Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
"Marijuana causes lack of motivation"
    #12395444 -

Quote:
Do marijuana users lose their motivation?

Some frequent, long-term marijuana users show signs of a lack of motivation (amotivational syndrome). Their problems include not caring about what happens in their lives, no desire to work regularly, fatigue, and a lack of concern about how they look. As a result of these symptoms, some users tend to perform poorly in school or at work. Scientists are still studying these problems.



From this site:
http://www.athealth.com/consumer/disorders/marijuana.html

The fact that they're trying to scientifically prove a correlation between a chemical and a lifestyle is somewhat :facepalm:
  But to be honest, there are certain elements of truth, right?

Marijuana definitely lends to a very introverted lifestyle, and it tends to focus me very inward. I am more detached from most of my school work and very focused on music and thinking during times i smoke a lot of weed.

      But honestly, my weed-smoking patterns are a result of phases in my life. I definitely smoked more this past year than I ever have, and my peak consumption last fall was a very meditative, relaxed time period. I felt as though a goal or resolution had faded away and I was content with what I could maintain now.

But recent months have impacted my attitude toward marijuana. I still smoke, but much much less than previous. As I decided to act on all the philosophy I had manifested while stoned, I explored my boundaries a little. I hung out with some new friends, finally have a strong bond going with this girl I've been infatuated with for 3 years, and adopted a much more socially and spiritually independent attitude toward life. I've found other ways to escape, such as going for runs and enjoying mental clarity. Smoking pot has a much lesser significance in my life now as half-a-year ago.

What I'm getting at is that people have phases, and their lifestyle will evolve with it. Sometimes, people find escape through marijuana, but ultimately, the events in their lives will usually cause a change.

But I don't think I'll ever stop smoking marijuana all together :gethigh:
:2cents:
myk


--------------------


Where would you rather be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Mykologist]
    #12395452 -

im not very motivated with anything but i have never smoked weed..

:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Mykologist]
    #12395459 -

I was going to type up a decent response.. but bleh i'm stoned.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: frith] * 1
    #12395465 -

I won't say i lose motivation BUT I have to do my school work all day sober and go to work sober.  Weed just makes me interested in other things since those two seem like a draggg.


--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Mykologist]
    #12395478 -

Marijuana very much gives me a lack of motivation.  And not only when Im high, but all the time as long as I have been smoking recently.

I still smoke too.  Im addicted, FTL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12395479 -

I think it's more of the chicken or the egg argument.

Are lazy people attracted to drugs because it's something to kill time without being bored?

Or do people become lazy from taking drugs?

Or is it both?


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Mykologist]
    #12395497 -

I think we should blame the person and not the object


--------------------
I dont know

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: nasem]
    #12395513 -

nasem said:
I think we should blame the person and not the object



I dont think the object is getting the blame.  Its just good to know how a chemical effects you so you can be a informed consumer.  If you choose to partake anyway, then you the person gets the blame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #12395522 -

dsfhdfshdsfhdfsh   

Edited by skatealex2 (04/14/10 10:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: publicenemy1]
    #12395528 -

its true.

when i have enough money to just smoke all day i really don't feel like doing anything else. ive been a pothead since i was 12 and its always been the same. i smoke and get lazy and sit there all day doing basically nothing

fortunately Ive learned to balance things out with some alcohol. now i can enjoy both and not be all lazy and retarded all day. i can get out and socialize and not be trapped in the bubble of being high and retarded all day.

alcohol is fucking great. so is weed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12395550 -

shivas.wisdom said:
I was going to type up a decent response.. but bleh i'm stoned.



Me too. :rotfl:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #12395561 -

FeedingMyDreams said:
I think it's more of the chicken or the egg argument.

Are lazy people attracted to drugs because it's something to kill time without being bored?

Or do people become lazy from taking drugs?

Or is it both?



Haha yea, ive always said that weed is the lazy mans medicine, it allows you to be lazy... and feel good about it.


--------------------
   
I wish to become enlightened, to know bliss, to be a pure expression of joy, to slake my insatiable thirst.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: LustfulLinsanity]
    #12395577 -

it pretty much enhances the current state I'm in.
so if I was already lacking motivation when I smoke weed, then I will be even more unmotivated.

but if I'm feelin' motivated as I smoke some weed, I begin to feel more motivated.


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Mykologist]
    #12395632 -

I'm a long term smoker, plus I've had long sober periods.

It doesn't matter either way, I'm lazy as fuck.

I hate work, I hate uni and I like to bludge around and do my own thing.

:dontspillme:

It's never been the pot, I can't use it as an excuse... I've been sober for 18+ months at one point and nothing changed except I was 10x more angry/cranky and life got too serious.

Once I started vaping I didn't look back, it works out good :vaped:

:feelsgoodman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Chubba]
    #12395671 -

It's okay to be lazy for a few minutes a day, it only becomes a problem when people smoke weed all day and never do a damn thing. The thing I hate most is if any thing happens or needs to be done and I know it after I smoke I'm too retarded and lazy to care.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: Mykologist]
    #12395706 -

Maybe they should study Benadryl? Nobody seems to make a fuss over antihistamines making you lazy and unmotivated.

Bottom line is LOTS of drugs, legal and otherwise, cause drowsiness.

When I was a teenager my allergies were horrific, I had to take prescription antihistamines regularly. I was a zombie for most of 10th grade and I hadn't even tried weed yet. I still got most of my work done.

Then again, I've seen people smoke pot every day and don't have a problem living their lives. It just comes down to willpower.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: psygnome]
    #12395846 -

I`m lazy in general so i just smoke weed when im feeling lazy :shrug:

I know people that smoke weed then hit the gym can`t say there lazy after smoking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: bchunter]
    #12395865 -

bchunter said:
I`m lazy in general so i just smoke weed when im feeling lazy :shrug:

I know people that smoke weed then hit the gym can`t say there lazy after smoking



It's actually great to light a few bowls before a 5 mile jog. Instant runners high :tensegrin:


--------------------
The kids who took LSD are not going to fight your wars
The older you get, the more rules they want you to follow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: crza]
    #12395882 -

Some people feel they can really concentrate on there exercise and can do better... i`m not one of them :jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Marijuana causes lack of motivation" [Re: bchunter]
    #12395889 -

Possibly. I'm a big believe in the notion that "weed doesn't make you lazy; Lazy people smoke weed".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I have trouble concentrating and lack motivation alot
( 1 2 all )
Noetical 3,775 31 07/18/05 06:31 PM
by Skunk420
* hemp & marijuana: myths & realities eric_the_redS 3,670 10 11/02/12 02:16 PM
by SARAtonin
* Can someone get on my ass and motivate me?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,302 23 06/13/04 02:07 PM
by BleaK
* Let's talk about marijuana.
( 1 2 3 all )
GreatGigInTheSky 4,676 57 08/07/05 08:09 PM
by elaspeinreason
* Marijuana and pregnancy. Just some facts. blissedout 1,993 6 10/08/05 01:56 AM
by danksistah
* Hollywood Pushing Alternative Lifestyles
( 1 2 3 4 all )
daimyo 6,216 63 02/02/06 06:05 PM
by dr0mni
* denver legalizes marijuana
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
hobbitxkillyou 14,646 96 04/20/08 04:47 AM
by johnm214
* Help me motivate for my exam
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 5,757 100 09/08/05 11:44 AM
by Annom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,872 topic views. 3 members, 9 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.