Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Figured I'd post my first results...
    #1218921 -

Well, here are some results from my first go at this... I went straight PF tek (with double-ended casing) at first, and then decided to try casing some of the cakes 50/50 too as an experiment.


To be honest, the cakes are rather dissapointing in their yield (of course they are a great place to start out and colonized really well). The potency also seemed lacking here (these were mainly gulf coast). It seems that it is true that Gulf Coast shrooms are much more mental than a full-blown mind & body/visual trip.


The casings, however, were a different story! I used a 50/50 casing material and the extra time waiting for them to colonize is well worth it. This flush totaled 211.4 grams off of basically one tray (3-4 1/2 pint cakes, and I say "basically" because one mushroom came from another tray that produced one decent shroom early)


Seems like a pretty successful start to me (These are all South Americans)...


Here is the first one harvested, weighing in at 52 grams wet. The veil broke in the middle of the night while I was sleeping - notice the spores on the lower right portion of the casing (which was pointed out by someone here on the shroomery - I had originally thought it was some sort of mold)...


Another pic of this one:


And one more:


Here is that casing at maturity:


And another shot:


Maybe I'll get some more pics up later, but tell me what you think...



--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219019 -

Sorry to double post ... but I couldn't get the edit function to work


I forgot to mention that this flush produced 211.4 g - which doesn't seem to shabby!



--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219055 -

nice did u mist the casing layer? also how many cakes/casings were used to obtain that 211g flush???


--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219252 -

That is a huge SHROOM! Share plz..... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219286 -

This was your first grow?
Excellent! :cool:

How big is that tray?


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: valour]
    #1219377 -

Nice job, this is the type of casing im about to try for my first casing, could u give some more specs on the casing?


--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219530 -

The 211g was obtained by casing approx 3-4 1/2 pint cakes of south american (not quite 4 cakes fit into each tray). These trays are 7.5" X 7.5" oven trays and the casing is straight from the 50/50 casing tek. 50% Verm. and 50% Peat moss. Humidity was maintained at approx 85-90% via an ultrasonic humidifier that goes on for 7 minutes (determined after much trial and error) every 4 hours. I fanned the terrarium 2 times a day (My cakes received more humidity via modifications to the flow of mist from the same humidifier - 2 terrariums - 1 for the trays, and 1 for the cakes).


This flush was from one tray, and the 52g shroom that grew all by itself on another tray (the pins that came with it were inconsequential - but now starting to fruit)


At any rate, I'll try to get some more pics up sometime soon showing the terrariums and the final yield - if we don't *accidently* consume them first :-)


An addition... I mention spores on the lower "right" side of the tray, and I meant to say lower "left".



--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Edited by beowulf1024 (01/14/03 11:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219559 -

you have a knack for this my friend, very impressive indeed!


-Loop


--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219571 -

Nice job !!!!!!!!!! I noticed your tin container is a little shallow. Try a little deeper pan with more substrate.. I`m sure you like the results.


--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219606 -

Very nice!!

I like the S.A.'s alot too.
This strain is under rated IMHO.
I have gotten great results from them time and time again.



--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1219659 -

:wink: :grin: :wink: :grin: good job!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: Numba9]
    #1220779 -

Next time, I think I will go straw-dung :-) I like what I've been reading about that tek. If I ever do it this way again, I will have to get better trays (I think sturdier trays to, these are a little to flexible), it was pretty tough making it fit in there as it was Numba9 :-)


--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1220807 -

BRAVO!!! Great to see you have such good luck on your first go around!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1220914 -

Excellent job!  :laugh: 


--------------------


Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: dog]
    #1222386 -

Well - we went to another planet tonight... Can't say I *ever* tripped that hard, but it was a mostly positive experience - I just had to let the mushroom lead me to the other plane of existence. :-)


--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1232449 -

Well... To all interested. I must say "thank you" to everyone here on the shroomery. Without the knowledge and info here, I would never have been able to do this. I have clarified so many things just by looking around and searching the forums.


I must say that these shrooms grown from a casing are markedly more potent than just the plain cakes. PF cakes are fun because they start and grow so early, but the wait for casings are well worth it.


To Roadkill..., I love these SA's so far. You seem to have quite a bit of experience (looking at all the posts I have seen from you), what else do you like? I was thinking about trying some EQ's or Creeper next... I like the sort of trip that the SA's produce (tried 'em twice now...) as compared to the gulf coast shrooms I had. What do you think I should try?


To all: thanks again! I'll start a grow log for my next try... (after these stop flushing :-).



--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1232815 -

Quote:
To Roadkill..., I love these SA's so far. You seem to have quite a bit of experience (looking at all the posts I have seen from you), what else do you like? I was thinking about trying some EQ's or Creeper next... I like the sort of trip that the SA's produce (tried 'em twice now...) as compared to the gulf coast shrooms I had. What do you think I should try?



EQ's or the Creeper are both good choices.
Cambodians are a favorite of mine.

How would you compare the S.A.'s to the Gulf Coast's?
I'm always interested in other peoples opinion.



--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: Roadkill]
    #1234752 -

That's a great first grow.  Be proud of it.
.
:ooo: :cool: :smile: :blush: :crazy: :laugh: :shocked: :smirk: :grin: :wink: :tongue: 


--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!



I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: Roadkill]
    #1234938 -

I would definitely confirm what I have heard about the Gulf Coast variety ... they seem to be a very "mental" trip with very little visuals (of course this could also be due to them being grown on the PF cakes).


The SA's were great. Everything I want in a trip and more :-) The SA's from the cased trays were great - I had astounding visuals and a very, very intense body high. Almost like cosmic waves pulsing through my body - in fact, there were points where it was like being on ecstasy. They were not very mental however, as I easily could maintain some sense of reality through most of the experience (except when they first came on). Compared to the "Allen's" and the Gulf Coast, they seem to grow from pins to full maturity very fast. I have heard that Gulf Coasts are quick, but the growth cycle of these particular SA's seem to be even quicker.



--------------------
The funny thing about junkies is that they rarely leave any evidence...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figured I'd post my first results... [Re: beowulf1024]
    #1235087 -

Thanks for the trip report.  :grin:

I personally think that the S.A.'s are under rated.
They are a great strain...beautiful fruit with a meaty stem, nice weight to them, and a great trip.
I think everyone should try the S.A.'s



 


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lipa Yai experiences? FungusFarmer 3,093 10 02/25/06 11:42 PM
by j21kickster
* Puerto Rican's Experience Anonymous 2,021 9 04/26/02 09:11 PM
by isis
* Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses!!!) Smokemon 3,524 8 05/26/15 07:19 PM
by R0B0G3N3S1S
* Re: simple Spawn bag experiment night trainV 6,180 4 12/19/99 10:58 AM
by Anonymous
* bluethumb's compost experiment (beginners read) cheesyincident 2,166 6 03/06/02 11:30 AM
by cookiewhore
* New Substrate, very promising needs experimenting Mr. G 2,012 1 03/31/02 01:07 AM
by Roadkill
* Corn cob experiment frontstreet 3,121 7 04/21/02 05:14 PM
by Seril
* Posted this at Myco. interesting story... NewbieShroomer 3,215 3 12/26/01 10:22 PM
by blahblahblah

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,223 topic views. 13 members, 58 guests and 197 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.