Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live * 4
    #12209894 -

I found out earlier today that a close friend is dying from cancer.  It's my ex girlfriend.  We had a nasty breakup several years ago, but we were able to at least regain our friendship a year later. She has been very sick for about the past year and doctors have been trying to determine the cause.  Originally, she was suffering from recurring flu-like symptoms but gradually progressed to constant sickness.  At first, doctors believed she had severe allergies, but after extensive testing nothing could be proven.  She just recently found out that she has been diagnosed with leukemia and she called to let me know.  I could hear the distress in her voice.  I could hear her pain through the phone.  Never have I heard her in such despair.  She told me she didn't want to die in pain or suffering :sad: 

She has been put on a donor list for a bone marrow transfer/transplant.  I guess one of the first prerequisites is having a matching blood type.  Well, it just so happens that her and I share the same blood type (A+).  There is no one in her own family that even has A+ blood.  I offered my bone marrow to be taken in attempt to see if our cells could work together and help her get better. 

She said she will be notifying her doctor and I will then have to schedule an appointment with her doctor so they can prepare me for a tissue donation to determine if my bone marrow is a suitable fit for her.  She says the process for me would be either an overnight inpatient procedure or an outpatient procedure, but I would still need to talk to the doctor to find out all of the details.  From what she explained to me is that they're going to give me some injections to help separate the marrow from my blood and then they will harvest this from either my sternum or my pelvis. 


It's a very surreal feeling right now.  I really hope I can help her. 

I'll hopefully be contacting her doctor this week to schedule an appointment to see if I'm an eligible candidate for donation.  I really hope I can help her.  I've even talked to my relatives since I know my father and my brother are also A+.


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12209918 -

if she wasn't your ex, this would be a romantic story.

hope the best man, i really do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12209926 -

She's going to owe you one hell of a blow job for that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12209945 -

kanglow said:
I found out earlier today that a close friend is dying from cancer.  It's my ex girlfriend.  We had a nasty breakup several years ago, but we were able to at least regain our friendship a year later. She has been very sick for about the past year and doctors have been trying to determine the cause.  Originally, she was suffering from recurring flu-like symptoms but gradually progressed to constant sickness.  At first, doctors believed she had severe allergies, but after extensive testing nothing could be proven.  She just recently found out that she has been diagnosed with leukemia and she called to let me know.  I could hear the distress in her voice.  I could hear her pain through the phone.  Never have I heard her in such despair.  She told me she didn't want to die in pain or suffering :sad: 

She has been put on a donor list for a bone marrow transfer/transplant.  I guess one of the first prerequisites is having a matching blood type.  Well, it just so happens that her and I share the same blood type (A+).  There is no one in her own family that even has A+ blood.  I offered my bone marrow to be taken in attempt to see if our cells could work together and help her get better. 

She said she will be notifying her doctor and I will then have to schedule an appointment with her doctor so they can prepare me for a tissue donation to determine if my bone marrow is a suitable fit for her.  She says the process for me would be either an overnight inpatient procedure or an outpatient procedure, but I would still need to talk to the doctor to find out all of the details.  From what she explained to me is that they're going to give me some injections to help separate the marrow from my blood and then they will harvest this from either my sternum or my pelvis. 


It's a very surreal feeling right now.  I really hope I can help her. 

I'll hopefully be contacting her doctor this week to schedule an appointment to see if I'm an eligible candidate for donation.  I really hope I can help her.  I've even talked to my relatives since I know my father and my brother are also A+.



watch this and investigate further

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BWBqtIlNXI

you could help cure her without surgery


--------------------
The idea of heat death stems from the second law of thermodynamics, which states that entropy tends to increase in an isolated system. If the universe lasts for a sufficient time, it will asymptotically approach a state where all energy is evenly distributed. In other words, in nature there is a tendency to the dissipation (energy loss) of mechanical energy (motion); hence, by extrapolation, there exists the view that the mechanical movement of the universe will run down in time due to the second law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #12209947 -

getting boned:rimshot:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #12209953 -

Hope everything turns out for the best, man.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live *DELETED* [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #12209954 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: MR14]
    #12210062 -

reminds me of this guy Elvis. hes this guy who calls in to Keith and the Girl (in my sig). hes got leukemia too but hes still living life at 90mph :smile:

he got this tattoo a few months ago (youre not supposed to get tattoos with leukemia):



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #12210097 -

She told me that the doctors said they have caught the leukemia in the early stages but she is still terrified.  I know she would do the same for me if needed.    She said that as of right now they have begun treatment to help her.  I don't think she's undergoing chemotherapy just yet since this is still in the early stages. 

