO it's not really that good unless you're staying long enough to get down to the nitty gritty and really get involved with the local culture. Other that that it's just sickening tourist vertigo.


--------------------
Don't tase me, bro!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: RiverRat427]
    #12401025 -

I dont like crowded, dont like noisy, dont like expensive and dont like dirty and that's all I saw in NYC.
I liked the cultural diversity but I could find that in Chicago with only half the noise/dirt/expense/crowd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12401049 -

Yeah, that's true.

That's part of the reason I like NYC though, it's one of the only places I've ever been where people can't tell me to be quiet or think that I need anger management. Plus anything you could possibly want in the whole world could probably be found in New York City (though as you mentioned, priced accordingly).


--------------------
Don't tase me, bro!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: RiverRat427]
    #12401073 -

I think people are so pissed off there because they gotta pay out the ass just to get in and out of the city, park, eat or smoke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #12401092 -

Columbus, Ohio!!

Not very cool unless you dig certain music but there's ME and plenty of other  Shroomerites around and it's a good pivot depending on where you are and where you're going.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12401134 -

MisterMuscaria said:
I think people are so pissed off there because they gotta pay out the ass just to get in and out of the city, park, eat or smoke.



You could be spot on with that one. Every time I've been there I've stayed in the city, walked or took the train, stayed with people I knew for free, and ate junk so it wasn't that hard on me cash wise. Cigarettes are a bitch though but where I live the prices keep going up too anyway.

I myself am a little 5'5"-ish red-haired Sicilian/French stick of dynamite, I blend right in with the crowd. I like to think I'm more passionate about all of my emotions and not just a rage maniac but hey, I say tomato...


--------------------
Don't tase me, bro!

Edited by RiverRat427 (04/16/10 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Shroomerites! Where to go on the Great American Road Trip? [Re: RiverRat427]
    #12401165 -

I'm 5'6, Italian/Swedish/German/Slovakian/Czech/Spanish/English/Manx/Mexican, quick to my guns and prone to short man rage. I can be a real firecracker and I did find that I sorta fit in in that aspect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* NEWSPAPER VSOPXO 1,669 5 10/24/02 09:40 PM
by Fred Garvin
* so who will be watching the shuttle land between 4am and 5am?
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 2,073 32 08/08/05 07:03 AM
by creamrocks
* Mass Shroomery trip!
( 1 2 3 all )
Purple_Voyage 6,279 44 02/23/03 05:24 PM
by Dogomush
* Official: Shroomerite Members "last wishes" Page
( 1 2 all )
TheShroomHermit 4,954 28 02/15/03 04:15 PM
by justsomegirl
* Pic of me tripping Anonymous 1,469 10 11/09/02 07:26 PM
by Llamanose
* shroomerites from Japan ? KOPELANDIAA 952 2 04/26/03 10:56 PM
by bert
* Tripping on weed
( 1 2 all )
Rob_K 6,128 23 05/20/03 04:49 AM
by kykeon
* Bonnaroo Shroomerites Unite!
( 1 2 all )
Prodijal_Son 3,881 32 02/25/03 07:51 AM
by Prodijal_Son

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,621 topic views. 7 members, 17 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.