Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but...
    #11963102 -

I received it today but is it only supposed to say your last name on the letter?

The name is totally WRONG,it says Angelez De Los...really it supposed to say De los angeles but technically my last name is Angeles so this is all crazy.My rest of my family is DelosAngeles (My birth certificate is different,thanks to mom and dad) Since the name is not accurate should I even care about going??? :confused:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963129 -

Shit, I do it for you.

I don't mind jury duty. I finally got served to go downtown for one, and it was a blast. Was paid not to go to work, and got paid for not going to work.

Watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off while chatting it up with some cool ass people.

Didn't even get seat.

Only part that sucked was that they released us for a 2.5 hour lunch, only to send us home upon returning.

GRRRR.... I was stoned, so I just went to the Casino, and people watched.


--------------------
It is what it is, Let it be!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963132 -

I dont have any experience with this, but seems like you should be able to ditch it. Don't see how you can be held liable since the letter is not referring to you(by your correct name).


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963134 -

No you need to go or they'll get your ass. Just act like a racists. They get dropped real quick and your home free.


--------------------
"But our trip was different. It was a classic affirmation of everything right and true and decent in the national character. It was a gross, physical salute to the fantastic possibilities of life in this country—but only for those with true grit. And we were chock full of that."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: PureGrit]
    #11963153 -

I knew a judge who was a Professor who told me he would hold people in contempt of court for that kind of behavior.

I don't recommend it. Just be honest, most cases don't go to trial, and get settled before even seating a jury.


--------------------
It is what it is, Let it be!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: OrganizedChaos]
    #11963167 -

This sucks,its not even remotely close to my house.I have no job or car at the moment...fuckin great timing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963183 -

Borrow a car? Get on the bus?

Hey, maybe you will get paid, I received $25, plus my days pay at work and mileage from where I live just for showing up.


--------------------
It is what it is, Let it be!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963197 -

I hate jury duty... I always get those letters :bored:
None of my friends ever get called for jury duty... why is it always me?


Sometimes you don't even have to show though, so you might luck out.
Just call the number the day before you're scheduled to show up and hopefully they'll let you know that you don't have to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: OrganizedChaos]
    #11963203 -

It does say I'll be a grand juror,mofo's better pay me right.I gotz drugs to spend that on :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963213 -

Grand Juror, that means some interesting ass shit hopefully.

Decide whether to bring charges or not.


--------------------
It is what it is, Let it be!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got my 1st dreaded jury duty letter..but... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #11963226 -

Liquid_Dimension said:
I received it today but is it only supposed to say your last name on the letter?

The name is totally WRONG,it says Angelez De Los...really it supposed to say De los angeles but technically my last name is Angeles so this is all crazy.My rest of my family is DelosAngeles (My birth certificate is different,thanks to mom and dad) Since the name is not accurate should I even care about going??? :confused:



Just go and vote not guilty for whatever the case is.


--------------------
Who you jivin' with that cosmic debris?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jury Duty hummermania00 1,913 17 04/13/07 04:46 PM
by officerfox
* Jury Duty cisole 3,149 12 10/04/04 11:41 AM
by cisole
* Funny article about idiot... "Jury Duty Excuses Could Bring Charges" RoosterCogburn 1,302 6 07/10/07 07:03 PM
by RoosterCogburn
* Jury Duty Staypuft 788 4 05/26/05 10:42 PM
by KingOftheThing
* Jury Duty ShattrdHarlequin 543 4 06/07/06 06:15 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* Jury Duty ToTheSummit 748 5 12/18/04 01:07 AM
by Kremlin
* Jury Duty Che_Night_Soil 2,070 15 02/16/04 09:06 PM
by TODAY
* Jury summons... Konnrade 824 9 06/22/07 06:06 PM
by Konnrade

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
486 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.