It's just such a dark and crazy feeling right now.  She was there for me when the doctors thought I had Parkinson's disease.  She was there for me when I nearly went blind in my left eye.  She was there for me when I was nearly diagnosed with a tumor in my occipital lobe.  (to make a really long story short, I abused cocaine for a long time and it ended up severely damaging my vision which led doctors to believe I had a tumor either in my occipital lobe or somewhere along my optic nerve.  Medically speaking, I should have completely lost vision in my left eye) She was also there for me when I thought I was going to lose my son to massive hemorrhaging.  Even though we had bad times, she was still there for me in my worst times.  And it's time for me to return the favor.


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12210110 -

There was a show on MTV called "true life" about half hour agot and it was about the exact same thing your talking about... someone with lukemia needing a bone marrow transplant..... hahahaha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: trashbag111]
    #12210119 -

trashbag111 said:
There was a show on MTV called "true life" about half hour agot and it was about the exact same thing your talking about... someone with lukemia needing a bone marrow transplant..... hahahaha



Doesn't seem like a funny topic to me.  :shrug:


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12210129 -

You can totally write a book about this.

Exploit one of your major flaws - pick one! - and you immediately become a Byronic hero.

If you place one of your buddies as a contender for females gawking over the both of you, you could srsly be like the next Rochester from Jane Eyre.




...oh FML I just really said that :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12210130 -

i agree. it is definatly not funny at all. just kinda weird that the same exact thing was just on tv today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: trashbag111]
    #12210154 -

trashbag111 said:
i agree. it is definatly not funny at all. just kinda weird that the same exact thing was just on tv today.



I don't have cable.  I haven't seen network television in about 6 years.  I barely know about LOST and American Idol.  The only channels I get are PBS and some shitty local stations... mainly religulous television and local college stations.  Sorry if I came off as a dick.  I'm just rather distraught over this whole situation.


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: trashbag111]
    #12210163 -

dude help her, and youll feel better, and you will spark a great friendship with her.

hope you guys have compatible tissue, a great friendship will form from this. leaving the past will be easier..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: kanglow]
    #12210169 -

You guys are gonna get mayyyyrrrrrrieeeeed when she gets behhhhhttttttterrrrrr, neener neener.



Nah but dude seriously, way to step up to the plate. A lot of guys wouldn't have the balls.

This is srs bsns of enormous potential.

You did the right thang.


:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: Adden]
    #12210203 -

That's very nice of you to do that.
I hope it all goes well for both of you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: Adden]
    #12210236 -

isn't donating bone marrow like one of the worst pains imaginable?  like besides being set on fire or having your testicles removed.  not only does the needle hurt like a mofo, and the fluiding being drained.  but ive also heard of people saying they NEVER feel the same afterwords, something like constant fatigue.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #12210241 -

makaveli8x8 said:
isn't donating bone marrow like one of the worst pains imaginable?  like besides being set on fire or having your testicles removed.  not only does the needle hurt like a mofo, and the fluiding being drained.  but ive also heard of people saying they NEVER feel the same afterwords, something like constant fatigue.



Way to be supportive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scary news... My ex girlfriend is dying from cancer but I may be able to help her live [Re: bryguy27007]
    #12210255 -

hemp oil cures cancer bro, check it out, a bone marrow transplant will fuck you over hardcore for potentially forever


--------------------
-_-_-_-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My Cat Has Cancer
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 4,398 20 01/17/03 04:56 AM
by Bavet
* I r want a girlfriend
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 7,530 37 02/21/03 04:42 AM
by Leya
* Cancer Nuggetpouch 1,021 8 09/21/04 10:16 PM
by Skunk420
* Very interesting article on cigs, radiation, and cancer READ _Shrew_ 2,197 6 11/07/03 11:18 PM
by Quintessence
* anyone use off road diesel, or dyed diesel? ZippoZM 1,321 9 06/11/06 06:19 AM
by Pinhead
* new scary movie------- here's the trailor joe666 880 4 04/27/04 05:45 PM
by freddurgan
* fucking scary creature
( 1 2 3 all )
Lazerouth 9,732 55 09/30/03 02:55 AM
by DankBluntZ
* My girlfriend is against drugs...
( 1 2 3 all )
BillytheKid 6,111 50 11/03/04 11:11 PM
by BillytheKid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,589 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.