Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Comfortably Numb
    #12113700 -

We all love the song Comfortably Numb, at least I presume.

I always assumed it was about Sid, the crazy (pained at times, I'm sure) soul taking some H backstage.  :feelsgoodman:


About the amazing absence of consciousness.


I don't really know for sure, I want to know what you guys think of the song.

It obviously is about a drug, which I assume is heroin, or maybe ketamine- that would account for the psychedelic vibe to the song. :lol:


What do you think?


God, I LOVE PINK FLOYD!  :darkside:


Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?
Come on, Come on, Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well, I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I had a FEVER My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.
(solo)
I have become comfortably numb.

O.K.
Just a little pin prick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
but I have become comfortably numb.








--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comfortably Numb [Re: AluxesLeaf]
    #12113711 -

Im actually listening to this song right now, strange.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comfortably Numb [Re: HardTrippin]
    #12113721 -

I'd say its about Sid doin H before a gig or somethin.. Great song


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comfortably Numb [Re: HardTrippin]
    #12113724 -

Very strange today. Quite beautiful.


From wikipedia:
According to Rolling Stone, the lyrics came from Roger Waters' experience when he was injected with tranquillisers for stomach cramps by a doctor prior to playing a Pink Floyd show in Philadelphia on the band's 1977 Animals' tour.[3][4] "That was the longest two hours of my life", Waters said. "Trying to do a show when you can hardly lift your arm". The experience gave him the idea which eventually became the lyrics to this song


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comfortably Numb [Re: AluxesLeaf]
    #12113733 -

It is defiantly about a opiate/opioid.


--------------------



"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #12113771 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comfortably Numb [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #12113784 -

yeah i always took it to be about heroin.


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Comfortably Numb
( 1 2 all )
gdman 2,316 23 07/27/04 09:10 PM
by fearfect
* comfortably numb danlennon3 819 7 02/08/08 10:29 AM
by danlennon3
* Comfortably Numb
( 1 2 all )
2Cents 1,617 23 05/19/10 11:19 AM
by Sophistic Radiance
* Comfortably Numb ,on "week long" acid trip CaptainH13 2,474 8 11/24/04 06:08 AM
by kosmic_charlie
* great version of comfortably numb Leanin 644 5 08/11/08 10:52 PM
by PsilocybinLuvin
* pics of pubbers '09 edition...!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 180 181 )
chaatra 118,157 3,619 03/14/11 02:36 AM
by Bodhi of Ankou
* if rhymes were valiums Id be comfortably numb
( 1 2 all )
AJ4U 1,684 27 11/14/09 05:52 PM
by Unparalized
* The awesomeness of Comfortably Numb RipVanWinkle 259 2 01/28/10 07:55 PM
by TeamAmerica

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,453 topic views. 1 members, 22 guests and 122 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.